• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Arc07

I got the email saying my preorder date was changed from 10/6 to 9/27, then 5 minutes later I got the cancellation email. Way to tease Walmart.

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.

I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business.

Warm regards,
Deserie Dulaney
Sr. Director Customer Care
Walmart.com

Looks they are all gonna get cancelled :(

Mashing

The dream is dead. My order has been cancelled. I should be receiving two separate e-mails as I made two separate orders. At least I still have my Amazon UK and Amazon DE orders still in the pipeline.

zulux21

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.

Warm regards,
Deserie Dulaney
Walmart.com

yup just got mine :/

oh well guess my coworker won't be getting one from me now.

Alfredo

I also just received the cancellation email. :(

Disappointed that they don't even offer any credit for the inconvenience. Oh wellllll. Probably won't ever be able to get one now :(((

jacobeid

Banned
Also canceled. Well, they got me to create an account with them. I will now happily continue my tradition of never shopping at wal mart for anything.

ftmwHIk.png

Spoke too soon. Such bullshit.

Kind of reads like there will be no preorders, given their emphasis on the release date.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Warm regards,
Deserie Dulaney
Walmart.com

The way this is worded, it actually sounds as if they don't expect to do pre-orders at all. Let's hope this isn't the case.

Ridley327

Yeah, it looks like they dropped the hammer on every order at this point. Considering how cordial the email reads, there's no doubt that every order is going to get cancelled.

Thabass

Yep. Cancelled email here too.

So, I'm not going to put most of the blame on Walmart here. They screwed up on their end, sure, but I'm pointing a big fucking finger at Nintendo.

Just put the fucking thing up for pre-orders everywhere. This is bullshit.

Thank god I didn't cancel my snes mini from amazon.uk. What a bunch of punks.

If they cared about customer service, they'd find a way to keep the preorder. Oh well.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I have an email alert on Amazon, but I did that last time too and NEVER got a mail. So... this time Amazon. get it together.

jacobeid

Banned
Is there a way to delete your wal mart account? It's just another email address waiting to be exposed from a hack. I don't shop at wal mart and made an account specifically for this.

Top Bottom