• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
yCJ6o.jpg

This shit deserves to be at the top of a new page.

Deadly

SM Entertainment's Lee Soo Man has placed a ban on a couple of Girls' Generation members, and it is becoming a hot topic. Cable channel tvN revealed the bans on "enews" on July 1st.

The Girls' Generation members who received the bans are Sooyoung and Yuri. Sooyoung and Yuri were told to refrain from behavior that could damage the elegant and beautiful image that the girls and SM Entertainment have been pushing lately. Sooyoung was told not to do vocal imitations anymore and Yuri was told not to do her special "kkab", or playfulness.
We already knew about the Sooyoung thing but Yuri too? Man...

Salazar

X-Frame said:
Yuri gets banned from what for being playful?

From a TV show?

It's rumoured that SM Entertainment are trying to more carefully guide and protect the girls' image by stopping them doing stuff. I can see them telling Sooyoung to cool it on the shouting imitations - not because they're unladylike, but because she's a singer with a crazy schedule.
I straight-up don't believe they've told Yuri to stop being a goof.

Hjynq.gif

hryK3.gif

xg8S2.gif

Stealth Sica.

BhasQ.jpg

Ronok

Salazar said:
It's rumoured that SM Entertainment are trying to more carefully guide and protect the girls' image by stopping them doing stuff. I can see them telling Sooyoung to cool it on the shouting imitations - not because they're unladylike, but because she's a singer with a crazy schedule.
I straight-up don't believe they've told Yuri to stop being a goof.

Isn't this exactly what the girls said on that show with a load of people from SM? I really hope it's not true though. One of the reasons I like Kpop stars is because they act goofy. :-/

Salazar

Ronok said:
Isn't this exactly what the girls said on that show with a load of people from SM?

It seems a bit counter-intuitive to announce it. It's not like it would seem weird if Sooyoung just stopped doing it.

Whereas it would seem strange if Yuri started acting all serious. Because the derp is strong in her.

fzhZa.gif

Alta1r

Aight, so before I get too deep into IY, the real question is: do I watch IY and finish the run that it had or do I start watch Running Man, which seems to be all the rage these days?

Salazar

Alta1r said:
Aight, so before I get too deep into IY, the real question is: do I watch IY and finish the run that it had or do I start watch Running Man, which seems to be all the rage these days?

Either decision will bring you joy.

tumblr_lncg4chPUF1qiexcr

Peru

Deadly said:
We already knew about the Sooyoung thing but Yuri too? Man...

This isn't true, nor is it an actual news story. Both those 'factoids' came from the Come to Play episode, and both were jokes out of Sooyoung and Yuri's mouth, respectively, who then proceeded to do what they supposedly couldn't do.

Salazar

akskiller said:
That Gary guy on Running Man is one funny motherfucker. I haven't laughed this much in years.

Starting Ep 42 now.

For so long, I didn't make the connection between Running Man Gary and Leessang Gary.

keuja said:
Are Taeyeon, Seohyun and Tiffany considered the top 3 singers of the group?

Those two duets were really good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOgu4HE6qmw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt75amNz3nA

Taengoo is genuinely goddamn good. So glad she got put in the group instead of being pushed solo.

filler said:
Can someone post some examples of what they've supposedly been banned from doing?

Yuri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3VkgIp753Y

Sooyoung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9trsPDhRX4

Salazar

lol Gary on the phone to Young Saeng.

"Who is it ?"

"Gary hyung"

"Gary who ?"

"Leessang Gary who became more popular due to being on Running Man"

"Ah, hyung who always sticks to Ji Hyo"

"Yes ! That's hyung"

Hey Salazar and family, was just popping in to see if you guys are ok. I haven't posted in ages. I just wanted reaffirm my undying love for Sunny.

Ronok

Peru said:
This isn't true, nor is it an actual news story. Both those 'factoids' came from the Come to Play episode, and both were jokes out of Sooyoung and Yuri's mouth, respectively, who then proceeded to do what they supposedly couldn't do.

Both seemed pretty serious when they were saying it. And no one else seemed to take it as a joke. I'd be glad if that were the case though. lol

Running Man hasn't had a new ep subbed for a while now. I'm getting restless. lol

Kyon

Banned
No love for Kahi, Ga In or Narsha? :< this thread needs more Kahi who slays most of your faves :lol

33e0qia.jpg

Question: can we post pics of men too? or is this strictly female Kpop related? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom