• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

EE0P0.jpg
W2Zsd.jpg

5ZPqM.gif

Niks

After having watched the 6 DVDs I can safely say it is good.
It is certainly all that snsd fans wanted.

Highlights, are DVD 1 and 5 - Variety in Phuket and Making of.

Free time and self talk are a bit repetitive but full of soshi goodness and individual shots for Hoot is genius, the MVs and stage performances are a nice addition. All in all the blu-ray will be glorious.

Salazar

lol, haters in the comments.

Really Hyuna, you're a beautiful girl but showing your bra through your shirt is just tacky and a fashion-don't for any girl. I know it's become quite popular lately to see the backs of bras with low cut dresses or the front through sheer shirts, but really it just looks cheap

Ranvier

I thought "Hello Baby" was decent but I usually found myself skipping at least 25% of each episode simply because I was bored. Though I will admit, some of the scenes with Yuri and the kid made me absolutely swoon.

I'm up to episode 3 on "Invincible Youth" and I feel like its a more entertaining/funny show overall. Well...I find myself skipping around a lot less even though it gets a little too sentimental at times in my opinion. Goo Hara is damn charming and even Sunny is beginning to grow on me. And that oaf Tae Woo better lay off my girl Yuri; its only his surprising ability to be hilarious and make me laugh that's keeping him safe.

PS: After a year and a half of lurking I can finally post!

Peru

'Even' Sunny? She owns that show so badly it hurts. It does get slightly boring at times, especially in later episodes, when all they do is plow the earth. But a lot of good stuff, still.

Salazar

Ranvier said:
And that oaf Tae Woo better lay off my girl Yuri

One of the greatest love lines ever. [Monday Couple probably still take it]. I love how Taewoo ends up doing crazy amounts of physical labour.

CbsQl.png
1Z74b.jpg

You're right that IY is the superior show.

Ranvier said:
I thought "Hello Baby" was decent but I usually found myself skipping at least 25% of each episode simply because I was bored. Though I will admit, some of the scenes with Yuri and the kid made me absolutely swoon.

I often find myself skipping ahead on alot of variety shows too. Feels like alot of what I see seems poorly paced.

Ranvier said:
I'm up to episode 3 on "Invincible Youth" and I feel like its a more entertaining/funny show overall. Well...I find myself skipping around a lot less even though it gets a little too sentimental at times in my opinion. Goo Hara is damn charming and even Sunny is beginning to grow on me. And that oaf Tae Woo better lay off my girl Yuri; its only his surprising ability to be hilarious and make me laugh that's keeping him safe.

IY is probably higher on my list than HB.

Ranvier said:
PS: After a year and a half of lurking I can finally post!

Same here.

Ranvier

Peru said:
'Even' Sunny? She owns that show so badly it hurts.

Well when I first stumbled upon Snsd and K-pop (started in that "mixture of shame and arousal thread") my uninitiated brain automatically pegged Sunny as the worst looking one. However after watching Hello Baby and getting into Invincible Youth, she just seems like an awesome person to hang out with and thus is quickly moving up the ranks (though she remains light-years behind Yuri and leagues behind Hyoyeon).

And yeah, I love how Tae Woo is so easily manipulated into doing most of the work. All the girls have him wrapped around their fingers.

The funniest part of "IY" so far was when Goo Hara takes that kid's bike and tells him to lose weight before riding off.

Ranvier said:
Well when I first stumbled upon Snsd and K-pop (started in that "mixture of shame and arousal thread") my uninitiated brain automatically pegged Sunny as the worst looking one. However after watching Hello Baby and getting into Invincible Youth, she just seems like an awesome person to hang out with and thus is quickly moving up the ranks (though she remains light-years behind Yuri and leagues behind Hyoyeon).

For me it was Jessica and Taeyeon, but I feel it was justified, as their hair is atrocious in the Oh mv. Jess just looks silly, while Taeyeon looks like an ahjumma. Just terrible. But they've grown on me, particularly Taeyeon in the Genie mv. I'd consider them top 5 behind the holy trinity, most of the time atleast. The list fluctuates.

BGUkS.jpg

vanty

Am I the only one who sees this freakish resemblance?

2CfFA.jpg
T4H6n.jpg

Obviously a difference in eyes, breast size, and age, but they still look very much alike to me.

ramyeon

vanty said:

Obviously a difference in eyes, breast size, and age, but they still look very much alike to me.
I'd say you're the only one ;)

vanty said:

ZleBi.jpg
q2iLK.jpg

I don't see it.

Salazar said:
Man, I still feel amazingly bad when I look at gifs of Tiff crying or frowning or looking sad. Even if she's faking it.

Speaking of crying, does anyone have the picture of the guy putting a tissue to the tv with Yoona crying?

hciLx.gif

vanty

And I'm not just talking about those two images. I was just going to write the names, but then put up pics in case people didn't know who Nigella was. Just saw her a couple hours ago on a commercial and thought "she looks strangely similar to Sunhwa".

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*researches* oh my, some good stuff here...

48qc0.jpg

Sunny<3

NH0lr.jpg

n2RJf.jpg

Sica<3

CrKB8.jpg

wpgO6.jpg

Yoona<3

jozgn.jpg

Tights<3

Ranvier

Dice said:

Good God Yuri looks amazing here. How the hell does she transition from sexy to lighthearted goofy girl so well. Like in some pictures/performances she looks damn hot but in variety shows like IY, she just comes off as extremely cute and aloof.

Also, I think I have figured out why the other G7 girls, besides Yuri Narsha and Sunny, don't appeal to me that much. While they have their moments and could be charming at times, they have horrible tooth to gum ratios. All their smiles are just a little too gummy for my tastes, that's the best way I can explain it.

Alta1r said:
Uh oh, we got another one...

I really don't understand your hate for her. Hyoyeon is sexy as all hell and she has way more personality then those doorknobs Jessica and Yoona that you seem to be infatuated with. Plus, Hyo has nice teeth, unlike Jessica who looks like the dentist stuck Chiclets up there. And don't get me started on Yoona's gator grill.

girls-generation-1011-hoot-hyoyeon.jpg

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Ranvier said:
I really don't understand your hate for her. Hyoyeon is sexy as all hell and she has way more personality then those doorknobs Jessica and Yoona that you seem to be infatuated with. Plus, Hyo has nice teeth, unlike Jessica who looks like the dentist stuck Chiclets up there. And don't get me started on Yoona's gator grill.

girls-generation-1011-hoot-hyoyeon.jpg
*Ultimate Brofist*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom