• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

tumblr_na63ti88rx1sl65pgo1_500.jpg

did a double take
He died for our sins but that's no excuse for writing all over a cart

We also totally had Bible Adventures, Joshua, Exodus and Spiritual Warfare, so

I mean, yeah, they're all NES up-ports, and completely garbage games to boot, but still

Het_Nkik

Is he a kappa or just some made up thing? Also i'm not sure why i'm fighting cavemen lol.

I need to start recording some of these imports that I think people have missed out on... The Great Battle series is another.
Made up thing. Xandra is the species. Kurino Xandra is the dude I know from NxC and the dude in your game.

eXistor

I got a bunch of bootlegs today. Is it even worth a damn?

myn2OBs.jpg

Also the rest of the stuff I got today:

LCuOMe4.jpg

Most of these are doubles for me, but I'll be selling/ trading them soon probably.

Got a shot of the PCBs?

That's it for now, unfortunately. I've asked for more shots, so hopefully I'll have more to post momentarily.

In the meantime, do the labels look authentic? I have an incredibly bad eye for mislabeled and fake SNES carts, which has burnt me pretty badly in the past.

I mean, going to the trouble to counterfeit games that are worth maybe $15 seems unlikely to me, so Gradius and GnG are assuredly real. The others are worth a bit more, but really still not valuable enough to command that sort of attention. It's mostly the Haganes and Wild Guns of the system that seem to be the prime targets

I'm sure they're real. No way to tell with those shit photos, but yeah, I wouldn't worry about them being fakes.

I mean, going to the trouble to counterfeit games that are worth maybe $15 seems unlikely to me, so Gradius and GnG are assuredly real. The others are worth a bit more, but really still not valuable enough to command that sort of attention. It's mostly the Haganes and Wild Guns of the system that seem to be the prime targets

Yeah, the pictures didn't help all that much. But I thought to ask nonetheless. To be honest, it's more validation for me than anything else. I appreciate your thoughts.

Looking forward to Castlevania IV though. First time playing through.

Huh. Mine's not like that. It's a big board similar to the Mega Man X2 one, with different chips of course.

The first run has the big boards. The second North American variant and the second PAL variant are like this. Apparently all the Japanese Starfoxes are as well.

ys45

I Think it's time I start to play those RPGs I missed from Square .
Where would be a good place to buy Repro cart for SNES ?

Odd question but when did Taloon's (Torneko) Quest for SFC become a $50 game. I hate that I didn't pick this up CIB for $10 a while ago.

Het_Nkik

does anyone know who designed the cover for Karuraou? And where can I find more of his/her art?

boxkarura2.jpg

I skipped to the end of a YouTube playthrough and it was the first name to come up in the credits.

Shuho Itahashi.

Looking at Google, seems he's pretty well known.

Dark blue buttons look kinda rad. Would love to see if they suit the NES controller.

Am I crazy or are SNES controller buttons lavender (X/Y) and purple (A/B)?

HELP!

I had picked up LttP about a month ago. Just got around to playing it and it would not start. So I did the classic Qtip/windex cleaning. Was sooo dirty, took 3 tips to clean. After it still would not work.

It appears it cannot be taken apart either, screws look molded over or something. Is this just a bricked copy now?

Edit- Just looked under light, still very dirty. As well one of the contact pins is missing, is it ruined?

Top Bottom