• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

I'm lucky that my girlfriend and I were able to grab 2 from our local Gamestop on launch day. She didn't want it so I sold it to my friend for like, $10 more just to pay for tax and us having to wait for it.

I feel really bad that I missed preorders and still got 2 while some here were lucky enough to get preorders and still haven't gotten a hint of when they might get them. I know it probably doesn't mean much to be honest, but I do sincerely hope you guys get your preorders fulfilled soon.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Walmart CS just told me my 8/22 order will ship in the next 48 hours. Hoping they're right.

Oh man this would be great.

That said, that's what they told me two days before release.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess if I hear nothing from Amazon tomorrow, I'll contact them again despite knowing nothing will change/be done. I can't imagine them adding an additional compensation on top of the $25 they've already offered.

Hugstable

Banned
Wasn't 10/11 the day Amazon was saying for the delayed orders? Just checked now and I still haven't gotten an update. I'm just about to call this a loss, I'm really upset with how Amazon has handled this whole thing..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I just got charged by Walmart.

I just got another pending charge.

This was after my first CCs fraud detection denied them payment because I had been giving pending charges so many times. I had to put in a new one.

Erevador

My Amazon order had said it would arrive today. I wake up this morning to his:

Delivery date change for your Amazon.com order
New estimated delivery date:
Monday, October 16, 2017

So mad.

Amazon now tells me it should arrive Thursday, shipping the 11th.

I hope so.

kahi

My local Gamestop should be getting their shipment tomorrow .... Man ... not taking a fucking day off for this thing, hopefully I can swing by on my lunch and get one.

Kintaco

I have to admit that Amazon JP packing is legit. The system was plastic wrapped down, and glued to prevent any movement.

WLuQbbU.jpg

The family is complete

Peagles

I haven’t had any delivery date since they sent that email on August 25. I’m already dead aren’t I?

I ordered really early too, damnit.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I have to admit that Amazon JP packing is legit. The system was plastic wrapped down, and glued to prevent any movement.

The family is complete
Meanwhile my Amazon JP order was returned to Amazon, but there was absolutely nothing possible that they could do about shipping it back to me. 😑😑😑

Kintaco

Meanwhile my Amazon JP order was returned to Amazon, but there was absolutely nothing possible that they could do about shipping it back to me. 😑😑😑
That sucks. I was worried because no one was home on the first delivery attempt, but they just tried again later the same day.

I still waiting for amazon.jp to process my refund....
One of my Amazon.jp orders literally got lost due to "technical warehouse error". My order status still says "Expected by Oct 6" and I haven't been refunded or given a clear answer on what happened yet. This was a pre-order I sold to a GAFer too, so it doubly sucks.

Need to write them a stern email if I don't get an update about it soon.

Amazon dropping the ball east and west of the Pacific.

cordy

Banned
I planned on getting a Classic at Gamestop but after talking to this Amazon rep Estefany, I'll just wait for my order. After being transferred like 4 times I finally spoke to her.

Not only did I get $30 in credit, she was able to put that towards the product and still keep my place in the queue so that, combined with the credit I had previously, is having me get this thing for pretty much free. I'm not even mad anymore, I'll get it when it ship.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I planned on getting a Classic at Gamestop but after talking to this Amazon rep Estefany, I'll just wait for my order. After being transferred like 4 times I finally spoke to her.

Not only did I get $30 in credit, she was able to put that towards the product and still keep my place in the queue so that, combined with the credit I had previously, is having me get this thing for pretty much free. I'm not even mad anymore, I'll get it when it ship.
.....ya know, now that I think about it, I should've just asked them to apply the $25 they were going to offer me once it shipped to the order itself. Maybe I'll try to remember to bring that up if I don't have an update by tomorrow.

cordy

Banned
.....ya know, now that I think about it, I should've just asked them to apply the $25 they were going to offer me once it shipped to the order itself. Maybe I'll try to remember to bring that up if I don't have an update by tomorrow.

Do it because initially she said she didn't think it was possible but then she came back and said it's possible. After checking my account, it worked out.

Yeah I just got an updated pending charge as well.

So done with Walmart.

At this point, probably will wait until it is available on Amazon.fr or something - I like that design more anyways

TheContact

got an explanation from the jeff@amazon.com email

I know we've exchanged a few emails but I wanted to better address your question.
I just left a message on your phone, I'm sorry I missed you and as I promised, I'm writing you back.

When all this happened, we had all our inventory allocated for the SNES Classic and it was available for ordering only due to an error. This should have never happened, so when we accepted your order, we unintentionally took orders for inventory we did not have. We quickly identified the issue and, instead of cancelling those orders, we are dedicated to now to fulfilling all of those orders - including yours.
As you are aware, those time frames are now extended but that's the situation.

Again, I'm so sorry for this inconvenience but I wanted to clarify a bit more so that you had a better picture of the circumstances surrounding it.

I hope this better answers your question and have a great rest of your day.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Kellie
Executive Customer Relations

=============

The family is complete

that's awesome. the famicon definitely has a better design but i'm more nostalgic for the american version since that's the one I had as a kid

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do it because initially she said she didn't think it was possible but then she came back and said it's possible. After checking my account, it worked out.
Gave in & sent another email stating "is there any update? I heard orders would be shipping this week based on what others said with their customer service experience. I get part of the problem is with your supplier, but it's been over 10 days & still no update on my item. Also, would it be possible to apply the $25 to my order instead of getting it after the order ships?"

I should be happy that they haven't cancelled the order, but when Best Buy & Walmart had no issues for the most part, it just makes it more annoying when Amazon of all things has this issue, especially after Nintendo was all "we're gonna make more of them so it's easier to get pre-orders" & such.

cordy

Banned
Gave in & sent another email stating "is there any update? I heard orders would be shipping this week based on what others said with their customer service experience. I get part of the problem is with your supplier, but it's been over 10 days & still no update on my item. Also, would it be possible to apply the $25 to my order instead of getting it after the order ships?"

I should be happy that they haven't cancelled the order, but when Best Buy & Walmart had no issues for the most part, it just makes it more annoying when Amazon of all things has this issue, especially after Nintendo was all "we're gonna make more of them so it's easier to get pre-orders" & such.
Yeah Amazon dropping the ball here is the only bad experience I've had with them but what makes it powerful is the fact that I never have issues ordering products from sites online, this is the first.

I hope they accept your change because honestly they gotta do what they can. I'm still in shock over this whole thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Honestly, the fact they offered $25 was nice enough as it was, especially if they apply it to my order which would make it $55 + tax. My main reason I've been so annoyed is I ordered a 2nd one to get for my best friend as a semi-birthday present who REALLY is looking forward to it & this affects him as well, which makes me feel bad I wasn't able to get him one at launch. If it was just for me, I wouldn't feel so frustrated since I've got so much stuff at the moment.

GOD, if this rumored Game Boy Mini happens next year, I really hope this doesn't happen again. It seems the SNES Mini isn't as bad as what happened with the NES Mini, but I don't want to have to deal with this uncertainty & lateness again.

I have three SNES pre-orders with Amazon.com and I didn't contact them about it at all. I know I'm leaving money on the table looking at all the stories of people getting credit for complaining... But I don't feel that sense of entitlement about it.

I guess since I know they keep track of how many times you complain/return products, and if they deem you're overdoing it they can penalize/lock your account, I like to save my grievances/confrontations with Amazon to the times when it's a bigger deal and more important matters... It's just a late preorder in this case, and I already got the thing from Europe anyway. I'm not too bothered by it as long as they deliver eventually.

Ashhong

Does anybody know ANYBODY that received an Amazon US preorder? Don't follow the thread too much but haven't seen anybody say theirs has even shipped.

I'm tempted to contact them about it but don't want them to cause any extra delay or accidentally cancel it..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have three SNES pre-orders with Amazon.com and I didn't contact them about it at all. I know I'm leaving money on the table looking at all the stories of people getting credit for complaining... But I don't feel that sense of entitlement about it.

I guess since I know they keep track of how many times you complain/return products, and if they deem you're overdoing it they can penalize/lock your account, I like to save my grievances/confrontations with Amazon to the times when it's a bigger deal and more important matters... It's just a late preorder in this case, and I already got the thing from Europe anyway. I'm not too bothered by it as long as they deliver eventually.
Absolutely understandable. I try to only contact them when it's for something I truly feel like is worth contacting them about (last time I recall emailing them to complain was about a game arriving damaged & had a chunk completely gone from the top of its case) & when I do contact them, I try to be understanding of the situation, i.e. I knew the reason why Zero Time Dilemma pre-orders were late because of the watches being damaged & when contacting them, stated I knew the reason & it was more the fault of their supplier, but just wanted to know if they could ship the game separately, then the watch later.

I wasn't even expecting any credit/compensation upon first contacting them, let alone it would be a whopping $25, all I really want is just an update on when it could possibly ship. At the very least, they were able to calm my fears that my pre-order was in this limbo of "will it be fulfilled or cancelled". My first priority is making sure the order happens or just letting them know "hey, please be more careful when mailing me stuff."

spad3

GameStop is reportedly getting a small wave of shipments starting tomorrow throughout the weekend. Check back with them. First-come-first serve basis, no holds, no over-the-phone holds.

I ordered from Walmart on 8/22. It said I would get it on 10/5 on 10/4 I got an email saying its backordered.

Should I be scared gaf?

They also keep checking my card by putting pending charges.

So thinkgeek will have SNES classics on sale on 10/11 (online). Looks like they should have at least the regular edition and not just bundles.

Anyone know when thinkgeek typically adds new items to their website? Is it 12AM Eastern or some ackward time like 4AM? I would like to be able to catch this before all the scalper bots steal all of the stock.

Top Bottom