• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

I wonder if I should head to GS now in case in store preorders are available.

I contacted someone I know who works there, said nothing in the system yet and they haven't been told anything. He'll let me know if that changes and I'll be glad to update if I hear anything but very possible they'll only do them online.

a quote worthy of being in this ad

7ZvaFEM.jpg

Oh man. Good - Buy, Amagon, We R Out. I'm dead.

SeanPyle

Neo Member
What's the best way to jump on this? Wario64 notifications? Today is a great day for this to happen considering I have nothing going on, but I feel like even if I get on the the website at the very moment preorders start I still only have a 5% chance of getting one.

Afrocious

What's the best way to jump on this? Wario64 notifications? Today is a great day for this to happen considering I have nothing going on, but I feel like even if I get on the the website at the very moment preorders start I still only have a 5% chance of getting one.

After what Amazon did, yeah.

mjc

Wario is your best shot online, otherwise keep an ear to the ground if GS does in store stuff.

Wario64 notifications seems to be the best way to go. Of course it only is effective if you have your phone around when it starts popping off (and not charging in silent next to your bed like last night).

Other websites that track stock such as nowinstock apparently missed the Amazon pre-order last night because Amazon decided to make a new listing in a different URL that was originally being tracked. Wario64 still found it though so stick with his tweets and you should be good.

It's still a crap shoot regardless. Good luck!

When did best buy go up? I just checked and it still says "coming soon". Ugh I'll never be able to get one at this rate.

Frayed- would love if you could keep me in mind!!! :)

jediyoshi

br3wnor

I was up at 5 am for work and managed to get an order in. I ordered 2 (one for myself and one for a gift). I hope they don't cancel it.

I still have an Amazon UK pre-order that I will likely cancel soon.

I’d hold off on that if I were you, some people cancelled their UK preorders after the Wal Mart ‘preorder’ happened and then of course the Wal Mart orders got cancelled and they were left w/ nothing.

The UK preorder might not even ship to the US anyway so I’d keep it as a backup backup until you know for sure your US order is coming.

Came so close to getting a pre-order last night. It kills me that staying up with an infant wasn't enough to jack up my sleep schedule and get me a slot.

KaYotiX

Banned
This will end up like the NES classic for me.....

Trying hard as hell to get one for a month, then saying fuck off Nintendo after I can't find it.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
I've hardly touched twitter in the past. Is there any way to filter notifications while following someone like Wario64, or am I stuck getting a notification every time he tweets? Can't seem to find anything in the settings.

mjc

I've hardly touched twitter in the past. Is there any way to filter notifications while following someone like Wario64, or am I stuck getting a notification every time he tweets? Can't seem to find anything in the settings.

You're stuck getting notifications every time he tweets.

Bakercat

I don't get it, the Nintendo amazon page hasn't changed and amazon preordered through a new page? Does that mean we'll see more preorders on the official snes classic amazon page later?

Multiple people, myself included, didn't get notifications from them for Best Buy and Amazon this morning. Wario is apparently more reliable than a computer.

That's because Nowinstock had a different listing to alert you on, Amazon put up a brand new listing this morning for these pre-orders.

Top Bottom