• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I don't suppose the Korean appetite for competition shows will go away, though. That stuff seems like a safe bet.

I just hope the creative tv thrives, so we get more stuff like Running Man and Invincible Youth.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not a fan of carrot-top Gyuri.

D2QU9.jpg

The return to brunette for GGS was too short-lived. I wonder if she'll change it again for their Korean comeback.

idfdkohchj.gif

*sigh*

Cute new pics from that event a while back:

gQquK.jpg

toLwW.jpg

VwUXJ.jpg

frDH4.jpg

S73Jk.jpg

Rainbow sure is one pretty group.

Dice

American English is great. I saw a show of theirs some years back and I was far enough back I pretty much couldn't tell the difference between them and The Beatles.

Ashhong

lol Running Man 48 when JiHyo has to identify the guys by feeling their face

Jong Kook: I'm surprisingly easy to identify
Jae Suk: It's because your chin is as small as your heart

lol.gif

Ashhong

ah, ok then. that hair on jaekyung does not suit her.

so i thought Sistar was changing their MV or something, but no...their changing the dance moves for all music shows. mother fuckers.

panda21

CaptYamato said:
I really need to start learning Korean.

learning Korean is a lot of fun if you have a good teacher, and I really appreciate all of the Korean media I watch a lot more for it, films, music, dramas, everything.

just recognising a few words here and there, and after every lesson you start to recognise a few more, or you learn a word that you have been hearing a lot but didn't know what it meant.. it sounds like a little thing but its a great feeling.

oh and depending on where you are you might find that at least half of your class are there because of KPOP/Kdrama.

also @sally i posted something very similar in the old soshi thread.. i like saying waifu too much

Ashhong

They aren't still busy promoting in Japan are they? Seems weird to release an actual MV thats not just quick cuts and dancing when they aren't even promoting. 1 month until their Korean comeback right? fuck yes.

Dice

SM is so cheap. When Pledis outclasses your headliner x50 you know something is wrong.

Dice

Yeah... overall I'm gonna say this is the worst soshi ever. Song, choreo, outfits, budget (I'm guessing 5 grand?)... so bad.

Regardless, Yoona and Sunny can get it, and damn are those red pants working for Jess.

Fafnir

I see Bad Girl as a farewell MV to Japan. Kind of a quick, "Thank you Japan, now we are going back to dominate Korea". Watching it a couple of times I consider it to be Jessica and Sunny's MV as they seem to dominate throughout. Sooyoung owns at the beginning.

2ddEh.gif

Ashhong

Yea Tiffany looked really good in it. Especially her body. Take notes Yuri, this is how you maintain the body that everybody knows and loves.

tehbible

orangecaramel said:
news to me bruh

they're all plastic surgery'd to the max.

its common for girls to go under the knife in korea. in fact, some parents even encourage it so that the girl can have a 'better' life.

i guarantee you that all the SNSD girls have had plastic surgery in one way or another.

Ashhong

tehbible said:

its common for girls to go under the knife in korea. in fact, some parents even encourage it so that the girl can have a 'better' life.

i guarantee you that all the SNSD girls have had plastic surgery in one way or another.

You don't say?

DXPett1

tehbible said:

I'd put money on it they haven't. People seem to forgot how much change can happen while someone goes through puberty to full adulthood (not to mention we continue to change even after that)

Salazar said:

heart-attack.png

tehbible

Ashhong said:
You don't say?

its just that, how can one 'endorse' this practice?

i find it horrible that girls as young as 13 are reworking their face just to please society. its disparaging towards women.

i know korea is male dominated society, but i just really wish that korea stopped this practice of going under the knife so often. its embarrassing.

DXPett1 said:
I'd put money on it they haven't. People seem to forgot how much change can happen while someone goes through puberty to full adulthood (not to mention we continue to change even after that)

heh ok. is it on then? we can do this through paypal :)

Salazar

SUseN.gif

Politely indifferent Jing is indifferent.

Now that I have read "four minute slut, four minute slut", I can't listen to that song without hearing it.

jRu2W.gif

tehbible

DXPett1 said:
$25 US to a childrens charity?

How do we get verification?

you're right, even if i did post before/after pics, you wouldn't believe it, or would say that 'they just grew up'

most likely a lost cause.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
tehbible said:
you're right, even if i did post before/after pics, you wouldn't believe it, or would say that 'they just grew up'

puberty? idk man, kinda iffy

DXPett1

tehbible said:

Correct, before and after pictures prove little, especially in this day and age. Though if their managers or whoever said yup they have had this surgery and this time I would be happy to eat my words and pay up :)

Ah well. I will concede that its too hard to prove/disprove and move on :D

filler

Banned
tehbible said:

I really doubt you're going to bring up anything that hasn't already been discussed here. Get over yourself.

tehbible

filler said:
I really doubt you're going to bring up anything that hasn't already been discussed here. Get over yourself.

i'm just surprised that a lot of folks think that SNSD girls are all natural beauty, when that is clearly not the case.

but to each his own, i'll ride the halyu wave, as i'm korean myself. only benefits me.

Dice said:
No, it's much worse.

I made it as far as "Watashi no Secret Shitteita nara..." and turned it off. I was too vicariously embarrassed. They need to break the group up into two smaller groups (Never would happen, I know) It's all too formulaic and awkward. Tiara is better in every way as far as I'm concerned.

filler

Banned
tehbible said:
i'm just surprised that a lot of folks think that SNSD girls are all natural beauty, when that is clearly not the case.

but to each his own, i'll ride the halyu wave, as i'm korean myself. only benefits me.

So you saw some pictures of them when they were young and compared them to more recent pics. They didn't look exactly the same, must be cosmetic surgery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom