• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

guyssorry

One of my Wal Mart pre-orders has shipped (tracking-number is provided on the site, but I didn't receive an e-mail), but the other has not shipped. Both were placed on the same day, about 5 minutes apart (8/25/17)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
One of my Wal Mart pre-orders has shipped (tracking-number is provided on the site, but I didn't receive an e-mail), but the other has not shipped. Both were placed on the same day, about 5 minutes apart (8/25/17)

9kfqXq5.gif

sotojuan

its not that extreme, i went before work when the nes classic launched and people were there at 5am

i think they only had 15 to sell

Yeah that was for NES. My Target is getting ~160 SNES. Don't get me wrong, better safe than sorry, but it might be overkill.

I'll probably be at my Target at ~7am the earliest and see how big the line is.

Thabass

Soooo Walmart says mine is shipping tomorrow, even though I have "arrival" date of September 29th.

Thank god I pre-ordered at GameStop too and that one will be in the store tomorrow.

Lineup poll:

Where are you lining up and how early are you planning on getting there?

I'll be at Target (in Central NJ) at 6AM.

FL

Guess I'll wake up while it's still dark and try my luck at Walmart or just go at midnight. See how that goes. Go to Best Buy before 7am and try to get a ticket. I'll be willing to wait on line at Target if it's under hour so then I'll do that until they open at 8. And then depending on how those first three attempts went, I'll try Toys R Us, Gamestop and so.

I'll also be checking Amazon and Amazon Now the whole time.

Backlog is too big right now so I'm probably not going to even open mine for a while (not gonna start a Super Metroid playthrough when I've barely put an hour into Samus Returns), that way if I never get to it it'll be easier to sell.

Emarv

After days of preparing to ship, my Target pre-order finally says it's shipping. Who knows how long it'll take, but i'll take it whenever at this point.

And just like that, Target shipped my SNES out of nowhere. Coming via FedEx from AZ, so I might actually get this on release day instead of October 9th.

Is it normal for UPS to hand off packages to USPS?

Best Buy shipped via UPS... then this morning got given to USPS. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Also cancelled my Walmart preorder because it looks like BB is going to come through.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Where's the info that 24 hr Walmarts don't have a plan for tonight coming from?

I called mine earlier and they said I could call back later (when the manager came in, around 5) if I wanted to know how they were going to handle the launch. Made it sound like they may be doing a ticket system.

And Polygon's article said the 24 hr ones should be doing midnight launches with line management.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/28/1...o-buy-amazon-walmart-gamestop-target-best-buy

TeeEffGee

Neo Member

I called mine earlier and they said I could call back later (when the manager came in, around 5) if I wanted to know how they were going to handle the launch. Made it sound like they may be doing a ticket system.

And Polygon's article said the 24 hr ones should be doing midnight launches with line management.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/28/1...o-buy-amazon-walmart-gamestop-target-best-buy

My own personal info. regarding no line came from calling my local store.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Had anyone’s amazon order from the initial time it went up with the weird funky supplier that wario put up, actually ship?

No, but an escalated tier of customer service told me mine was shipping on the 11th of Oct, and that Amazon had stock issues with the supplier (Nintendo).

Fodder76

I called mine earlier today and the guy said there would be no tickets. Just first come first serve. Of course, he could be wrong but he said it with conviction.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Real talk: will anything be accomplished if I ask an Amazon rep what the situation is with my order, considering people here already seemed to have tried that & basically got "it'll ship early to mid October".

I just want SOMETHING to put me at rest, despite knowing Amazon will ship it considering they didn't cancel my order this far into the release.

The Walmart near me getting the most said yes going on sale at midnight, no no real plan about a line, and yes there have been calls. So I guess I'll drive over there 10ish and see.

UNLESS my order switches to shipped before then.

Ashhong

Looks like Target will have plenty of stock. All of the ones in my area are slowly updating with stock numbers and each one is over 60 units

My Amazon UK order shipped. Lets see if I can grab one around 5AM at a walmart on my way to work.
tenor.gif

Same. I'll probably just rest easy and not bother hunting down another one.

I hope nobody bought one of these purely for Star Fox 2. It's not even close to worth it.

My main goal was to have a damn good SNES Emulator, especially after seeing how easy the NES Classic was to get going.

Dineren

Banned
Really hope my Walmart preorder ships tomorrow since my credit card will be expiring and I don't trust them not to screw up my order if I update it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really hope my Walmart preorder ships tomorrow since my credit card will be expiring and I don't trust them not to screw up my order if I update it.
You can't update it even if you wanted to.

My card got cancelled due to fraud and now im in limbo. There is no way to update payment source on a preorder.

I'm sure this will get lost amongst the posts like most my tidbits on inventory but I can piggy-back off Wario's numbers he posted on Twitter a few days ago on Best Buy's #'s. The lowest amount of systems a store got in my territory was 54 (3 stores all in the "boonies"), average is about 100-120, major Best Buy locations will have 150+ easily. All stores should be following the normal ticket process, 1 per customer. My specific store has 3 total Pre Orders out of the 124 we received.

Just a little better situation than the NES launch when we had 20 total. The entire year.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Top Bottom