• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

panda21 said:
i think i did know but i forgot :( looks awesome whatever it is

this avatar is really confusing me now, i keep thinking Ashhong's posts are mine

I kind of like seeing our posts right after each other haha.

Bom is cute, sometimes. When shes not looking super chubby.

Deadly

The only time I found Sandara really hot was in Taeyang's video "I need a girl". She's never looked like that again after :lol.
Also just saying Minzy is like 17

Deadly said:
The only time I found Sandara really hot was in Taeyang's video "I need a girl". She's never looked like that again after :lol.
Also just saying Minzy is like 17

Like I said, they try to uglify Sandara for she can blend in with the uglies.
On "I need a girl" video they made her look simple to actually show her natural cuteness, during any 2NE1 videos they make her look all crazy.

Sandara is pretty, kinda like a mini version on Eugene of SES.

Daesung like to joke that the reason he got into YG is that YG doesn't care about looks....and as you can tell its pretty much true...In my opinion.

Peru

Stop it with the 'uglify', seriously. She dresses like that when she goes by herself on holiday as well, she likes the hip hop style.

Wells she is being uglify...when she was a star in the Philippines they never gave here a pine tree hair style. They didn't uglify her on "I need a girl" video cause Taeyang need to have someone decent looking, guess thats why they chose Sandara. The rest of the group doesn't need to get uglify cause they are naturally ugly...err mean not soo attractive. If they didn't uglify Sandara she will stick out like a sore thumb. I think a more permanent way to uglify Sandara is to send her to Bom's plastic surgery doctor, He did a good uglifying job on Bom.

Ezalc

That post from a few pages ago with a lot of Sooyoung. Thank you kind sir you are a gentleman and a scholar. Her sister looks completely different though.

Salazar

YBIyO.jpg

Military concept: please come back.

1CxgM.gif

RY65Z.gif

Dice said:
Dara is way too cute to toss that blanket statement over.

I like how Salazar just keeps driving the soshi love as we argue about other things.
as he should! lead us to victory, salazar!

off topic again, but i think 2ne1 is merely "alright". they're no girls generation amirite

Salazar

Stabby McSter said:
but i think 2ne1 is merely "alright". they're no girls generation amirite

I find it weird that the nine member male group SM are starting are called M1.

Not that it matters, but it conjures the image of traffic holdups for anybody from the UK. And it is in general just a dud of a name.

I'm watching Special D-Day: It's Girls' Generation Now. Goobe commercials behind-the-scenes. Pretty damned funny. Yoona being moved to tears by the gift of a drumstick.

Stabby McSter said:
as he should! lead us to victory, salazar!

off topic again, but i think 2ne1 is merely "alright". they're no girls generation amirite
You're right about them being no girls generation. But I still enjoy both.

The only thing I know for sure is that Taeyeon is my one true love!

w218526669.gif

w218526635.gif

w219058517.gif

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/karas-goo-hara-transforms-into-a-feline-court-lady-for-urakara

KARA’s Goo Hara made a hilarious transformation on February 4th’s episode of ”URAKARA“!

In the drama, Hara’s character feels ‘oppressed’ whenever she’s about to tackle an important event, and so to cope with the pressure, she’ll obsessively eat curry and focus on white lines whenever she walks on roads.

Her character was cast into a popular drama, where she plays a court lady …

4mXYA.jpg

Dammit, Goo-Hara. Get a better agent.

Cq1y5.gif

ZuYxf.gif

18V7j.gif

21IVx.gif

Fafnir

Since SNSD wasn't at the Idol Athletics, here is what they would have looked like if they competed:

q8XJN.gif
ElD70.gif

uc88q.gif
cLFj7.gif

Fany and Taengoo going full speed is so adorable:
a8XCw.gif
jEj6t.gif

Not sure what went wrong with Sooyoung...
QyoTQ.gif
msfgD.gif

kCcQ3.gif
YLWg1.gif

4BOGB.gif

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/fxs-luna-bursts-into-tears-from-harsh-criticism-on-mbc-enjoy-today

During a recent recording of MBC TV “Enjoy Today”, it was reported that guest star f(x)’s Luna caused the filming to come to a halt after she burst into tears in front of the judging panel.

The show was recording a special episode called ‘3rd Music Project – Enjoy Rock,’ where the cast were to battle it out against each other by performing a new song by singers Kim Jong Seo and Yoon Do Hyun. The judging panel consisted of some of the greatest Korean artists, Yoon Hyun Sang, In Sooni, and the nation’s rock music representatives Kim Jong Seo and Yoon Do Hyun.

The first stage of the audition saw performances by new guest stars Luna, racing model Goo Ji Sung and actress Hong Soo Hyun, making the audition set even more intense with the fierce competition.

However, after Luna’s performance, the judge panel pierced Luna with a harsh comment, “You lack a sense of understanding of music.” As a result, Luna bursted into tears and caused the recording to come to a pause.

Oh come on.

HlS9Z.gif

KfYNM.gif

Kv6U6.gif

vD4Od.gif

KQSwo.gif

Yuri can get it, mayne.

BTW, can Yoona and Yuri actually sing? They never seem to sing much on the single tracks... which makes me think maybe they were picked for reasons other than their singing ability.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Salazar said:
Oh come on.
Especially because they are totally right. You can tell she is sensitive like that anyway because she's always putting up a front. As I said before, she is a skinny girl with fattitude.

vas_a_morir said:
Yuri can get it, mayne.

BTW, can Yoona and Yuri actually sing? They never seem to sing much on the single tracks... which makes me think maybe they were picked for reasons other than their singing ability.
Yoona offers about exactly what you'd expect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcvjYQ8aoi4

Yuri can surprise you sometimes (@1:40)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvmVL0nZDI

Also Sunny @2:27 you go girl!

Peru

Yuri is a really solid vocalist. Yoona has to have songs/parts that fit her to sound good, she's the most limited singer in the group I think.

That Yoona song is autotuned like HELL, dudes. Yeah, She keeps dropping on my popularity list. I don't like her personality or her singing... I guess she's got a good looking face, but it's like too perfect. Not interesting at all. I'd think she's at the bottom of the list for me now. Hyoyeon continues to climb, tho.

I wasn't too impressed with Yuri's singing in that one, either. But I'll let it slide with her. :)

Taeyeon and Jessica are generally considered to be the most talented singers, right? I think jessica is really good and has a unique voice, but I also think the natural tone of her voice could be divisive for fans.

Dice

Yuri can do alright with music playing, but she can't find a note or stay on one key without accompaniment.

vas_a_morir said:
That Yoona song is autotuned like HELL, dudes. Yeah, She keeps dropping on my popularity list.
It's not like she goes flat when she sings live, she sounds exactly like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy0wNnmrXjk

Limited and boring, but not painful by any means.

Peru

The original version of the song Yoona did on their concerts is one of the more brilliant pieces of early fluffy k-pop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KusTxzaf_5Y Her talking voice...

vas_a_morir said:
Taeyeon and Jessica are generally considered to be the most talented singers, right? I think jessica is really good and has a unique voice, but I also think the natural tone of her voice could be divisive for fans.

The five main vocalists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGwVAbGFlZQ

Ashhong

vas_a_morir said:
That Yoona song is autotuned like HELL, dudes. Yeah, She keeps dropping on my popularity list. I don't like her personality or her singing... I guess she's got a good looking face, but it's like too perfect. Not interesting at all. I'd think she's at the bottom of the list for me now. Hyoyeon continues to climb, tho.

I wasn't too impressed with Yuri's singing in that one, either. But I'll let it slide with her. :)

I don't know if Jessica is really considered the more talented singer. I think its Taeyeon and Seohyun. But then if you listen to "I Can't", you have to throw Sunny and even Tiffany in there.

edit: I see I was close to being right.

panda21

hmmm its been a while since i tried to rank them.. (not on singing, just all round)

1. Taeyeon
2. Hyoyeon
3. Sunny
4. Tiffany
5. Seohyun
6. Jessica
7. Yuri
8. Sooyoung
9. Yoona

Dice

I don't like the sound of Jessica's voice, and her style is too straightforward. Tiffany has the best voice in terms of sound, but unfortunately she has very awkward technique so she's only good for real clean stuff like the the song she did for the Haru OST. Sunny's voice is pleasing and sweet but she has weird vibrato habits. Seohyun is good and sounds more mature than the rest but is not very memorable. Taeyeon's voice is a bit thin for my tastes, but has good technique along with memorable character, so she is best overall.

Peru

Jessica's is my favorite voice. I guess it's marmite-y. Some say it doesn't fit with ballads, but I think it does.. "One Year Later" is prob my favorite (non-rnb) k-pop ballad. I guess I have a thing for unique vocal timbres with a nasal hint... really like AS's Raina as well in that regard.

Dice

Peru said:
I guess I have a thing for unique vocal timbres with a nasal hint... really like AS's Raina as well in that regard.
Yeah, I also don't like Raina in the same way, lol.

Give me that low open tone, like Tiffany (though she has a bit of rasp) and Nana. A nasal touch can be nice if it's done right, like Minkyung in Love & War... Actually, Minkyung is completely ideal to me, at least outside of R&B (which is a whole different world of singing with different needs). She melts me.

Salazar

CPCtd.jpg

Where the KARA members sat on the plane to Japan. Gyuri on her own.

Who said investigative journalism was in decline ?

Ashhong

Salazar said:
I'd be prepared to believe that it was just seat availability, but the alternative is more interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/nFpDr.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KUIBB.gif[IMG]

^^^^^^ Sunny underneath the cake.[/QUOTE]

lol I was looking under the cake, like under the table for Sunny. Didn't even see her over there on the side

Salazar

HVoyc.gif

gMLgF.gif

YDct0.gif

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/snsd-beats-fin-k-l-and-gets-named-the-best-girl-group

On February 5th, KBS 2TV’s “Generation Empathy Saturday” chose SNSD as the best girl group ever.

They held a new corner titled, “Ranking! Old and New“, and their viewers chose SNSD as #1 in the “BEST Girl Group Top 10” list.

Fin.K.L is an old school girl group that debuted over a decade ago and won over fanboys’ hearts back in the 90s and early 2000s. They are often named one of the most memorable girl groups in K-pop history, but SNSD managed to beat them for the #1 spot.

Third place went to Wonder Girls, fourth to S.E.S, and KARA, 2NE1, Brown Eyed Girls, Secret, f(x), and Baby V.O.X followed.

Dice

It's probably from that one performance of Oh with the fire and the sexy.

Dice

ROFL @ Tiff & Yoona. Why does Taeyeon's look so natural?

Anyway at one point I had a massive picture collection because I found a 1.3gb rar of all thustleo pics. I did make a quick look through all of them, but later accidentally deleted all my kpop pics and vids. From what I remember, that performance was an outdoors one and it seemed pretty cold out judging by their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom