• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

br3wnor

Just like everyone else, Walmart cancelled my 2 orders. Figured it was too good to be true.

UK Amazon preorder still standing strong, glad I didn’t cancel it.

Kindekuma

Banned
Still haven't gotten my cancellation yet.
Maybe if I hide this thread and close my email window and live in blissful ignorance it won't get cancelled.

Rival

Gold Member
The dream is dead. As much as I want one I will make no effort to procure one. Seriously sucks Nintendo insists on making this such a limited release.

Yeah, they're all dead.

What a colossal fuck up. Mainly on Walmart's part, because this really should've been acknowledged immediately after the pre-orders went live. I have no idea how it took them this long to decide that cancellation needed to happen.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
giphy.gif

K Walmart.. just.. just end the pain.

robrueda

Just got this by email:

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.

I was so stressed this could happend.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
"We hope to have another chance at your business" they say.

"You do not get another chance" I say.

Namek

Neo Member
I have an email alert on Amazon, but I did that last time too and NEVER got a mail. So... this time Amazon. get it together.

It sold out in seconds. I don't think an email would be able to get out in the time it takes for stock to deplete.

MrMephistoX

Yesterday or so, the pending charge was removed for 2 of the 3 orders, but there's still a hold on one more. Either way, all 3 orders are still processing for me.

It will make me so happy if Walmart comes through & I can get both of my friends one of these, especially my best friend since we have such childhood ties to the SNES.

Edit: & of course, mere minutes after typing this post, I got the email saying the order was cancelled.....

DFr4A4wXkAI5df4.jpg

I got the same email but only for one order. I checked out twice actually. Fully expecting my other order to be cancelled at this point but I've only gotten 1 email. Might as well sign up for alerts on Play-Asia too...I kinda want the colored buttons anyway. Are any EU, UK, or JPN shops taking pre-orders still?

Ha, I'd already cancelled it yesterday because I mistakenly used a card that I was planning on discarding in the next month or two.

Time to jump back on the NowInStock train, toot toot

KodaRuss

God I hate this. I am not going to have time to run around town looking for one of these over the next 6 months.

I got lucky as hell with the Switch I got, I dont see it happening again.

Ha, I'd already cancelled it yesterday because I had mistakenly used a card that I was planning on discarding in the next month or two.

Time to jump back on the NowInStock train, toot toot

Yeah, there's going to be a dead train until September 29th. This, more or less, confirms no preorders from anyone until launch.

Top Bottom