• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Saganator

Pretty damn salty about this Walmart back order non-sense. I'm glad I contacted their support a couple weeks ago and asked if my order was at risk getting fucked up. The rep assured me everything was going to be fine. That interaction better be logged because I plan on using that to get whatever I can out of them. Wish I could've grabbed a BB preorder, I tried but missed out, as well as Target.

Anyone here get the NES Classic from a Walmart that opens at 6? What was it like?

You can't update it even if you wanted to.

My card got cancelled due to fraud and now im in limbo. There is no way to update payment source on a preorder.

One thing I've learned from this experience is Walmart's e-commerce system is shit. I couldn't even update the shipping address on my order. In the mad dash to get the order in, I transposed a number. I tried to change it but they said I had to wait to contact them after it ships. What kind of archaic system are they on? This is the company that revolutionized automatized distribution and they can't even make a decent e-commerce platform?

Malo

Banned
Going to go to the mall next to me at 7am, which has a target, best buy and gamestop. Target is getting 100 and best buy is getting 150. I feel pretty good about my chances of getting one.

Dartastic

Pretty damn salty about this Walmart back order non-sense. I'm glad I contacted their support a couple weeks ago and asked if my order was at risk getting fucked up. The rep assured me everything was going to be fine. That interaction better be logged because I plan on using that to get whatever I can out of them. Wish I could've grabbed a BB preorder, I tried but missed out, as well as Target.

Anyone here get the NES Classic from a Walmart that opens at 6? What was it like?
Wait what backorder nonsense? Time to go to their customer support I suppose. :(

Paskil

Lineup poll:

Where are you lining up and how early are you planning on getting there?

I'll be at Target (in Central NJ) at 6AM.

My Amazon UK unit shipped and will supposedly be arriving 10/14. I am going to Walmart tonight at around 10 to wait. My brother is meeting up with me shortly after because he gets off work at 10PM and is planning on heading straight to Walmart. The store is supposed to have 34 so we'll see what happens.

I'll stop in a Walmart tonight to check if I can get a hold of one. If not, I'll head to an area in the morning with a few Best Buys and Targets in close proximity to try my luck there.

Saganator

Wait what backorder nonsense? Time to go to their customer support I suppose. :(

Go back a couple pages. Lots of Walmart orders are back ordered. There are people who ordered on the 25th are getting theirs shipped while it seems like very few 8/22 orders are going out.

Dishwalla

Banned
I'm really not that worried about the Amazon thing, I just wish we knew something. Not knowing is worse than knowing.

Probably going to hit the Walmart between 10:30 and 11:00 tonight and see what's up, if they are handing them out at midnight and there's not a ton of people there I'll stick around, if there's a ton of people there I'll leave, I can wait. Don't need it tomorrow, but it'd be cool.

PSFan

Are those tickets Best Buy gives out good all day or do you have to be there at opening? I'm thinking of stopping at mine on the way to work to check the line and grab a ticket if it isn't too bad and then picking it up at lunch time about 2 hours after they open.

Malo

Banned
Out of curiosity, how did you determine how many Best Buy was getting?
5AFSKao.jpg

Got it from wario on twitter.

BaneDrain

I'm going to try a nearby 24 hour Walmart tonight, Brickseek shows they have 31 in stock. I'm feeling my chances are low.

Employee said no real system will be in place, just first-come first-serve.

Are those tickets Best Buy gives out good all day or do you have to be there at opening? I'm thinking of stopping at mine on the way to work to check the line and grab a ticket if it isn't too bad and then picking it up at lunch time about 2 hours after they open.

Should hold them for an entire day, but it could vary from store for store. They definitely won't be requiring you to stay though, once you get the ticket you can go. Most stores *should* start handing out tickets 1 hour prior to opening.

Ask whoever is handing you the ticket to be 100% sure though. Every store is different

EDIT: Also currently in a chat with Walmart Support and the order I made with them (about a month ago thru Wario post) is still ready to ship tomorrow despite no e-mail's updating me on the situation, so maybe backordered units for some isn't widespread? If anything I'm using this chat to make sure I got some ammo if anything comes up.

Joey Ravn

Banned
My Amazon UK pre-order is still "Preparing for Dispatch". It was supposed to get shipped today, Sept. 28th, but alas it hasn't. I want to think that there's no issue with it... but seeing so many get sent already is making me fear the worst.

My 8/25 Walmart order has been stuck at "processing" since the day I ordered it, but their "live chat" (bot?) assured me that mine should be delivered tomorrow. I don't even have a tracking number yet, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
My Amazon UK pre-order is still "Preparing for Dispatch". It was supposed to get shipped today, Sept. 28th, but alas it hasn't. I want to think that there's no issue with it... but seeing so many get sent already is making me fear the worst.

I'm in the same situation. Good to have company.

The Llama

No movement on my 8/22 Wal-Mart order but they charged my card last Saturday so who knows. Moreso mad/disappointed people who ordered 3 days later are getting theirs...

k91191

C'mon Walmart! My 8/25 pre-order is still in the "preparing order" phase. Doubt it'll arrive by the Friday, September 29th date it's telling me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
8/25er here. Walmart keeps telling me that they'll ship by tomorrow. So, I'm pretty hopeful.

I'd be fine with that, and it's what I've been expecting. But the mix of people shipping today and others being backordered got me worried.

LowParry

Hmmm. So have a WalMart pre-order. Hasn't shipped.

But I have a WalMart that's like 2 minutes away, along with Target and Best Buy. I'm tempted to just wake up in the morning and see if I get lucky.

Thabass

I'd be fine with that, and it's what I've been expecting. But the mix of people shipping today and others being backordered got me worried.

Yeah I hear you. My "arrive" date is set for tomorrow, but now they're saying it will SHIP tomorrow.

It seems like that will be the case.

foladar

Anyone with a Best Buy in store pick up get their SNES? Mine says it's ready for pick up but they won't release it to me until tomorrow.

The system probably won't let them, but usually for instore pickups, it sends you the email the day before with tomorrow's date to pick up.

dakilla13

My Target 8/22 order just changed to shipped after saying it would arrive on Oct 10th. My Walmart 8/22 order is still stuck in the 'preparing' phase :(

So for those keeping tabs:

Ordered from Walmart 8/25, still in "preparing". Just did the online chat and was told it will ship tomorrow and arrive October 4th.

Feel SOMEWHAT better but frankly might go to my 24 hour Walmart anyway, just in case.

Netto-kun

Picked up the €170/$200 (hooray for Norwegian prices and Bergsala!) SNES Mini that I bought for a friend earlier today. Amazon UK also shipped the one I pre-ordered that according to DHL apparently going will arrive...tomorrow?!

I'm sure this will get lost amongst the posts like most my tidbits on inventory but I can piggy-back off Wario's numbers he posted on Twitter a few days ago on Best Buy's #'s. The lowest amount of systems a store got in my territory was 54 (3 stores all in the "boonies"), average is about 100-120, major Best Buy locations will have 150+ easily. All stores should be following the normal ticket process, 1 per customer. My specific store has 3 total Pre Orders out of the 124 we received.

Just a little better situation than the NES launch when we had 20 total. The entire year.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Thanks for the info dude. I feel like my chances of picking one up at 2am at my local 24hr Walmart is gonna be good.

Anyone with a Best Buy in store pick up get their SNES? Mine says it's ready for pick up but they won't release it to me until tomorrow.

Make sure to read the fine print on your order. It probably is Ready For Pickup, meaning they've sorted your system and labeled it with your name but they will not, and cannot give it to you until tomorrow. The system will not allow it, no exceptions.

JP

I already knew that my Nintendo UK order was being delivered tomorrow, I've now just received an email confirmation from Tesco Direct order stating that they'll also be delivering tomorrow.

Tesco Direct had a delivery date of October 3rd when I ordered so I really wasn't expecting it until next week. Not that I'm in a desperate hurry to get the second console.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
You can't update it even if you wanted to.

My card got cancelled due to fraud and now im in limbo. There is no way to update payment source on a preorder.

FYI the card I used was replaced a few weeks ago and it says on the Wal-Mart site that my order has shipped. Not sure what they charged but whatever. 8/25 pre-order.

I did take the advice of the other poster saying to change the card on my account. Maybe that did it.

crpav

WEeeeeeeak

According to brickseek my local Walmart only has 31 in stock. That's wack, no chance for me

How do you know more than that many people will want one? How many walmarts in your town? I live in a smallerish town(in my opinion) and ours is getting 45. Seems crazy for my town.

Top Bottom