• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Get a region free dvd player? haha.

I am set to travel through Europe in a few weeks. I could probably grab one.

TPU8y.gif

panda21

can't you just download something to change the region of your computers drive usually? you could do that and rip it and then change it back.

Salazar

panda21 said:
can't you just download something to change the region of your computers drive usually? you could do that and rip it and then change it back.

I've used up my MB Pro drive changes (on both MB Pros).

If some stupendously knowledgeable Gaffer wanted to talk me through it, and it's possible, I'd be into that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So this is where that thread went.

Fafnir

Speaking of nice legs, I was watching HahaMong w/ T-ara and remembered that Hyomin has some nice ones. Also I didn't know that Boram was the oldest, being that short I always thought she was the maknae :lol

7ND7D.gif

Eunjung and Jiyeon are black belts in Taekwondo.

eSNPn.gif
4rhzH.gif

Hyomin trying not to get completely edited out:
IysEu.gif

Jiyeon doing a better job:
mLnn7.gif
fBpaC.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm watching the second day of the idol athletics competition. I just wanna say... I love cute girls.

Dice

It's still pretty common to sleep on a mat in Korea, cultural leftovers from when (not very long ago) the country was extremely poor. She may just prefer it.

Dice

I was gonna guess Seungyeon, but really I'm thinking he still suffers from all look same syndrome because it's not even close.

gogogow

Dice said:
I was gonna guess Seungyeon, but really I'm thinking he still suffers from all look same syndrome because it's not even close.
Ah, that syndrome. This is not directed to X-Frame, but I hear a lot of people saying how Asian (especially Chinese) people look the same. That's so ignorant, just because YOU can't tell the difference doesn't mean they look the same. And these people usually tell it like it's a fact. They go like: Hahahaha, they all look the same and their names are also the same hahahaha. God, I hate it when they do that.

X-Frame said:
Lol. Okay, she's the one singing at 0:37 here ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeMR93F8qcU
That's Han Seung-yeon.

Dice

Awwwww... I'm watching 4minute's Mr Teacher and they were pranking the girls to try and make them mad, but one of them actually made Sohyun cry, and it didn't even end in laughs like the time they made Sunhwa cry on IY. :(

Salazar

Deadly said:
Whaaaaaat? What episode is this? Poor girl

Ep 4, I think. Hence the "Seohyun mad" exhalation.

xMJAj.gif

SNSD have been announced as the models for an energy drink, Vita500.

Crazy CF incoming, I hope.

Charity Café: Park Taehwan totally threw that arm-wrestle against the Super Junior dude. No way an idol is beating an Olympic swimmer in an arm-wrestle.

Fafnir

Charity Cafe is kind of interesting because it happens around their debut days when they are not the goddesses they are now and you see people try to avoid them on the streets. If they tried to do same thing these days that cafe would probably get overrun by rabid fans.

It has some adorable Tiffany moments, especially when she sings. Also Jessica get's called an ajumma which really pisses her off :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1rGePeLPDc

d6b2f.gif

Deadly

Yeah I just watched the episode, but it was to surprise her so it's kinda ok :lol . What's this charity cafe thing you guys are talking about?

Ashhong

Deadly said:
Yeah I just watched the episode, but it was to surprise her so it's kinda ok :lol . What's this charity cafe thing you guys are talking about?

Well so was the one on 4minute. It's all in good fun.

Link above to Charity Cafe!

Igo

Ashhong said:
Yup it was episode 4. Could have sworn it was a later episode. Forgot when it first starts being planned, but here's part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVsFn31zAPQ

Hmmm I feel like I'm missing out on this Charity Cafe thing. Was a link to it posted before?

That ep made me sad. Shit was so harsh. I was surprissed by how well everything went to plan though. It was really quite impressive.

Salazar

Yeah, the Taehwan swimmer dude they run (lol) the café with is awesome.

And the auctions: highest bidder gets a hug.

And Yuri acting like an espresso machine pro because she pretended to use one once in a CF.

Ashhong

Igo said:
That ep made me sad. Shit was so harsh. I was surprissed by how well everything went to plan though. It was really quite impressive.

I think it was also because Seohyun doesn't really question her unnies. Thats just how she is, and she cant really say anything about how they were acting.

Dice

I think the 4minute pranks would have gone over a lot better if they did the hair one on Sohyun and the feet one on Jihyun. They should have considered their ages.

vanty

So is 2NE1 the only girl group that doesn't live in slums or something? The difference between their apartment(s) on 2NE1 TV and whenever you see the dorms of other groups on random shows is insane.

Salazar

vanty said:
So is 2NE1 the only girl group that doesn't live in slums or something? The difference between their apartment(s) on 2NE1 TV and whenever you see the dorms of other groups on random shows is insane.

SNSD's dorm looks like my flat during uni. Slightly larger, there being nine of them, but similar.

Watching Invincible Youth Ep 8.

Yuri's yoga class is almost purely an excuse for her to show off as usual.

Edit: What is it about Korean culture or language that makes puns so damned prevalent ?

panda21

vas_a_morir said:
I like the member of secret that looks like a female version of Brock. Like, all stoned and shit.

which one?

Salazar said:
Edit: What is it about Korean culture or language that makes puns so damned prevalent ?

thats an interesting question. i wonder is it because there seem to be a lot of compound words, and words made up from shortening several others and squishing them together, so there are lots of words that sound like others? or different spelling but only subtle differences in pronunciation? (like ㄱㄲ ㅋ)

Salazar

panda21 said:
thats an interesting question. i wonder is it because there seem to be a lot of compound words, and words made up from shortening several others and squishing them together, so there are lots of words that sound like others? or different spelling but only subtle differences in pronunciation? (like ㄱㄲ ㅋ)

Very likely. It just seems really natural, whereas puns only come along every so often in English, and there's a sort of instinctive social hesitancy about making them.

Hyunah is pretty useless this episode lol.

Ashhong

vanty said:

None of them really live in slums...but I did think their place looked pretty nice. I only had T-ara and SNSD to compare it with though, and they have like twice the number of members. I think that is the issue.

Puns in IY are amazing. I loved that they would do that dance everytime Taewoo made a good one. They stopped doing it eventually :(

Dresden

panda21 said:
Well, that, along with how some words have the same spelling but different meanings, whose exact definitions can only be gleaned through either context or the accompanying Chinese symbol. Haven't read a Korean paper in ages to know if they still do that, but that's how it used to be done. So puns are just easier to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom