• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
my waifu returning to korea

RpIaB.jpg

Salazar

DXPett1 said:
Haters gonna hate but Yuri is looking damn fine imo.

I won't say she is back to perfection, but she is looking like she could actually get there.

Which was unthinkable a few months ago.

DXPett1

CaptYamato said:
I would pay a lot of money or kill everyone on this forum (except Sal and Dice) to sit down and have tea with Eunjung.

I hope thats the same kind of tea Jessica and Taeyceon were having otherwise your aiming your sights pretty low

Salazar said:
That was so awesome.

They should totally do more of that stuff. Korean fairytales and folk tales.

I think Yuri would be great, she looks the most classically Korean to me, if that makes any sense.

Ranvier

In honor of Yuri's slow return, I post these pictures to encourage her progress.

2vmvitw.jpg
6.jpg

osbgaq.jpg
yuri310.jpg
tumblr_lej557UVDb1qal14ko1_500.png

yulrm.jpg

yulrm2.jpg

yulhyog20.jpg

1292306933_201012141509575916783001_0.jpg

tumblr_lcr0i9XUtn1qahidbo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lcr0jgk0wG1qahidbo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lcr0cywJ3c1qahidbo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lcr0el9d9X1qahidbo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lcr0gwHOj91qahidbo1_500.jpg

71772_163003997055062_163001033722025_383386_387948_n.jpg
tumblr_ld6shpStpM1qbs9moo1_500.jpg
tumblr_ldjyn9bAo41qcz8iyo1_500.jpg

Classic:

img2f.jpg
img1pfb.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg
IMG_4601-1.jpg

tumblr_lbgxjdMkGC1qa7zhqo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lbgmhztJcX1qahidbo1_500.jpg
g20conyul3.jpg

I'd be a little disgusted too.

tumblr_ldsdvtDtml1qdl6w3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l22azpQQNq1qbr4who1_500.jpg

tumblr_l76evmaXnM1qbr4who1_500.jpg
tumblr_l72nxyvGoA1qbr4who1_500.jpg

tumblr_l7lj0kRw3F1qbr4who1_400.jpg
tumblr_l16031E7QM1qbr4who1_500.jpg

tumblr_lbqlqytlyN1qbr4who1_250.gif

She never gets love.
yurilol1.gif
tumblr_lcww30veCj1qbs9moo1_400.gif

tumblrlc01qjizzl1qd4n8j.gif
tumblr_lcoemz7UpJ1qam0cl.gif
tumblr_lcodbyzBTz1qam0cl.gif

tumblr_lcxmbhQxEY1qd4n8jo1_250.gif
tumblr_lcxm9qAyB81qd4n8jo1_250.gif
tumblr_lcxm6q6z7T1qd4n8jo1_250.gif
tumblr_lcxm2p3eQU1qd4n8jo1_250.gif
tumblr_lcxm0yjfJ01qd4n8jo1_250.gif

tumblr_lcraakKDKz1qdfkgbo1_500.gif
yurisexysplitq.gif
tumblr_leqdtjd9b41qd4n8jo1_250.gif
tumblr_leo9918xjY1qd4n8jo1_250.gif

tumblr_ldk0m8nrnu1qam0cl.gif
tumblr_ld8fw0bv631qea0e0o1_400.gif

yuri-1.gif
sdfxif.gif
tumblr_ldu1swJYQR1qe5x05o1_500.gif

cb38.gif
soori.gif
tumblr_lcx6qkRv3J1qe439io1_500.gif

tumblr_lb5dl4u1vS1qbqhtt.gif
tumblr_lb5djnfX9R1qbqhtt.gif
tumblr_lb5dxiPvG81qbqhtt.gif
tumblr_lb5edseOHI1qbqhtt.gif

hootmcyul.gif
hootmcyul2.gif
hootmcyul3.gif

PHONO...GO GET MY GUN

tumblr_lcxn3kkezY1qeoijxo1_400.gif
tumblr_lcwdxnUSFJ1qa1d0io1_400.gif

tumblr_lcwzahA92C1qa1ecoo1_500.gif

Chuckie

Howcome there are SO many pics/gifs of these girls? Are they on TV constantly?
I couldn't imagine keeping a thread like this filled with any Western group.

I'm not complaining though. These SNSD girls are hot, all of them, no exceptions. My favourite still has to be Taeyeon (sp?) who is not the hottest, but she is the cutest.

Salazar

Tence said:
Howcome there are SO many pics/gifs of these girls? Are they on TV constantly?

The K-pop industry does churn out a ridiculous amount of content.

It's pretty much mandatory for groups to do tv variety/conversation appearances - which isn't the case for Western pop groups.

And fans gif/cap everything. Tumblr and Youtube have boosted K-pop so much. The fact that fans for these groups are organised is another factor: there's an audience for photo and video edits, gifs, subbed videos, and stuff.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Kpop is competitive on the level that sports is competitive. That is how their fans tend to function as well.

Chuckie

Salazar said:
The K-pop industry does churn out a ridiculous amount of content.

It's pretty much mandatory for groups to do tv variety/conversation appearances - which isn't the case for Western pop groups.

And fans gif/cap everything. Tumblr and Youtube have boosted K-pop so much. The fact that fans for these groups are organised is another factor: there's an audience for photo and video edits, gifs, subbed videos, and stuff.

Ah well... I don't mind.
Although sometimes I think it is a bit excessive all those gifs, in the end I rather see too much of hot Korean chicks than too little ;)
The fact that they often seem to wear boots is a plus too (is that some trend there?)

Edit: I should listen to a song soon though. So far all I've seen is gifs and video's with sound off.

Chuckie

Salazar said:
Being hot isn't enough, though. They do have to have variety skills - basically charisma and humour on tv.

Being hot with tiny shorts/skirts/uniforms and boots is enough for me ;)
Although I admit I do like their funny expressions/acts too.

Ranvier

Tence said:
Being hot with tiny shorts/skirts/uniforms and boots is enough for me ;)
Although I admit I do like their funny expressions/acts too.

It took a long time for the songs to grow on me. For the first month I couldn't even tell them apart and I always felt a little dirty after listening to the songs. But don't worry, this stage is when your neurons rewire in your head. Your brain needs to prepare itself for the awesomeness to come. Its kinda like that Seinfeld episode where George keeps whispering "Cos-Tanza" to a girl over and over till he grows on her and she can't get him out of her head.

I recommend starting with watching Hello Baby. All of SNSD is in it and they look DAMN good. The way they hover around the baby...its basically the pinnacle of funny expressions and cuteness And I don't think all 9 are ever in one episode together so its not overwhelming. Also, it will ease you into hearing the language so the songs aren't so much of a shock. The pacing of the show can be a little slow at times but its make so you can skip over half of it and still know what the heck is going on.

Kyon said:
she looks amazing here what happened?

She looks even better now. Its like I keep telling you guys. Hyoyeon looks so damn pretty that the SNSD Managers tell the Hair and Make-up people to sabotage her so she doesn't eclipse the others. They are probably told to sabotage Yuri too, but they can't because by some weird fluke of physics, she can't ever look ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom