• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Game Collecting (Tips, discussion, and info for like minded collectors)

I paid like 150 US dollars for Vortex when it came out. Still worth it just for the SuperFX

(not really worth it, the game is confusing as hell)

This thread caused some decent damage for me on eBay. In the last 4 days:

Sonic Blast Man 1
Doom troopers
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: the movie
Sunset Riders
Demon's Crest
Mega Man X (think I can finally get into this)
Star Fox SNES version
Mario Paint with Mouse (can finally play mario and wario)
Final Fantasy III

All for $210. I am settled until I get to tokyo in 2 weeks.

Rezae

My one week haul thanks to this thread:

SNES (UC2 serial)
SNES (UC3 - one chip)
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
F-Zero (x2 - have one sealed CIB)
Super Castlevania IV
Lufia
Illusion of Gaia

Under $200 total. Everything is in excellent condition, no yellow systems. Paid $30 for the first SNES at a flea market and grabbed the second for $40 at a Game Xchange when I noticed it was the one-chip model. SCIV I snagged for $25 shipped from eBay. Came close to biting on a $35 copy of Breath of Fire II yesterday, but at some point I need to stop.

ys45

Yay, i got Earth Defence Force CIB (Super Nintendo version) for 15$ on eBay

By the way anyone got some reccomendations for good platformer either SFC or Super Nintendo ?

Yay, i got Earth Defence Force CIB (Super Nintendo version) for 15$ on eBay

By the way anyone got some reccomendations for good platformer either SFC or Super Nintendo ?

Sparkster if you want something fast and inventive. Super Adventure Island if you want something that's a little more traditional.

Went flea market hunting this weekend and found some pretty good deals:

Dragon Quest V
Pilotwings
DKC2
Super Mario Kart
Star Fox
Romancing Saga
+ some other titles
$3 for all

Ogre Battle
Mario RPG
$2 for all

US SNES + 2 controllers
Mario World (US)
Mega Man X2 (US)
Mega Man X3 (US)
$140 for all

I also picked up some of the writable SFC games, one of which contained Fire Emblem! Will post pictures of the haul tonight or tomorrow.
Nutty. Makes me want to hit my local shops, like, now. I'd never be so fortunate, though...

Bought Mega Man X3 and one of the Castlevania IVs posted here off eBay yesterday. I still need a bunch of expensive games to finish off my collection, but I'm glad I got X3 out of the way.

inner-G

Banned
I'm sitting in the parking lot of a retro shop I road tripped an hour to, waiting for it to open - a proper way to celebrate Presidents Day I believe.

Wish me luck! Lol

GulAtiCa

^^^If you have the money to spare and willing, you could easily buy a few games for us, even add on a few extra dollars for some profit for you.

You think there would be some retro game shops in Atlanta. Oh well, one day. lol

Quackula

I'm sitting in the parking lot of a retro shop I road tripped an hour to, waiting for it to open - a proper way to celebrate Presidents Day I believe.

Wish me luck! Lol

Reminds me of this time I went to a retro shop planning to pick up a few NES/SNES games.

...I ended up walking out with a bunch of Sega games instead. Oops.

^^^If you have the money to spare and willing, you could easily buy a few games for us, even add on a few extra dollars for some profit for you.

You think there would be some retro game shops in Atlanta. Oh well, one day. lol

Shamelessly copied from Nintendo Age...I don't know the suburbs of A-Town but here are some stores in Georgia at least...

GA Gamers (Carrollton)
Game Over (Kingsland)
Gamers (Villa Rica)
Gamez Zone (St Marys)
Play N' Trade (Woodstock, Canton, Columbus, Tucker, Greenbriar Mall-Atlanta)
Plug 'N Play (Dublin)
Power Up Games (Albany)

GulAtiCa

Shamelessly copied from Nintendo Age...I don't know the suburbs of A-Town but here are some stores in Georgia at least...

GA Gamers (Carrollton)
Game Over (Kingsland)
Gamers (Villa Rica)
Gamez Zone (St Marys)
Play N' Trade (Woodstock, Canton, Columbus, Tucker, Greenbriar Mall-Atlanta)
Plug 'N Play (Dublin)
Power Up Games (Albany)

Yeah I saw a bunch of those. closest one I saw from me (Roswell of GA) was like a 2+ hour drive... If it was a 1 hour drive, I maybe wouldn't mind so much. Maybe one of these weekends I'll take the risk and drive to one of those flea markets.

inner-G

Banned
Sorry yall I didn't read your posts till after I was back out.

Anyways, found a few things!:
aoXG6dDl.jpg

Fuck em for putting the stickers on the labels though. Any tips for removing them? I'm thinking a paper towel with a little turpentine or too gone maybe?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I wouldn't worry about stickers on the glossy front label. Unless its some particularly evil adhesive, it will come off with patience.

Stickers on the back "precautions" label? Something might come off if you're not very careful. But at the worst case, you could swap the back half of the cart with another...... (if you care about such things ;)

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Dang these prices are crazy.

I have a decent amount of snes games

ALL DKCs
Super Mario RPG
Super Punch Out
Turtles in Time
Super Metroid
Secret of Mana
Harvest Moon
Zeldas
Marios
Mega Mans (except X3)
F Zero Sealed
Like 15-30 other ones for sure.

I never throw away any of the boxes or manuals of course.

I remember it was a long running joke because a sealed copy of Earthbound sat at our local Hills Department stores for at least 2-3 years. Now I am the joke for not buying it.

inner-G - heating up stickers with a hair dryer can be effective as well. It heats up the glue making it softer so you can peel it off more easily.

inner-G

Banned
Went by the pawn shop when I got back to town, the SNES section was all commons and sports.

Then I saw a paper sign way up on the wall that said: All original Xbox and PS2 games $1

Sooo I bought all these for $15 total:
ddIwAqRl.jpg

Is been an epic pickup day!!

Also the label peeled off easily from Super Mario RPG!

HylianTom

Banned
Disaster strikes!

My sealed copy of A Link to the Past was to arrive today, and the package was there when I picked it up.. but when I opened the package, it was a copy of {*drumroll*}: Uncharted 3!

First time I've ever owned a PlayStation or Xbox game. There goes that odd little record, right out the window.

Waiting for the seller to respond. I hope this doesn't turn into a big headache. :/

Linkhero1

I bought myself a new bookcase from Ikea for my SNES games. I apologize for the blurry pics.

Te2actT.jpg

lwUGVaf.jpg

hn5wEvO.jpg

I'm also getting Contra III in the mail. Bought it off a guy for $30.

Top Bottom