• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Got my cancellation email and exactly one minute later got an email saying my delivery date had changed to 9/29. Soooo...?

Still showing up on my account, for what it's worth.

I have an email alert on Amazon, but I did that last time too and NEVER got a mail. So... this time Amazon. get it together.

I've used that maybe a dozen times and have never once got an email. They don't start going out until after the item is available, but if it's a limited item that sells out quickly they'll typically be gone before the email even gets a chance to send, so they're basically useless for anything you need to pre-order.

Why dont Reggie want us, man?

I got the same email but only for one order. I checked out twice actually. Fully expecting my other order to be cancelled at this point but I've only gotten 1 email.

Yeah I got one for me and one for my bro but on two separate accounts, but only one account got the email and neither order has actually been cancelled yet. I don't think it means anything, probably just takes time.

Haven't gotten anything from Walmart yet. Probably just a staggered send.

Most likely.

Still haven't gotten my cancellation yet.
Maybe if I hide this thread and close my email window and live in blissful ignorance it won't get cancelled.

If a SNES Classic is cancelled in the forest, does it make a sound?
The answer: Forum posts do not make sounds, but there sure will be a lot of them.

jmizzal

Yesterday or so, the pending charge was removed for 2 of the 3 orders, but there's still a hold on one more. Either way, all 3 orders are still processing for me.

It will make me so happy if Walmart comes through & I can get both of my friends one of these, especially my best friend since we have such childhood ties to the SNES.

Edit: & of course, mere minutes after typing this post, I got the email saying the order was cancelled.....

DFr4A4wXkAI5df4.jpg

oh no i'm scared to check my email

Sulik2

Everybody ready to camp out for these? Cause Nintendo clearly has no clue how to do preorders for these things.

I got the cancellation email but my order is still saying processing? Also my card was charged immediately when I placed the preorder.

What should I do?

This is still showing up on my card:

Pending Card purchase authorization WALMART.COM - $84.79

mjc

Preorders won't go up in the US, NoA wants people to stand in line like it's 1993 and wait for this thing to come out.

BiggNife

Man they could at least give us $5 credit as an apology

Even Gamestop of all places has given me a $10 giftcard when a listing was up by accident

Kadin

This shit is just ridiculous. I can't wait to see what bundles ThinkGeek offers for these 6 months from now.

tootie923

Yup, cancelled! I ordered one only, but I guess that didn't make a difference. I'm definitely keeping the Amazon.uk order then.

Got my email too :'(

Hi Lightning,

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.

I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business.

Everybody ready to camp out for these? Cause Nintendo clearly has no clue how to do preorders for these things.

Naw, fuck NoA, man. If I can't buy this thing like a regular human being then NoA can kiss my ass. I'm not camping out for shit. Either I preorder it or there are enough for me to walk into a store at a regular time of day to buy one.

Namek

Neo Member
I'm not sure why they don't just sell this from their website. They've done this with:

- Gamecube component cables
- Xenoblade
- Pokemon Box?

It allows them to gauge demand and ramp up as needed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, canceled.

Maybe one of these days Nintendo will get it together. I 100% blame them and not Walmart, because there's no reason these shouldn't be up at every retailer for preorder now.

I blame Nintendo for this fucking mess.

Wal-Mart probably showed Nintendo the numbers, and Nintendo came back and said "Nope, that exceeds the amount of units we planned to sell in North America. You are on your own."

Even the mighty Wal-Mart couldn't convince fucking Nintendo of their stupidity by making it a limited release.

Bookoo

I got the cancellation email but my order is still saying processing? Also my card was charged immediately when I placed the preorder.

What should I do?

This is still showing up on my card:

Pending Card purchase authorization WALMART.COM - $84.79

That should go away after a couple of days.

Camjo-Z

>preorder canceled

If I can't get one of these without a hassle I'll skip it just like NES Classic. thanks nintendo

Yep, canceled.

Maybe one of these days Nintendo will get it together. I 100% blame them and not Walmart, because there's no reason these shouldn't be up at every retailer for preorder now.

The reason is Nintendo of America doesn't want pre-orders for this period. I suspected as much to begin with, which made Walmart a nice surprise. This straight up confirms it though.

Mine was cancelled too... but I kind of don't care. I never did get an NES Classic (even though I had two separate chances) and getting an SNES Classic would have made me really want an NES one. So thank you, Wal-Mart, for saving me money.

Type2

Damn I thought for sure with my preorder lasting this long it would stick but I just got that email too. Truly the darkest timeline.

Why do I still have the order pending on my credit card AND processing on Walmart.com after getting that cancellation email?!

Likely because they wanted to get their statement out before the orders actually got cancelled. If it happened the other way around, it would be happening without communication, and there would be more of a nerd riot than there is already. PR timing. Once the statements are finished getting sent out to everyone, then they'll likely start actually cancelling the orders on account.

This is a customer service message, not actually an account update message. That will come soon enough.

Top Bottom