• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

NolbertoS

I just woke up GAF. So did amazon release this at an ungodly hour too?? I got one from BB but if Amazon sold out, than its OK. What time did amazon sell out?

Marcel

I was "lucky" enough to pre-order when Walmart accidentally put it up so it makes total sense that I'm probably going to miss being able to actually get it now. The usual Nintendo product rigamarole is tiring.

DaBuddaDa

I just woke up GAF. So did amazon release this at an ungodly hour too?? I got one from BB but if Amazon sold out, than its OK. What time did amazon sell out?

It was gone by 6:10 AM EST at least, if not earlier. That's when I first learned about it and it was already sold out.

br3wnor

You're stuck getting notifications every time he tweets.

Been reading 20+ tweets a day from him for 2 months only to have it go up in the middle of the night, lol.

I will say he’s worth keeping notifications on after the SNES madness goes away, was able to catch the $6 Crash Bandicoot Amazon glitch, the Free Amazon Dot (even though they were cancelled) plus a few other little things, he covers pretty much anything tech related so it’s pretty valuable once you get used to all the useless notifications.

SpecX

It was random that I woke up at midnight last night for no reason. Now I k ow this is why, my body sensed this coming and I didn't listen 😢. I need this in my life and might end up going into a gamestop to preorder.

Haven't accomplished anything at work today. Just refreshing websites.

I have my nowinstock browser alert page open, have it set to browser alerts and also an alarm sound when any of them go up.

https://www.nowinstock.net/users/browserAlerts.php

Have the old and new amazon listings setup just in case amazon does a head fake with the pages again.

Luckily I have no meetings today. I hope the rest go up today. *crosses fingers*

Izayoi

Banned
it's a never ending cycle

just kill me

Currently have 68 extra consoles, I will be helping people who missed out on a FCFS basis, and yes I will be helping them for retail, not scalper price.
PLEASE SAVE ME

I can pay immediately via PayPal or whatever

TwIsTeD

Seems Amazon is correcting multiple orders so while his intentions of sharing may be valid it's highly likely he won't have that kind of inventory in a few hours

LiK

Amazon is def gonna cancel people who bought in bulk. I don't see them letting people buying a shit ton at once.

Currently have 68 extra consoles, I will be helping people who missed out on a FCFS basis, and yes I will be helping them for retail, not scalper price.
Just making sure but you're US right? If so I'll gladly purchase one from you.

Amazon is not letting that user keep 68 SNES classics, if they do I wouldn't be concerned about stock for this thing.
Ugh didn't realize they ordered them all from Amazon.

My dream is lost. Gamestop and Target are the only options I have left:(

Izayoi

Banned
I was "lucky" enough to pre-order when Walmart accidentally put it up so it makes total sense that I'm probably going to miss being able to actually get it now. The usual Nintendo product rigamarole is tiring.
Yeah, they need to fire all of their supply chain managers and start over. You would think, after all of this time, that they would've sorted their shit out by now.

Tubtub

Neo Member
Amazon cancelled my amiibo order. I ordered one and my wife ordered one. Different accounts, different credit cards, only shipping address was the same. They cancelled it saying 1 per person,account,address, etc. There is no way he gets all those orders to stay

I don't know if I'm too late but would love to be in on this and I have paypal ready to go for payment!! Thanks in advance if it's possible for me :)

Afrocious

Amazon is not letting that user keep 68 SNES classics, if they do I wouldn't be concerned about stock for this thing.

This. Hope everyone gets a console, but if this slides then Nintendo has fixed their stock issues or Amazon is just that cool - and Amazon is cutting down on bulk orders.

DaBuddaDa

Alright guys, I'm about to stop F5ing and go use the bathroom for a few minutes. You know that means pre-orders will go up now. Get ready!

one4myhomies

Neo Member
"GameStop told employees this morning to expect a "special announcement" later today -- presumably SNES Classic pre-orders. Keep an eye out!"

mjc

Been reading 20+ tweets a day from him for 2 months only to have it go up in the middle of the night, lol.

I will say he’s worth keeping notifications on after the SNES madness goes away, was able to catch the $6 Crash Bandicoot Amazon glitch, the Free Amazon Dot (even though they were cancelled) plus a few other little things, he covers pretty much anything tech related so it’s pretty valuable once you get used to all the useless notifications.

You and me both, my man. Joys of being dead tired and missing notifications because of a 6 month old baby haha. At least I got in on the Prime Day pricing errors thanks to him!

Afrocious

"GameStop told employees this morning to expect a "special announcement" later today -- presumably SNES Classic pre-orders. Keep an eye out!"

Just got this message too. We'll see. I accepted the text from GS last week saying I am sure I want their alerts for the snes classic.

GameStop will have a small number of classic only listings
Expect bundles

Especially since they own thinkgeek and thinkgeek has a shit load of Nintendo stuff

Sulik2

The demand for these is absolutely insane. 20 minutes to sell out at 3AM? Good luck everyone on getting preorders, these are going to be $300 bucks all fall.

mindatlarge

Amazon cancelled my amiibo order. I ordered one and my wife ordered one. Different accounts, different credit cards, only shipping address was the same. They cancelled it saying 1 per person,account,address, etc. There is no way he gets all those orders to stay
Agreed, I would be very careful proceeding with exchanging money for an unsecured transaction from a random person on a message board. I know we all want one, but gotta use sound judgement.

Juraash

Well this is going to likely ruin my productivity at work today. This shit is beyond stupid. But hey, at least pre-orders exist this time.

Bakercat

I'm going to be optimistic and believe that the official amazon page will have preorders later.

save me amazon, you're my only hope...

Top Bottom