• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

I linked the rumored demo songs a couple pages back. Hikkup sounded good, the other one was pretty meh. Kind of glad SM squashed the rumor as Hikkup didn't seem like it would win them the daesang award.

Byun Taeyeon action:
N0LjG.gif
iSMLu.gif

KaXj8.gif
RtvXG.gif

DXPett1

Salazar said:
Taeyeon goofing out singing along to ballads at Chin Chin is so good.

tumblr_lnz6f6C7F91qj60veo1_250.gif

Seriously though if that is Taeyeon goofing, I'd hate to see her in full seducation mode (hate, only because I'd die from seeing it)

Conceptor

DXPett1 said:
tumblr_lnz6f6C7F91qj60veo1_250.gif

Seriously though if that is Taeyeon goofing, I'd hate to see her in full seducation mode (hate, only because I'd die from seeing it)
0lAtM.gif

I wanna see her do more radio stuff when they tone down the touring/take a break sometime in the future. Also that Daesung gif is awesome :lol

Dice:

07l3n.gif

43hbz.gif

D:

lol Khuntoria producers trolled them hard in this week's WGM

Salazar

Conceptor said:
Also that Daesung gif is awesome :lol

Need to rediscover the one of him rolling on his back in money.

Edit: There we go.

ETKOR.gif

When asked about who managed their earnings the best amongst the members they picked Daesung. G-Dragon said, “Daesung is rich with cash. He also doesn’t receive interests.”. He added, “To the point that my mom envies Daesung’s room. His bedroom is called the “princess room” amongst the members.”

I expect this was before TOP bought that awesome house in Seoul.

Biscuits

Alta1r said:
It's on kshownow. It's pretty good. Though not Yoona/Sunny RM good.
Yeah. Have you started 56? I got bored because watching them run around a small village with middle aged women wasn't too exciting...

Peru

Don't know how you guys can sink to the level of watching kshownow subbed episodes when we're talking about RUNNING MAN.

I have a question: Why do all these groups have Americans or girls who lived in America in them? Do they actively recruit in the US?

Also, thanks to the new OP, I finally gave Kara a good chance, and I am a happier man for having done so. They got some good Japanese songs, too. (My question, actually, came from my discovery of Nicole, who was recruited and according to youtube, couldn't really speak Korean at that time.)

Oh God, how have I managed to avoid T-ara all this time?!

Shame HYOYEON isn't in the group :(

Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep

vas_a_morir said:
I have a question: Why do all these groups have Americans or girls who lived in America in them? Do they actively recruit in the US?

Korean agencies do actively recruit in the US, particularly along the West coast, although the majority of the time those people they do recruit have a link to Korea even if they can't actually speak the language.

CruxisMana said:
Korean agencies do actively recruit in the US, particularly along the West coast, although the majority of the time those people they do recruit have a link to Korea even if they can't actually speak the language.

I suspect the fact they can speak English makes them "cooler." (And better equipped to rip off American hip-hop slang, lol)

Ashhong

Alta1r said:
It's on kshownow. It's pretty good. Though not Yoona/Sunny RM good.

I havent watched RM on that site yet....is it not much worse than isubs? I really like all of the effort isubs puts into it and the look of the subs

edit: I see Peru pretty much answered my question :lol

edit2: I cannot stop laughing everytime I start a RM ep on isubs and Jong Kooks song comes on hahahaha

vas_a_morir said:
I suspect the fact they can speak English makes them "cooler." (And better equipped to rip off American hip-hop slang, lol)

It's still a shame that having a fluent English speaker in a group doesn't necessarily make the English in that groups songs any better...

Ashhong said:
I havent watched RM on that site yet....is it not much worse than isubs? I really like all of the effort isubs puts into it and the look of the subs

The translation is VERY rough and VERY Engrish. I'm still going to wait for iSubs.

CruxisMana said:
It's still a shame that having a fluent English speaker in a group doesn't necessarily make the English in that groups songs any better...

I imagine it's because they likely record separately, and therefore can't tell the other members to pronounce the words a certain way. Plus, let's face it, these girls don't have any artistic input, so they'll go with whatever the writers write. I remember the Mr. Taxi single, and Taeyeon really over-pronounced "New Yorrrrrrk." That had to be coached, don't you think?

Peru

Quality-wise? Well she's no lyrical genius but English-wise it's all sound, no? I mean, she's not responsible for the Engrish disaster that is the producer's intro on Bang! (nor the T-R-Y parts for that matter).

Alta1r

Biscuits said:
Yeah. Have you started 56? I got bored because watching them run around a small village with middle aged women wasn't too exciting...

Not yet, is that the 2nd part of the Jiyeon episode? I was going to watch it but then got distracted by some other kpop stuff on that site, lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But Soyeon was going to be the leader, so you'd have to trade Taeyeon.

Man, that'd be a good way to ruin both groups.

Alta1r

Dice said:
But Soyeon was going to be the leader, so you'd have to trade Taeyeon.

Man, that'd be a good way to ruin both groups.

Haha, yeah, I can't imagine either group with the other. T-ara's got too much of an older, sexier vibe for Taengoo's antics and SNSD just wouldn't be the same with quiet, perpetually bored Soyeon.

Ashhong

Alta1r said:
Haha, yeah, I can't imagine either group with the other. T-ara's got too much of an older, sexier vibe for Taengoo's antics and SNSD just wouldn't be the same with quiet, perpetually bored Soyeon.

You gotta imagine though that if Soyeon had stayed, it doesn't necessarily mean Taeyeon would be out. Also, I'm sure SM would have whipped her into shape and she probably wouldn't be the Soyeon we all know and love.

Peru said:
Quality-wise? Well she's no lyrical genius but English-wise it's all sound, no? I mean, she's not responsible for the Engrish disaster that is the producer's intro on Bang! (nor the T-R-Y parts for that matter).

Haha yea, true, I guess they at least have proper grammar.

Peru

Well she wouldn't have been forced to wear her CEO's furry fantasy outfits, for one thing. The T-ara JP covers are so cheap and tacky you know he's had a hands-on attitude in the design process.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Same... I mean, not only is it inconceivable to me, but this is the only place outside of the Hyoyeon forum on SSF (not even the rest of SSF) that I have seen such love for her.

Niks

I dont hate on Hyoyeon, but lets say I think SNSD would most likely still do ok if she was not a member.

Just saying...

Alta1r

Ashhong said:
You gotta imagine though that if Soyeon had stayed, it doesn't necessarily mean Taeyeon would be out. Also, I'm sure SM would have whipped her into shape and she probably wouldn't be the Soyeon we all know and love.

True. I wonder who they would have cut to make room for Soyeon. 10 members seems a bit too much to imagine they'd just add her and keep the rest. Also, I didn't know idols were allowed to jump ship like that. Did the company take on SM's debt for Soyeon's training or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom