• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

Gozert

i'd like to know too!

since i'm a new mini owner...

I've seen Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss (what Dracula X is called in Europe) seen for a few tenners less than it was going for last summer. Terranigma's also a bit less than I remember. Not anything major (let alone signs of any bursting bubbles), but it's nice to see not every game is increasing in price.

However, the Marios, Donkey Kongs, Street Fighters, etc. still just keep rising because everybody wants those. I recommend just getting the common yet popular games you want as soon as possible, as those are more likely to see price increases on the short term and I'm not expecting them coming down at all on the long term.

Also keep in mind, I'm mostly talking about PAL games and specifically the market in the Netherlands. I've noticed prices can vary enormously between regions with especially Australia having insane prices, even compared to our standards.

Gozert

Thanks RexRogers! i went ahead and paid for it =)

I can't find anything suspicious either. The label looks legit and the price doesn't raise any eyesbrows here (altough it still seems like a good deal).

I picked up a copy myself only last week and enjoying every second of it!

Hargon

Hi guys, is there someone trying to get Final Fantasy II working through an adapter converter in snes eur/jp ? mine did't working ( i have the fire converter ). i want to know if the problem in the game himself or in the converter.

I can't find anything suspicious either. The label looks legit and the price doesn't raise any eyesbrows here (altough it still seems like a good deal).

I picked up a copy myself only last week and enjoying every second of it!

oh nice! yeah i got it for 36usd shipped so it's minimal risk plus the ebay protection. i'll open it up when i get it and confirm if it's legit =)

Gozert

Hi guys, is there someone trying to get Final Fantasy II working through an adapter converter in snes eur/jp ? mine did't working ( i have the fire converter ). i want to know if the problem in the game himself or in the converter.

Do you have any other games you can test with? Final Fantasy II was an early SNES title without any special chips, so it shouldn't give any problems on any converter. Have you also tried cleaning both the cartridge and the converter?

oh nice! yeah i got it for 36usd shipped so it's minimal risk plus the ebay protection. i'll open it up when i get it and confirm if it's legit =)

That's actually an insanely good deal! That would raise an eyebrow normally, but the Buy It Now price of $70 isn't weird at all. Keep us posted! :)

dubc35

$36 is a really good deal! I was questioning the $70 but decided not to say anything. I paid $45 for a cart off ebay in December so a nice deal indeed!

Hargon

Do you have any other games you can test with? Final Fantasy II was an early SNES title without any special chips, so it shouldn't give any problems on any converter. Have you also tried cleaning both the cartridge and the converter?

yeah, all my US games working fine, even that comes from squaresoft like secret of mana, also the cartridge in really good condition from outside.

My mom who is constantly looking out for retro games for me at goodwills and flea markets just recently picked me up a lot of SNES tapes of mostly common but stuff i have never played and don't own. One of them had no label, so i just assumed it was a sports title or something. I put it in and it was Castlevania 4. Good snag for a couple bucks.

RexRogers

Neo Member
My mom who is constantly looking out for retro games for me at goodwills and flea markets just recently picked me up a lot of SNES tapes of mostly common but stuff i have never played and don't own. One of them had no label, so i just assumed it was a sports title or something. I put it in and it was Castlevania 4. Good snag for a couple bucks.

Sounds like a good candidate for one of these.

posted theses pics in retroGAF already but here's the FF III i won on ebay:

oAcM9jO.jpg

fqYBvmQ.jpg

vnk9qbQ.jpg

i0sDJ0c.jpg

Olly88

How many people gonna bookmark this dudes page now?
Hmm, hadn't thought of that!

Jesus motherfuck. Don't people have the slightly curiosity as to what things are worth before listing them? Guess I need to set up more searches with alerts for individual games. I have a few for NES games but they rarely turn up great listings.
I have a few alerts including one for Demon's Crest, but this one didn't show up for me :( I'm assuming it sold too quickly to be included with the daily email.

Edit: Yep, it sold in eight minutes.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that!

I have a few alerts including one for Demon's Crest, but this one didn't show up for me :( I'm assuming it sold too quickly to be included with the daily email.

Edit: Yep, it sold in eight minutes.

You can do push alerts to your phone with the eBay mobile app. I have that set up for a couple of NES games, but not for all of my followed searches - otherwise I'd be getting notifications all day long.

Olly88

You can do push alerts to your phone with the eBay mobile app. I have that set up for a couple of NES games, but not for all of my followed searches - otherwise I'd be getting notifications all day long.

I'd heard something about alerts with the app but assumed it was the same as the emails. I'll have to set a couple of those up some time. Thnks for the info!

Where's the best place to sell a link to the past cart? GAF forums?

Same for ocarina of time.

I might be interested in your LttP cart. I would like to buy it for my nephew's b-day. It's not until July but if you have a nice one for a good price, let me know.

And yeah, GAF B/S/T is a great place to sell. There's been a bit of drama in the thread lately but just ignore that shit and list your stuff.

IrishNinja

SNES! most of these are my originals, sold the manuals during rough times long ago...admittedly, i mostly use my super everdrive now, but still love these guys!

oh yeah: a few repros there, like Mana 2, FF V, SMT 1 & 2 (couldnt find a cover for 2, haha) and Terranigma, most should be legit!

SNES! most of these are my originals, sold the manuals during rough times long ago...admittedly, i mostly use my super everdrive now, but still love these guys!

oh yeah: a few repros there, like Mana 2, FF V, SMT 1 & 2 (couldnt find a cover for 2, haha) and Terranigma, most should be legit!

oh megaman X

and the Power Glove.... it's bad!!!!!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I've had my SFC hooked up in Canada for years now with a Japanese AC adapter. Pretty sure they include tolerances for 120v anyway.

Don't use it in Europe, though.

Cheerilee

AFAIK, the Japanese power supply won't blow up an SNES, because it outputs the exact same power as an American one, but the Japanese power supply has a tendency to overheat more easily than an American one, because American electricity is dialed up a little higher than it is in Japan.

Solution: Plug your SNES (Genesis, NES, PSX, N64, whatever) into a switchable surge protector, and switch it off when you're not using it. Leaving your transformers plugged in all the time wastes power, and it's not as if the SNES has an internal clock that needs to be maintained.

Alrighty, thank you folks. If it doesn't work out I can pick up a genesis model 1 adapter or whichever. Not a big deal. Just hoping to save a few bucks.

Futaba

Just a heads up, NP carts (SF Cassette) can be written to now, without the original kiosks needed, so I fully expect a pile of Wizardry 1+2+3 NP carts to hit auction sites pretty soon for crazy prices (since they're rare).

Reality is, they're likely just super-common Derby Stallion 98 overwritten.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Ugh, just spotted an ad in my area for an estate sale with a giant SNES lot. I know it's gonna be fierce competition. If sale starts at 9am I should plan on being there at least at 6am right?

Ugh, just spotted an ad in my area for an estate sale with a giant SNES lot. I know it's gonna be fierce competition. If sale starts at 9am I should plan on being there at least at 6am right?

By that time you're to late. Someone will have gotten in the night before and gobbled it all up. Your best bet? Breaking and entering.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
The first two sentences are absolutely correct. I can't tell you how many times I tried to play by the rules and got snaked. No honor among snes collectors.

Well, the good news is I got in touch with the seller and they assured me they won't sell to anyone early (as I tried to do, natch). So, the stuff will be there, but it depends on if I'm early enough.

Top Bottom