• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Also I love this game so much, this screen doesn't do it justice but when those flames arise in the background of the Earth stage I'm blown away every time. Some of the coolest pixel graphics and effects I've ever seen.

I totally agree. Treasure really were masters of hardware exploitation. GSH is easily one of the best looking GBA games out there. The effects are dazzling.

Peagles

Just got a few games in the mail today from Japan. For $70 NZD including shipping I got Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, Super Donkey Kong, and Super Donkey Kong 3 (all complete in box). Pretty happy with that haul, now just have to keep my eyes peeled for Super Donkey Kong 2. Is it just me or does that one seem a lot more scarce than 1 and 3?

Mzo

I wish it worked both ways and that could be the new price now. I want to point at it like people point at shitty high BINs and declare this the new price for completely arbitrary reasons.

And of course that is a re-seller (no doubt) that snatched them up

Of course! You have to protect your investment! I'mma retire off these carts.

ElTopo

Banned
I finally decided to check out Dino City (or Dinosity, I had to make a Jontron reference) and it's pretty good. A solid 7 or 8 out of 10. Why is this one so obscure?

Olly88

Pretty happy with that haul, now just have to keep my eyes peeled for Super Donkey Kong 2. Is it just me or does that one seem a lot more scarce than 1 and 3?

Yeah I've been looking at them recently and 1&3 come up quite a bit more than 2. I managed to get a good copy from a seller in Spain this morning though.

My RGB cable for my Super Famicom arrived today, it looks great :) (The picture it provides looks great, not the cable, obviously).

Peagles

Yeah I've been looking at them recently and 1&3 come up quite a bit more than 2. I managed to get a good copy from a seller in Spain this morning though.

My RGB cable for my Super Famicom arrived today, it looks great :) (The picture it provides looks great, not the cable, obviously).

Ah yeh I saw that one, kinda pricey though (double what I paid for 1 & 3) and missing the control insert.

Olly88

Ah yeh I saw that one, kinda pricey though (double what I paid for 1 & 3) and missing the control insert.

Yeah I saw another copy with that insert for a little bit more, but I can't start being picky about stiff like that :p

Haven't seen any copies of the third for as cheap as yours yet :(

Peagles

Yeah I saw another copy with that insert for a little bit more, but I can't start being picky about stiff like that :p

Haven't seen any copies of the third for as cheap as yours yet :(

I'm too OCD lol.

Yeh I got it for 10% off in addition to it being a good deal to begin with. I'll keep an eye out for you and PM if I find anything good.

PaulBizkit

Last week i found a guy on facebook that has a toy story in a town away from my city. This guy has a deposit full of old games; snes, megadrive, 32x, 3do, everything.

I drove for like 2 hours on tuesday to get there and the loot was worth it. And at a right price.

20150318_223208.jpg

20150318_223359.jpg

And already reserved Zelda LTTP and ShadowRun. I Couldn't believe my eyes when i entered this guy's house. Old games everywhere. I promise pictures the next time.

Hooray, got in my lot of "nonfunctioning" copies of Earth Defense Force, Tiny Toons, and Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, all with manuals, and in pretty good shape. Cost $8.25.

About 4 minutes worth of pin scrubbing and all three worked in one try. TT and KGF are duplicates so I should be able to come out of this for a dollar or less.

It's the small victories :)

Leonsito

I have the possibility of buying a SNES Mini or a Super Famicom, both modded with Super CIC and able to use PAL/USA/JAP games, with RGB cable and original controller, which one should I go after? I heard that the Mini has better RGB quality, but I want to know GAF opinion.

Bar81

I have the possibility of buying a SNES Mini or a Super Famicom, both modded with Super CIC and able to use PAL/USA/JAP games, with RGB cable and original controller, which one should I go after? I heard that the Mini has better RGB quality, but I want to know GAF opinion.

Don't play PAL games. Super CIC mod is a waste of money.

D.Lo

Don't play PAL games. Super CIC mod is a waste of money.
Haha brutal, but true. Stuff like that is more academic, for tinkerers trying to make 'the ultimate machine', it's far easier and cheaper to simply have two console ultimately.

I'm from Spain :_( I've have never played an NTSC game, or a SNES game at 60hz and fullscreen, that's why it looked interesting.
Just grab a cheap Super Fami and a game or two to start with then. You'll get in the 60Hz game for under $50 delivered.

Alternatively, if you have a bunch of PAL games already, get a simple 60Hz modded PAL SNES. It's a very simple mod almost anyone could do, and you could run most of your current library at 60Hz.

Olly88

Well apparently it did come with the insert after all

When it arrived yesterday I took the tray, cart and manual out of the box and that's all there was, but I just picked the box up and that slid out the bottom. I guess it was wedged on the inside somewhere or something. I'm a tad confused by it lol.

Peagles

Well apparently it did come with the insert after all

When it arrived yesterday I took the tray, cart and manual out of the box and that's all there was, but I just picked the box up and that slid out the bottom. I guess it was wedged on the inside somewhere or something. I'm a tad confused by it lol.

Haha, what luck! How bizarre!

My SFC Hagane was ¥450 JPY. I didn't know it jumped in value as well.
Makes sense I guess when your only alternative is $300+

If any of you are curious, the cats behind Hagane made an interesting mech shooter on Saturn a few years afterward called Bulk Slash.

Ban Puncher

My SFC Hagane was ¥450 JPY. I didn't know it jumped in value as well.
Makes sense I guess when your only alternative is $300+

If any of you are curious, the cats behind Hagane made an interesting mech shooter on Saturn a few years afterward called Bulk Slash.

Yeah, Hagane SFC commands silly prices on ScumBay now.

NTSC/U and PAL can be found for like four digit dumbness.

Top Bottom