• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sniper Elite 3 |OT| "In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Played and 100%d the tutorial level. Feels like a pretty solid improvement over V2 already. The stealth feels way more manageable and the save anywhere is wonderful. I'm looking forward to playing further after I wrap up Transformers and a couple other games I have on my plate.

glaurung

I'm looking forward to playing further after I wrap up Transformers...
giphy.gif

malcher

Bad news for Xbox One owners: the day one patch is not 10GB... it's 16GB!!! It's ridiculous. Now I will wait 8-10 hours to play after buying the physical version - it smells like the whole game is actually being downloaded, the thing on the disc is probably so shitty that's unplayable.

glaurung

Bad news for Xbox One owners: the day one patch is not 10GB... it's 16GB!!! It's ridiculous. Now I will wait 8-10 hours to play after buying the physical version - it smells like the whole game is actually being downloaded, the thing on the disc is probably so shitty that's unplayable.
Amazing.

Has to be a patch for the 0-day patch.

How big are the updates on PS4 and PS3? PC?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

The PC version is 17.8 gb in full after unpacking everything lol.

The game seemed to let me play while it was downloading the patch. Really enjoying it although I've encountered a strange bug on the third stage. All the guards are on high alert and no wherever I am on the map regardless of me hiding or not

Played the first two levels a few times over, really love the variety of options available to you, in terms of route, tactics and method - I haven't quite managed to stealth an entire level yet, but nevertheless it seems a bit easy on default difficulty. This is the sort of game I can see myself replaying over and over, though, so I definitely won't object to multiple playthroughs. The AI is pretty dumb and I've found some glitchiness with terrain detection, but for the most part I'm really enjoying what I've played so far.

malcher

The game seemed to let me play while it was downloading the patch. Really enjoying it although I've encountered a strange bug on the third stage. All the guards are on high alert and no wherever I am on the map regardless of me hiding or not

How did you manage to start it? It does not start for me while patching (I installed the game first from the disc in offline mode, then started patching).

driver116

Yeesh, it reminds me of the PS3 days, however I don't remember an update of that size for any PS3 game.

I guess they optimised for the Kinect reservation removal.

Dazzyman

We're does hunt the grey wolf show up in game on PS4? Just want to check before I ring Sony as the dlc had an error on it last night so dunno if it did download or not.

How did you manage to start it? It does not start for me while patching (I installed the game first from the disc in offline mode, then started patching).

Popped the disc in and began installation until it said it said ready to play. Launched the game, the patch notification came up and I left it until it said ready to play again, which was ten minutes later. I know for sure it couldn't have downloaded the patch in that time

KGoogle

Anyone having issues with the ps4 version can't get into games always kicks me out and seprates me and my mate in the party

G_Berry

Banned
Fuck. 1am drunk watching ww2 docos.

My credit card is not safe.

Tell me this game is not worth it. Im dying for a new ww2 game but please tell me this is shit!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Amazing.

Has to be a patch for the 0-day patch.

How big are the updates on PS4 and PS3? PC?

450MB on PS4.

Game is a lot of fun, pretty much a progression from V2 so if you liked that you know what you're getting into.

3D is actually quite nice. It is subtle, but it gives a nice separation when you're looking through the scope. Also I didn't particularly notice any drop in detail (although it does drop to 720p as you'd expect)

Fuck. 1am drunk watching ww2 docos.

My credit card is not safe.

Tell me this game is not worth it. Im dying for a new ww2 game but please tell me this is shit!

SniperV2 was an awesome WW2 game that in the veins of Enemy at the Gates, I am expecting this to surpass it since they devs have polished the game mechanics even more.

glaurung

This on the PS4 web browser?
Sure, why not? To be honest, I've never tried logging into the store on the PS4 web browser. I guess it'd bump you into the real store app then.

I think the game DLC should also show up under the bottom tile option (of the game itself) in the Dynamic Menu.

Edit: luckily my local shops don't have the PS4 version on the shelf - meaning I won't be splurging today. Maybe next payday from Amazon.

Dazzyman

Just doing the first mission, did part without 3d then went back and redid with 3d. 3d fans your going to be very happy it's amazing in 3d :)

Glad I bought it on ps4 over xb1 for it.

Please add me Dazzy_man :)

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
Is the pacing\strategy in this game like the old school original Ghost Recons before it turned into an arcade shooter?

SJRB

Gold Member
Downloading right now for PS4.

Still not fully used to downloading games for my console, I was already planning a trip downtown tomorrow to pick this up somewhere when I realised I could just download this bad boy right now.

Should've done it this morning before I left for work, though.. 18.5 gigs.

The matchmaking is a mess. I get thrown into rooms with only one player all the time. There are many people playing/waiting alone in a room. 16 GB Patch, yo fuck this.

edit: WTF is this game. I was the only player in a "Deathmatch" room but suddenly the match started...what the hell? Now I'm alone on this map. God dammit

Dazzyman

I guess you could say its like old PC ghost reacon. So far had to be sneaky and take my shots carefully or when noise is used (icon shows up its noisey so u can shoot to mask the sound).

I loved 2 and do far it's more greatness. I did have one dumb AI just stand there when I shot his mate but the next nest when I tried it the guy left standing came after me.

I cannot reccomendation enough for those with 3d TVs, it just adds so much depth to the screen, it's making rut alive and the kill cams are gorgeous. There is a bit of cross talk following the bullet but that's all.

All I can say is 2 was my sleeper hit of the year and 3 is the same, forget the meh reviews they just don't get it tbh, it might be a bit clunky in places but it's a damn fine game and should be scored as such. Besides shouldn't we go on GAF members than reviews?

Frillen

Just beat the game, and yeah, it's much improved compared to V2. Next up is the challenges and then playing through the campaign in coop.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
I guess you could say its like old PC ghost reacon. So far had to be sneaky and take my shots carefully or when noise is used (icon shows up its noisey so u can shoot to mask the sound).

I loved 2 and do far it's more greatness. I did have one dumb AI just stand there when I shot his mate but the next nest when I tried it the guy left standing came after me.

I cannot reccomendation enough for those with 3d TVs, it just adds so much depth to the screen, it's making rut alive and the kill cams are gorgeous. There is a bit of cross talk following the bullet but that's all.

All I can say is 2 was my sleeper hit of the year and 3 is the same, forget the meh reviews they just don't get it tbh, it might be a bit clunky in places but it's a damn fine game and should be scored as such. Besides shouldn't we go on GAF members than reviews?

Awesome thank you, gonna pick up V2 tonight on PS3 and then play 3 when I get my PS4

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hunt The Grey Wolf DLC refuses to work on PS4, grrr. It's downloaded but doesn't show up in-game and there's no option to re-download just the DLC.

Anyone have a solution?

abracadaver

Played the first 2 levels. This looks a lot better than V2 and runs really smooth on my 7850 with high details.

I'm not sure if I play with direct x or mantle though. I didnt see an option to choose or is mantle support not in yet ?

SJRB

Gold Member
Played the tutorial mission. Cool game. A bit clunky but charming. Stalking around looking for Germans to stab in the back of the skull is cool.

Sniping is awesome, but I'm having kind of trouble seeing the red diamond. I have a 46 inch tv and I'm sitting maybe 2.5 meters away from it, never had any issue with reading a HUD before. Perhaps the red diamond is a color tone too dark? Not sure. The target in the first mission's sniper nest was almost impossible to see. Perhaps it's just my weak scope or something.

I still get the message the game is installing when I try to connect, anyone know where I can see the installation progress?

Calmine

After reading about the keys being revoked on steam if you bought from a key seller like simplycdkeys, cdkeys or kingquin etc so don't use them.

I will confirm that you can get the game for £30 from Green Man gaming using discount code - 0DGPMZ-PIFWMK-FJDYRG.

LoveCake

I was playing online last night for about a hour & it was good, not many people on though, it's not supposed to be out until the 1 july anyway.

I was using the 3D on PS4 & i think it handicapped me in a way, i didn't get one kill but i got killed about twenty times :( i'm some sort of sniper wimp :(

Going to try tonight with the 3D off for online play as i think the 3D means you lose that bit of definition long distance.

Is there a way to create a GAF only team ?

Hulohot

Neo Member
Is the multiplayer working yet? I'm in.England., downloaded from the PlayStation 4 store and at the menu it says I'm disconnected, when I push connect it says "th is portion of the title has not been installed yet please try again when installation is.complete"

The notifications section says the update file is already installed and on version 1.01 and.there.doesn't seem.to.be any other way of updating it further for multiplayer or even installing anything

LoveCake

Is the multiplayer working yet? I'm in.England., downloaded from the PlayStation 4 store and at the menu it says I'm disconnected, when I push connect it says "th is portion of the title has not been installed yet please try again when installation is.complete"

The notifications section says the update file is already installed and on version 1.01 and.there.doesn't seem.to.be any other way of updating it further for multiplayer or even installing anything

I am in the UK as well, not all of the multiplayer parts are working yet & there did seem to be some connection issues last night, when i first started playing the single player i couldn't connect to PSN at all it was like there was a block, when i went on later i had a look & i was signed into PSN & the MP was working, i had the 1.01 installed when i first played as well, but once i was playing online i was online all the time, i think there may just be some issues with the game or servers as the game is not supposed to be out yet.

Played the tutorial and some of the first mission, and it's already waaaay better than V2. The more open level design, change of scenery and less frustrating stealth have made it a lot more enjoyable than I expected. I just wish they'd tighten up the movement controls somewhat, still feel a bit clunky. That, and the camera is still way too high during third person gameplay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Played the tutorial mission. Cool game. A bit clunky but charming. Stalking around looking for Germans to stab in the back of the skull is cool.

Sniping is awesome, but I'm having kind of trouble seeing the red diamond. I have a 46 inch tv and I'm sitting maybe 2.5 meters away from it, never had any issue with reading a HUD before. Perhaps the red diamond is a color tone too dark? Not sure. The target in the first mission's sniper nest was almost impossible to see. Perhaps it's just my weak scope or something.

I still get the message the game is installing when I try to connect, anyone know where I can see the installation progress?

I couldn't see the target in the first sniper nest at all either. Generally I have no problem with the red diamond though (although it did jump up and down a bit when trying to as at the searchlight)

d0c_zaius

any ps4 framerate impressions? just wondering if there's a big difference between PC and ps4.

my bad I should have checked out the specz section in the OT.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't need 60 FPS so V-sync = on. IQ is pretty good, didn't notice any framerate issues.
Tbf I did switch between the two and 60fps looks dumb and moves way to fast, the game is fast and fluid with V-sync on.
Nice to have the option thou.

Top Bottom