• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

cordy

Banned
Amazon has shipped me new release games and hardware as late as 1am on the same day they are delivered. My last game was entered into the system shortly after midnight and delivered at 9:45am by UPS. I think people are freaking out because they don't know how amazon operates.

Been using Amazon for over a decade now. Never had I had any release date delivery not set up nor send an email by 6PM CST. Just because that's your experience, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.
Not happening, apparently the earlier our orders will start to get fulfilled will be next week.

According to two different reps I spoke to, anyway.

Let's hope those reps just weren't informed.
How much credit?

Just $5.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like Meijer will sell them at midnight, but I don't know how many they'll get at the one in my town. Tempted to swing by there before work at 11 p.m. to see if there's a line & if it's worth waiting around for an hour or if it's safe to just go after work around 4 a.m.

LA GAF, it has begun:

dsc_0108kvk1r.jpg

(Best Buy in Atwater Village)

Chesskid1

Banned
please take pictures and shares stories of your midnight launches.

i'm happy getting my mail orders late but i freakin love retail stories, i dont know why

PSFan

Damn, that's just so not worth it for me, I'd rather wait until I can find one or never at all than spend 16 hours on a fucking line

Yeah me too. Just planning to check my Walmarts and Best Buy on the way to work tomorrow morning. If Walmart has any left I'll grab one, if not swing by BB and check the line. If I can get a ticket, I'll go back at lunch and pick it up.

And if I don't get one, I still have Yokai Watch 2 Psychic Spectres arriving tomorrow to play this weekend lol.

cordy

Banned
Yeah, I'm not going to lineup and get one. If they have them at Target before work, at Best Buy or GameStop on lunch? I'll pick one up. If not then I'll wait until my Amazon order ships.

It's a great product but nah I can hold out lol.

AdanVC

I wonder how many hyped to the max people are gonna get their SNES Classic, only to play the first world of Super Mario World, a few SFII and Mario kart matches to show off the 2nd controller and then turn it off to never ever be played again and begin waiting for the N64 Classic Mini so everything repeats all over again..........................

Tabasco

The Walmart closest to me is only getting 24 of them.

I feel like one would have to go earlier than 10 PM to get one from there but who knows.

I wonder how many hyped to the max people are gonna get their SNES Classic, only to play the first world of Super Mario World, a few SFII Alpha and Mario kart matches to show off the 2nd controller and then turn it off to never ever be played again and begin waiting for the N64 Classic Mini so everything repeats all over again..........................

i played some punch out and super mario 3 on my nes classic last year...and its been in a cabinet ever since. But I do think ill use the snes more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder how many hyped to the max people are gonna get their SNES Classic, only to play the first world of Super Mario World, a few SFII and Mario kart matches to show off the 2nd controller and then turn it off to never ever be played again and begin waiting for the N64 Classic Mini so everything repeats all over again..........................
This is exactly what I figured would happen if I got the NES Mini. I'm hopeful this won't happen with the SNES since I have more nostalgia for it, I wanna play Star Fox 2 among a few other games, & the idea of adding more games via hacking sounds tempting.

My ship-to-home order from Best Buy is still showing "Expected Delivery By: Thursday, September 28, 2017" with its most recent activity having been leaving a regional facility like 10 minutes north of me...
It's 7:40PM though, so I'm not hopeful...

BumRush

I definitely understand (and feel for) the folks that are bummed about order delays but for me, these are all games that came out 20+ years ago (excluding SF2)...a few days later isn't going to kill me.

I definitely understand (and feel for) the folks that are bummed about order delays but for me, these are all games that came out 20+ years ago (excluding SF2)...a few days later isn't going to kill me.

For me it's mostly because I'm giving units to some other people, and I feel bad making them wait longer.

To be fair, Amazon did mass e-mail everyone and warn us that we wouldn't get it on release day. Granted, everything thought that was a mistake or generic notice they sent to cover their asses, but it's now looking more and more like there was actually something to all of that.

?? I never got this email.

EDIT: Lied. Found a copy online and searched my gmail and found it.

Damnit! :p

To be fair, Amazon did mass e-mail everyone and warn us that we wouldn't get it on release day. Granted, everything thought that was a mistake or generic notice they sent to cover their asses, but it's now looking more and more like there was actually something to all of that.

Never got the email.

F34R

Electronics guy at my local wal mart said they weren't getting any. Checked brickseek, and it shows 18 lol. I'll be there in the morning. Bright and early.

SOLDIER

How are people getting stock numbers? All the Walmart’s near me say 0, out of stock.

Didn’t someone say that Walmart had blocked the numbers for each store until launch?

kaydigi

I’m litterally going over enemy placement in head for Contra III. Once hacking is completed I’m down for Final Fight 3 and Turtles in Time.

malfcn

Looks like Meijer will sell them at midnight, but I don't know how many they'll get at the one in my town. Tempted to swing by there before work at 11 p.m. to see if there's a line & if it's worth waiting around for an hour or if it's safe to just go after work around 4 a.m.

I was thinking of checking. Sometime said a 10% general coupon may work too.

HYDE

Banned
Found out WalMart at Moscow, ID & Pullman, WA both have ~25 units. Clarkston, WA or Lewiston, ID has ~45-50 units. Good luck fellow GAFfers.

Rival

Gold Member
I’m still worried my Walmart preorder isn’t going to go through since the card I used for the preorder had to be cancelled due to someone stealing my Amex number and trying to buy a phone with it. I updated the payment method on my account but you can’t change it for the order. What really sucks is that I had one of the think geek preorders in place that I cancelled once I got the Walmart one.

The_Kid

I'm debating going at about 3 am to Best buy but like, it seems stores are getting so much that it would be better to wait for them to pop up online again.

Called my local Walmart after going on a run and they already had 12 people in line. They only have 20 according to Brickseek. Ran over and got in line. Gonna be a long night, but I have off tomorrow so it should be ok.

SOLDIER

Again, how are people getting stock numbers from brickseek? I thought they were taken down, it just says 0 for all of my Walmarts.

Is there a way to tell how many my local Target is getting?

3 posts above yours:

Again, how are people getting stock numbers from brickseek? I thought they were taken down, it just says 0 for all of my Walmarts.

Because some of them are back up and don't say '0' for everything for everyone.
Some of the ones near me say '0', some say '50' or other numbers.

SOLDIER

3 posts above yours:

Because some of them are back up and don't say '0' for everything for everyone.
Some of the ones near me say '0', some say '50' or other numbers.

Is there an average for the 24 hour super centers?

I’m not going to the store until about an hour to midnight. If they only had 20 and 20 people are already in line, then I’d be hosed.

Top Bottom