• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehbible

filler said:
So you saw some pictures of them when they were young and compared them to more recent pics. They didn't look exactly the same, must be cosmetic surgery!
just SNSD? more like rampant cosmetic surgery in korean society. this practice must stop. its disparaging towards women.

Salazar

vas_a_morir said:
I made it as far as "Watashi no Secret Shitteita nara..." and turned it off. I was too vicariously embarrassed. They need to break the group up into two smaller groups (Never would happen, I know) It's all too formulaic and awkward. Tiara is better in every way as far as I'm concerned.

Fafnir is right. This was a throwaway MV for the Japanese crazies to eat up.

filler said:
So you saw some pictures of them when they were young and compared them to more recent pics. They didn't look exactly the same, must be cosmetic surgery!

As I've said before, I don't care if they had plastic surgery or not. But, to say that they haven't had plastic surgery is beyond naive.

Salazar

vas_a_morir said:
As I've said before, I don't care if they had plastic surgery or not. But, to say that they haven't had plastic surgery is beyond naive.

Truly god tier plastic surgery of a fairly minor sort.

Which I am fine with.

KiiLj.gif

SISTAR begging fans to listen to "So Cool".

k1tUQ.jpg

ramyeon

vas_a_morir said:
Yeah for sure, especially in South Korea. High School graduates are oftentimes given money from their parents to go towards surgery for getting a job (They have to attach photos to resumes in Korea - so appearance can be the make or break for women).

That said, a lot of surgeries in Korea are pretty minor cosmetic surgeries not full makeovers, face lifts or boob jobs (At least for the younger generation). So it's usually just a double eyelid surgery or nose job.

Biscuits

Wow, the lighting is weird. Seems really unnatural. Like, they green-screened the background and crates. I guess that's what you guys were referring to regarding the budget lol.

And about the plastic surgery: when looking at past photos of them, yes, you can tell that they've got work done. However its only minor things here and there that, really, they didn't need, but do make them that much more attractive.

Salazar

Biscuits said:
Wow, the lighting is weird. Seems really unnatural. Like, they green-screened the background and crates. I guess that's what you guys were referring to regarding the budget lol.

I think this is pretty much certain, lol. It looks wonky as hell in some shots.

filler

Banned
ramyeon said:
Yeah for sure, especially in South Korea. High School graduates are oftentimes given money from their parents to go towards surgery for getting a job (They have to attach photos to resumes in Korea - so appearance can be the make or break for women).

That said, a lot of surgeries in Korea are pretty minor cosmetic surgeries not full makeovers, face lifts or boob jobs (At least for the younger generation). So it's usually just a double eyelid surgery or nose job.

^This. People act like they were woopi goldberg look-a-likes when they were younger and then suddenly turned into perfect 10s. This isn't the case at all. Plastic surgery will not make an ugly girl pretty, their faces will just look off.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
tehbible said:
just SNSD? more like rampant cosmetic surgery in korean society. this practice must stop. its disparaging towards women.
I don't think the problem is the getting it or being dissatisfied with how pretty one is or being disparaging towards women so much as it is the extremely narrow concept of what is beautiful.

Double eyelids: Uh, the most I can say to this is that they stand out more on camera, so I get that much, but it doesn't mean they are better.
Small, pointy nose: Outside of jew/greek/italian jokes, I literally never heard anything about noses until kpop. I like all sorts of girls with different types of noses, even bigger ones and flat ones.
V-line: Looks kinda weird to me, honestly. What's wrong with rounder chin and cheek lines? It's cute.
Egg-cheek thing: ...of all the crazy shit...
White skin: Darker skin East Asians are hot, some of the best tan skin out there.

Ask anyone away from the area what they think of this stuff and they'll probably say you're crazy. They are just differences/specifics and have nothing to do with prettiness. We do many things to look how we want, and I see PS as a mere extension to this, like dying your hair but permanent. However, as a culture, to have such a narrow concept of what is pretty that most require surgery to fit into it... that is the issue. Girls changing themselves to the liking of men is nothing new to the world, however men disliking variety of beauty is something I just don't understand.

Dice

They didn't actually ban it yet. This was quick (see the motion blur) so I think the MV will pass.

Though I still don't know the point of banning outfits that are more modest than what you see in public all the time.

Dice

We must protect the children from witnessing the perversions of natural development in the human body through television. Save that for seeing everywhere they go in public.

Niks

Just watched the Bad Girl MV...
pretty meh to be honest... but I guess it does the job for the Japanese audience.

Taeyeon saves it with the wink though

il5xCG.gif

Will the korean release be a totally new album with new songs, or will it just be Japanese album but in korean?

Biscuits

Niks said:
Will the korean release be a totally new album with new songs, or will it just be Japanese album but in korean?
Damn, I REALLY hope it isn't just a rerelease... I'd say no, since I'm sure SM can easily buy a few singles off some talented European songwriters.

Dice

AlphaDragoon said:
Video for bad Girl was meh, but Jessica/Fany/Sooyoung looked way good in it.
You're right, Yoona/Jessica/Sunny looked really good.

Ashhong

ramyeon said:
It's SM though, they'll redo at least one or two of the Japanese songs into Korean.

Do they have a track history of doing that? I just can't see them doing it, especially for SNSD. I dont think they will even release Mr. Taxi in Korean and the girls have already performed/recorded it. I say recorded because I assume they had a backing track when performing it, but thats just a guess.

ramyeon

Ashhong said:
Do they have a track history of doing that? I just can't see them doing it, especially for SNSD. I dont think they will even release Mr. Taxi in Korean and the girls have already performed/recorded it. I say recorded because I assume they had a backing track when performing it, but thats just a guess.
They do have a track recording of releasing songs multiple times, yes.

Three of the songs on their Japanese album were Korean songs anyway, what's stopping them from doing the reverse?

At least Mr Taxi will be on there, calling it now ;)

Edit: Prove me wrong, SM.

Dice

0IX8T.jpg

L
O
ELLLLLLLLLLLLL

Tempted to make avatar... must support Kara through comeback...

Edit: She actually looks pretty hot like this.

aYIR5.jpg

8Jybd.jpg

Salazar

AlphaDragoon said:
Nobody said anything about Yoona and Sunny...not being hot in that video, too. Because they were.

Sunny's shape is just a straight-up mystery to me. Sometimes she just seems curvy as hell.

Edgeward

Well, got excited when I heard there was a new vid. Saw it. =\ At least Sica and Sooyoung look real good as per usual. Still do not anything about it, all the flashing lights, the excessive audio editing and the dances. All just bleh.

Dice

Little dog in the corner is one of the ugliest breeds out there. The big dog is awesome.

Don't make Hyomin cut you.

xMb7k.jpg

hg8O4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom