• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

TrojanAg

Out of curiosity, anybody with a Walmart order have theirs shipped by FedEx but not charged to their card? We'll see what happens but I might be getting one for free since I have one on its way.

Finally got home. It got delivered early from Best Buy but UPS sent it to the wrong apartment building and wouldn’t give me help over the phone. Found it after almost a hour. Not even that mad honestly considering I found it

cordy

Banned
What is going on with Amazon?

According to a rep I spoke to earlier, idk if it's accurate, but they haven't received their stock yet. Who knows but I did get some free credit out of it, changed to 1-day shipping free of charge and they're escalating my report to their higher ups and will get back to me.

Either way no one was notified so we'll see. If the order doesn't ship out before the day's over then yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Chatted with Walmart, and was told "The expected shipping date is tomorrow."

iamcenok

I'm extremely bummed with Best buy right now.

I ordered two SNES classics, each on a separate credit card because I didn't want to charge both on one.

And as of yesterday It was cancelled due to what best buy called a "duplicate" order.

I was going to gift one to my best friend back home, because he's always hooked me up whenever I would go visit NYC.

Now it looks like I'm going to just give him mine, and I'll go empty handed.

I'm hella bummed.

FAKE EDIT: Sorry if this was against the rules. I just needed to vent.

Said the same to me so i guess we just wait.

Honestly this always happens with walmart so im not sure why im surprised.

I'd be completely delighted to be mistaken on this, but I'm reasonably certain that these "I chatted with a rep" conversations are a complete waste of time. I highly doubt that they're actually getting on the line with someone from distribution warehouses to get to the bottom of your exact order, and are probably just reciting canned generic lines about any preorder situation.

"Well, our system doesn't indicate that there's any official delay in your shipment, so yeah, sure! It'll be shipped tomorrow I'm certain! Now if you'll excuse me I have to assist a dozen more customers in the queue this hour or I'll be reprimanded."

kaydigi

I'm extremely bummed with Best buy right now.

I ordered two SNES classics, each on a separate credit card because I didn't want to charge both on one.

And as of yesterday It was cancelled due to what best buy called a "duplicate" order.

I was going to gift one to my best friend back home, because he's always hooked me up whenever I would go visit NYC.

Now it looks like I'm going to just give him mine, and I'll go empty handed.

I'm hella bummed.

FAKE EDIT: Sorry if this was against the rules. I just needed to vent.

Can you make it to Walmart?

Pikma

Banned
According to a rep I spoke to earlier, idk if it's accurate, but they haven't received their stock yet. Who knows but I did get some free credit out of it, changed to 1-day shipping free of charge and they're escalating my report to their higher ups and will get back to me.

Either way no one was notified so we'll see. If the order doesn't ship out before the day's over then yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Not happening, apparently the earlier our orders will start to get fulfilled will be next week.

According to two different reps I spoke to, anyway.

mrkgoo

So I was at a store today (sneakily hoping it was breaking street date), but next to the gaping hole where I assume the SNES will sit were miniature versions of the Sega Megadrove (with two controllers and like 80 games or something) and an Atari.

What are those? Are they kind of the equivalent thing, licensed versions or what? Are they any good?

So I was at a store today (sneakily hoping it was breaking street date), but next to the gaping hole where I assume the SNES will sit were miniature versions of the Sega Megadrove (with two controllers and like 80 games or something) and an Atari.

What are those? Are they kind of the equivalent thing, licensed versions or what? Are they any good?

The Genesis ones are to my knowledge not very good. I think there are some notable sound issues first of all. But more importantly, they connect via composite and not HDMI. These things have actually been around for years.

Don't know anything about the Atari ones though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Licensed out, made by third parties. They're not very good.

BaneDrain

Browsing around some other sites on if lines are already forming and where, some folks are saying their 24 hour Walmart said there would be a limit of 2 purchases per person.

I'm hoping that's not the case, I'm thinking if it is true the 31 units near me are going poof very quick.

Erevador

Can this really be happening? Stock is being released in local stores all over the place... and yet America's biggest online retailer has zero stock to send out on release day?

If its true, I simply can't understand it. Some massive mistake from Amazon, or Nintendo, or both.

All I know is that I put in my amazon order more or less the MOMENT it went live (before it was on Wario or GAF) and... I've still got no delivery date.

Madness.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
8/22 order date?

Yep.

I'd be completely delighted to be mistaken on this, but I'm reasonably certain that these "I chatted with a rep" conversations are a complete waste of time. I highly doubt that they're actually getting on the line with someone from distribution warehouses to get to the bottom of your exact order, and are probably just reciting canned generic lines about any preorder situation.

"Well, our system doesn't indicate that there's any official delay in your shipment, so yeah, sure! It'll be shipped tomorrow I'm certain! Now if you'll excuse me I have to assist a dozen more customers in the queue this hour or I'll be reprimanded."

This is exactly what I felt once I was done with the chat. It's just recycled, pre-written lines.

I don't doubt that this happens, but I talked to a Walmart rep a couple hours ago and they said mine was scheduled to ship in a few hours. I just checked right now and it's shipped so it seemed accurate for me this time.

JDdelphin

My walmart order set to be delivered by oct.5th went from 'processing' to 'shipped' today.....

SeAp9wz.gif

...it has a shipping label and tracking number...

Kinda insane that Amazon US dropped the ball out of all the other online pre-orders. I was lucky enough to grab a Best Buy pre-order for myself but looks like I'm going to have to break the bad news to my buddy tomorrow unless I can get lucky and snag one at walmart for him tonight.

mrkgoo

The Genesis ones are to my knowledge not very good. I think there are some notable sound issues first of all. But more importantly, they connect via composite and not HDMI. These things have actually been around for years.

Don't know anything about the Atari ones though.

Ah, thanks!

They look similar though, so I'm guessing cashing in on the popularity of the Nintendo ones I imagine.

Kinda insane that Amazon US dropped the ball out of all the other online pre-orders. I was lucky enough to grab a Best Buy pre-order for myself but looks like I'm going to have to break the bad news to my buddy tomorrow unless I can get lucky and snag one at walmart for him tonight.
I'm not sure what you mean here. Pretty much everyone is a disaster except Best Buy. I agree that Amazon really should have their shit together, but they're hardly alone.

PSFan

How could the Atari one not be very good? They are Atari 2600 games, they are primitive in graphics and sound to begin with and don't need much to run.

Ah, thanks!

They look similar though, so I'm guessing cashing in on the popularity of the Nintendo ones I imagine.

They've been out far longer than Nintendo has been in the retro game.

Don't waste your money on the Sega ones...like others said, 3rd party and they are not good at all. Wish Sega made their own like the SNES. That I would love.

Kevin

Amazon always drops the ball. I've had several orders this year canceled or delayed by weeks after release. Never had this problem anywhere else.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Pretty much everyone is a disaster except Best Buy. I agree that Amazon really should have their shit together, but they're hardly alone.

Really? Thought it was just Amazon having massive problems right now, besides shipping date nonsense Walmart usually pulls on orders. I hope everyone who managed to get a pre-order in gets their stuff regardless of where they placed the order.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Best Buy shipped yesterday..no charge for release date...

Gamestop shipped today but I paid overnight at Gamestop and won't get it til Monday.

Persona7

Banned
What is going on with Amazon?

Amazon has shipped me new release games and hardware as late as 1am on the same day they are delivered. My last game was entered into the system shortly after midnight and delivered at 9:45am by UPS. I think people are freaking out because they don't know how amazon operates.

Pikma

Banned
Amazon has shipped me new release games and hardware as late as 1am on the same day they are delivered. My last game was entered into the system shortly after midnight and delivered at 9:45am by UPS. I think people are freaking out because they don't know how amazon operates.
No, people are freaking out because Amazon themselves have recognized they're facing supply issues and everything, including the responses by their reps, indicates they'll more than likely miss release date.

disChapo

Neo Member

There's two warehouses here in Vegas and things usually ship at 11pm (Pacific) if they have it here so I'm holding hope until then. If not I hope I can find one in stores.

FinKL

I like how we all went from complaining to get one, to complaining about getting it day one.

Remember how we all thought it was a shitshow to begin with and just securing one would of been good enough?

My walmart order just shipped now, but has an est arrival of oct 5th so who knows.

To be fair, Amazon did mass e-mail everyone and warn us that we wouldn't get it on release day. Granted, everything thought that was a mistake or generic notice they sent to cover their asses, but it's now looking more and more like there was actually something to all of that.

Blizzard

Banned
Target shipped but not delivering until next week. I might try to get a local one for my fiance and cancel the Amazon limbo if possible.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wouldn't sweat Amazon. They're starting to do their own deliveries using their own service. Usually some locals driving around instead of using UPS. I've had games delivered on launch day several times over the last couple of months

How much credit?

Top Bottom