• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Dice said:
Delicious lossless CD quality is the way to go, man. Plus you get photobooks.

I went with the cheapest shipping option, so I won't have package tracking. It's like the shipping version of going back to pre-cellphone days. A bit nervous about it since it is international but if all goes well it will be a fun surprise whenever it shows up.

Well, my sister has some CD's. Newest 4minute + HuH, SNSD's RDR + Oh, T-ara Breaking Heart and a few others that I don't remember.. haven't even listened to them..

Kyon

Banned
ill delete the Nana post on the last page and post it here instead since no one will notice

tumblr_lkj3ju5Ra81qhbshwo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpwl2lmixF1qcyraio1_500.gif

tumblr_lpwl2lmixF1qcyraio2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lpwj6rO8g01qcyraio2_500.gif

tumblr_lpwj6rO8g01qcyraio1_500.gif
tumblr_lpwhtlZITB1qcyraio1_r3_500.gif

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

tumblr_lpwh5wPliI1qcyraio1_r2_500.gif

Ranvier

DXPett1 said:
And they couldn't do this in Australia why? :(

Not enough rocks?
They were really scouting locations for their American Debut.

DXPett1 said:
I don't know man, the Genie remix/remake by C.J. Lewis was pretty f**king catchy and sets a precedence that it can be done (personally I would rather new songs if the set up from Gee/RDR/Hoot to the Japanese album is anything to go by)

Finally got around to watching this and holy shit, its so awesome. Who the hell is singing the SNSD's part, they did a pretty good job imitating them. Are there any other good remixes like this with SNSD/other k-pop?

And is there a full version of the song or is it only 2 minutes long?

For those who haven't heard it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1mYQXsRtcw

Damn that Yuri wink at 0:08. That girl's going to be the death of me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So this is the page where we quote images already posted? Can I quote my Seungyeon post?

Ranvier

Dice said:
So this is the page where we quote images already posted? Can I quote my Seungyeon post?

Yeah, been thinking about quoting my Hyo post again too. It'll help sexify this page a little more. Nana, plus Hyo is a win win.

Here's some Gyrui pics to make it a win win win.

x_c51eac24.jpg
x_b9234660.jpg
aeqy6a.jpg

47fc278c.jpg
kara_gyuri.jpg

gyuri3.jpg
tumblr_llflw4RJJN1qijtygo1_500.png

tumblr_lgouyyf4mm1qf1m3so1_500.jpg
tumblr_lbp31cGwMF1qc1gyjo1_500.png
tumblr_lf9xo84PKi1qdepgto1_500.png

tumblr_lgk8lgn8wR1qdephco1_500.png
tumblr_lgptet8Nub1qdepgto1_500.png
tumblr_lh1vmmMIGt1qe9tdro1_500.png

tumblr_lgbce3jfcp1qc1gyjo1_500.png
tumblr_lgy78igPzJ1qcntwzo1_500.png
tumblr_lgsc9fFebt1qgd4g4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lgjfeomlmz1qba9pko1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgbksg7ihf1qeu6d6o1_500.png
tumblr_lhfhpx3ft21qekv2yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lg9uueZn5r1qbr5ymo1_500.jpg
tumblr_le7o2w6iKn1qc1gyjo1_500.png
tumblr_lg4eta8UdR1qephfyo1_500.png

tumblr_lg07bnQBZl1qavdtwo1_500.png
tumblr_lfytyeWcfB1qgoodeo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lfn33zkR331qdepgto1_500.png

bingsuuu.jpg

137259.jpg

kyuri4.jpg

333740dd15129844474a374af9a9f5df1278949856_full.gif
tumblr_lghk7bMVCk1qdmxh2o1_500.gif

tumblr_lghkd10VY11qdmxh2o1_500.gif
tumblr_lghkahK7LD1qdmxh2o1_500.gif

tumblr_lghgnpNe4K1qc5n5jo1_500.gif
tumblr_lg9mpm8cMq1qcar25o1_500.gif

tumblr_lg4gud16Gi1qg8f49o1_500.gif
tumblr_lfsw9zYuMH1qcar25o1_500.gif

vx8Dr.gif
tumblr_lfm74wszOt1qeqwrj.gif

tumblr_lfnhuzYnm51qcar25o1_500.gif
0Fb3g.gif

tumblr_lftif8Bdyj1qdcel5o1_400.gif
tumblr_lfti80OjQY1qdcel5o1_400.gif
tumblr_lfti550HP31qdcel5o1_400.gif

VzKMx.gif

Dice

Yesssss... the light side is calling to you... drawing you back... come back to the light...

Edit:
HOT DAMN

Continue to look upon the goddess and she will lead you home.

Ranvier

Dice said:
Yesssss... the light side is calling to you... drawing you back... come back to the light...

Yeah, she is amazingly attractive. Though as I said before, like 7.667% of my attraction to her is because of her name, Gyuri. It also helps that I can probably pronounce it. She also has very nice teef.

And if Hyo's on the dark side of the force I'm going to have to pull a Vader; join the darkside and then do a presto changeo death-bed repentance. Her powers are too seductive to ignore.

tumblr_liym3fXMv61qampa3o1_500.png
i48Ba.jpg

tumblr_ljbna7wDEH1qgdfd9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lo6eogeFov1qcah93o1_500.gif

Salazar

Tiffany was selected to star in the stage musical ‘Fame’.

From November 25th onwards, audience will be able see Tiffany at Woori Financial Art Hall in Seoul Olympic Park as she was casted to play in a musical ‘Fame’. Tiffany will be playing the role of ‘Carmen Diaz’, who dreams to be a famous star in the shortest time possible.

‘Fame’ is a broadway musical based on the 1980 movie of the same title by director Alan Parker. The story reflects the dream and love of the students, who passed the strict auditions conducted by the PA Performing Arts School, which has the best reputation in the field of arts.

Besides Tiffany, this upcoming musical will be graced by a star studded line-up, consisting of Son HoYoung, Super Junior’s EunHyuk, CSJH’s Lina, Trax’s Jung Mo and other idol stars.

So far, among SNSD’s members, Jessica and Taeyeon were also previously involved in musicals. Taeyeon took part in ‘Midnight Sun’ while Jessica played Elle Woods in ‘Legally Blonde’.

Credit: starin.edaily.co.kr

RnHN6.gif

DXPett1

Ranvier said:
Finally got around to watching this and holy shit, its so awesome. Who the hell is singing the SNSD's part, they did a pretty good job imitating them. Are there any other good remixes like this with SNSD/other k-pop?

And is there a full version of the song or is it only 2 minutes long?

For those who haven't heard it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1mYQXsRtcw

Damn that Yuri wink at 0:08. That girl's going to be the death of me.

Here's the official one dude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnEiEJmSyvA

Annnnnd the album with the full verison:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICE-1178

Ranvier said:

OMG Sith Sica is awesome!

tumblr_lmid22ySmO1qj60veo1_400.gif

Fafnir

It was revealed on August 25th that KBS is planning to launch season 2 of its popular variety program, “Invincible Youth“, this coming fall.

The PD of the first season, Kim Ho Sang, will reprise his director’s megaphone once again. He revealed, “We are now in the planning stages for season 2 and are aiming for broadcast this coming fall.”

The original concept revolved around idol girl group members and their experience on living and surviving in rural Korea. Season 1 was shot outside of Uchi-ri in Hongcheon, Gangwon-do.

PD Kim added, “Because we are still planning, we are undecided on whether to stay in Uchi-ri or find a new place to film. But it’s most likely we will have new cast members for this second season.”

The first season ended in December of 2010.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/kbs-plans-to-air-invincible-youth-season-2-this-fall

Invincible Youth Season 2 this fall. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't come back as IY after Sunny and Yuri left was pretty meh, but I guess there was no way that those 2 could be replaced. /fingerscrossed for Shinyoung and Sunny MC duo.

llmLO.gif
cBDB9.gif
7ukLy.gif

If Shinyoung doesn't MC then I hope Shin Bongsun does it as she is really stepping up as a MC.

yjMf2.gif

Niks

So now that SNSD new album is just around the corner what are the chances of them returning to variety shows, doing radio shows etc?

Or are they now so mega that they dont really need/ have time to promote as they did in the past?

Fafnir

Niks said:
So now that SNSD new album is just around the corner what are the chances of them returning to variety shows, doing radio shows etc?

Or are they now so mega that they dont really need/ have time to promote as they did in the past?

Guest spots on variety/radio show are usually a given when they are promoting. I hope the TaeNy rumor on RM is real. I don't think we will see them in a Hello Baby type show that revolves solely around them for a long time as they are past that phase, I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see them go back to that level as those shows are to intro the general public about them and everyone in Korea knows who they are by now. Although since 1N2D is going to be gone by the end of this year, KBS would be smart to create a program just for SNSD.

Fany doing the musical is hope that the other members will be doing other gigs. Yoona doing a dramady series or even a movie would be awesome. Taeyeon back on radio would be sex.

HnTgD.gif

watching all about girls generation in phuket DVD.

Started the variety in phuket disk, its very running man-ish ep 1 where they find clue and run around and find more clues.

Jessica is exactly the same as when she was on running man, refuses to run and has the biggest CBF face ever lolol

BKXB

Economist
Hey peeps,

My gf is off to Korea with her three cousins from Sept 15 - Oct 1.

Back in 2009 we were lucky enough to catch the Asia Song Festival (lots of k-pop acts); unfortunately looks like the festival is on Oct 15th this year.

I've tried to google for korean concert listings but haven't turned up much. My gf's a huge Big Bang fan, but I think they'd enjoy any k-pop type concert. Anyone have any leads?

Dice

I wonder who they'll get for IYs2 with so many groups promoting in Japan.

Ashhong said:
Ham is spot on

/trollface
fDKfC.gif

Look what you did.

zse9A.gif

Hey Dice, how much is the group buy at the Kara forums?
Unknown since the regular edition prices have not been revealed.

Ranvier

Alta1r said:
I hope they get Jong Kook to take over Taewoo's role.

Gyuri would be nice, I'd like to see more of her. The amount of Kara tumblur's out there is minuscule compared to SNSD. Getting Jiyoun and Enjung on there would be awesome as well.

And if Fany has time to be on a Broadway show, what the hell are the other girls doing? Spending time with the families? Phff, those girls are starting to get lazy, they need to get back to work. That show must eat up like 2-3 days a week which means the other girls have that time free too. A show where they lock Hyo, Taengoo and Yuri in a room and just have a camera on them would be fantastic and a ratings Juggernaut.

Ashhong

BKXB said:
Hey peeps,

My gf is off to Korea with her three cousins from Sept 15 - Oct 1.

Back in 2009 we were lucky enough to catch the Asia Song Festival (lots of k-pop acts); unfortunately looks like the festival is on Oct 15th this year.

I've tried to google for korean concert listings but haven't turned up much. My gf's a huge Big Bang fan, but I think they'd enjoy any k-pop type concert. Anyone have any leads?

I dont know about specific concerts, but you can always try to get into the weekly music shows. I remember a website where they talked about how hard/crazy it is to get into but it sounds like fun.

Ji Hyo has got nothing on Tae Hee and Kim Sa Rang. Same goes for Ha Ji Won. She is definitely not ugly, but Ji Won's face is pretty plain looking, at least in that photo above, imo.

Dice

Sohyun just keeps on looking better.

MQYT6.jpg

She has good charisma, too. Could do solo work.

Biscuits

Xvm04.jpg

Wow, might just be the angle/clothing but he looks... skinny in this. wtf.

Edit: Okay, probably because the bag is covering half his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom