• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Can someone of note please grill the fuck out of Reggie in an interview? Like whoever it was who interviewed the Sony guy on the Minecraft fiasco and shut him straight down with the Nintendo nod?

Previous

check out my new Swatch
*checks email*
zpkjIhe.gif

mjc

If Nintendo goes the way of no preorders, and underships this thing as hard as the NES version, I might just go the route of a Pi. *shrugs*

Kadin

Can someone of note please grill the fuck out of Reggie in an interview? Like whoever it was who interviewed the Sony guy on the Minecraft fiasco and shut him straight down with the Nintendo nod?
"Look. We know the NES Classic wasn't available to as many customers as we would have liked. We're prepared to not make that mistake again with the SNES Classic. We plan to have adequate units available for anyone that wants one. We'll reveal more later but rest assured we hear you."

That's about what I'd expect to hear from him.

.J.

Banned
Just got my cancellation as well. Man, fuck Wal-Mart and fuck Nintendo.

Really look forward to seeing scalpers make bank off of this instead of folks who actually care about getting one being able to buy one normally.

goodcow

I'm not sure why they don't just sell this from their website. They've done this with:

- Gamecube component cables
- Xenoblade
- Pokemon Box?

It allows them to gauge demand and ramp up as needed.

They don't have the in house staff to self manage and ship a million plus units of these. They probably handle a couple hundred online orders a day, maximum. Maybe even weekly.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone else's preorder still saying processed and hasn't been canceled?

Mine still says processing but I received the form letter from Walmart saying they will cancel SNES preorders.

We'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath.

LightJak007

Neo Member
And people were selling Walmart preorders on eBay prematurely. Hope nobody sunk to that level to "preorder". I put in my order when it went up, just on the off-chance that it was legit. I'm not disappointed, I figured it would happen.

"Look. We know the NES Classic wasn't available to as many customers as we would have liked. We're prepared to not make that mistake again with the SNES Classic. We plan to have adequate units available for anyone that wants one. We'll reveal more later but rest assured we hear you."

Which is why I would like someone to pretty much say "yeah, that's bullshit" to his face. Too many interviewers just nod and accept the pure BS he spews. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually press him.

lol. He will say "We heard you. We are thinking of ways to allocate our resources for the most efficient return on investment."

Akoi

Both Nintendo of America and Wal-Mart handled this terribly. Blaming it on a glitch and leaving the orders open for about 5 days then canceling it. What a joke.

Tubie

Is Nintendo really gonna release this thing without taking preorders at all?

I don't understand Nintendo at all.

Can't wait to stand in line outside of Best Buy with a legion of scalpers and their entire families ahead of me.

AdamT

I knew it! That's disappointing.

Well, if anything, the Google notification and following Wario's Twitter posts helped me get the preorder(sorta) once, so 2nd time I may get lucky again.

mjc

You're asking video game journalists to do the one thing they are absolutely not equipped to do. They'll just ask him about the pin he chose to wear to the interview instead.

wesker83

Neo Member
You just know Walmart spent days pleading with Nintendo for some sort of actual number of units they will receive of a product that releases in two months so they wouldn't have to cancel all the orders and take this PR hit. But of course NOA being NOA they probably ignored them or said tough shit we don't know.

Kadin

Which is why I would like someone to pretty much say "yeah, that's bullshit" to his face. Too many interviewers just nod and accept the pure BS he spews. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually press him.
They probably don't because they don't want to ruin a relationship with him for future interviews and/or they have and the response was something not worth mentioning. Basically a 'no comment' or 'thanks guys, cya.'

I know it's frustrating but this has to be on Wal Mart as well.

It's a team effort. NoA created the shitstorm that allowed for this and Walmart threw salt into the wound. Walmart is to blame for this skirmish but Reggie started the war.

Because they have a professional reputation to worry about and bosses to answer to. Start stirring shit and the people will like you, but the suits will stop inviting you.
But if someone who does not do this professionally just happens to get a moment with him, that'd be hilarious. I volunteer, take me to Reg.

Now I gotta hope I don't have an exam or some shit that day and go camp out.

I'm tired of this company's limited stock bullshit. It's a scummy, non-consumer-friendly move from whichever angle you look at it. At least pre-orders gave people a shot, but releasing on a Friday morning, with probably no more than three units per store is going to make this shit impossible to get.

mjc

Now I gotta hope I don't have an exam or some shit that day and go camp out.

I'm tired of this company's limited stock bullshit. It's a scummy, non-consumer-friendly move from whichever angle you look at it. At least pre-orders gave people a shot, but releasing on a Friday morning, with probably no more than three units per store is going to make this shit impossible to get.

Don't support it by camping out if you think it's scummy and non-consumer. I know I won't be camping out.

You just know Walmart spent days pleading with Nintendo for some sort of actual number of units they will receive of a product that releases in two months so they wouldn't have to cancel all the orders and take this PR hit. But of course NOA being NOA they probably ignored them or said tough shit we don't know.

Still on Wal Mart for putting up the preorders before they were supposed to go up.

Obviously, Nintendo has plenty of blame in this as well since they can't ever seem to produce enough stock, but this is on Wal Mart, IMO.

br3wnor

Yup, NOA is creaming their pants at the frenzy that is going to surround the launch of this thing. It’s going to make the NES look like amateur hour, the demand will be even higher for this and the prices on eBay are going to be crazy. It’s gonna be a bloodbath and Nintendo will soak up all the free press, they’re not going to make nearly enough of these to satisfy demand.

Don't support it by camping out if you think it's scummy and non-consumer. I know I won't be camping out.

The price for those games is too cheap. Want to play/replay most of those as they were well before my time, but I'm not spending $200 for all of them on virtual console. It's a lose-lose for me

Got my cancellation as well.

If I can't preorder this normally without too much hassle, then Nintendo can forget about a sale from me. I've got a SD2SNES and framemeister anyway.

Fuck you Nintendo and Walmart!

Top Bottom