• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
True. The cake itself is actually pretty awesome. It's more the whipping it away and saying "OK TIME TO PRACTICE" lol

Oh right, haha. Touching ending, as always.

Speaking of, was it you that watched 4minute's Mr Teacher? The prank with the smelly feet was so sad...

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Speaking of, was it you that watched 4minute's Mr Teacher? The prank with the smelly feet was so sad...

Nope. Still catching up on massive SNSD backlog. Girls Go To School is very, very cool. Not sure what's next.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
Nope. Still catching up on massive SNSD backlog. Girls Go To School is very, very cool. Not sure what's next.

Finish IY? I dont think theres much left other than variety shows, nothing that follows them like that. Watch Family Outing, there are eps with Tiffany, Yoona, Taeyeon I think also. Then there's Dream Team with a few of them also. I'm out of shows to watch too :(

I mostly watch the Star Golden Bell shows now, which are pretty hilarious

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Finish IY? I dont think theres much left other than variety shows, nothing that follows them like that. Watch Family Outing, there are eps with Tiffany, Yoona, Taeyeon I think also. Then there's Dream Team with a few of them also.

That's probably it. There's a heap of IY I haven't seen. The one show I was disappointed with was some travel agent island getaway thing for singles. Tiffany was on it, but the hosts were just so crap.

God bless Soshi Subs and Pikeyenny.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
That's probably it. There's a heap of IY I haven't seen. The one show I was disappointed with was some travel agent island getaway thing for singles. Tiffany was on it, but the hosts were just so crap.

God bless Soshi Subs and Pikeyenny.

Ah, you should watch Oh! My School on pikeyenny. Hilarious variety show, though SNSD not really a part of it, except for Yuri in one episode.

panda21

watch running man!

it has Hara and Jessica in the early eiposodes and really the guests don't matter because YJS is so baller

Salazar

lol Taeyeon Ep 8.

"Now I am not afraid of the camera".

No kidding.

panda21 said:
she's put funny animated things over all the pictures so it looks like myspace, geocities and a 14 year old girl's custom IM smileys threw up on it

Holy shit. Was not expecting it to be that bad.

Salazar

Page needs visuals.

7aNgX.gif

PR5Vt.gif

rCfqM.jpg

There is a new subbed Night Star featuring SNSD out on Soshified. Fuck yes.

Edit: Ah, it's the full version of the one that was truncated earlier.

Salazar

panda21 said:
awww

is it just me or Hyuna looks like she has had something done to her face?

I've given up trying to tell.

I'm struck by the resemblance between Fany (as she is now) and her sister, though.

PG5zV.gif

Pgxpe.gif

^^^^^^ Crazy eyes maknae.

0RsOe.gif

Ashhong

panda21 said:
awww

is it just me or Hyuna looks like she has had something done to her face?

Hyuna has always looked like that, and by that I mean kind of funny in the face. Her hair makes it look more different though.

panda21

Sunny

A reader who is totally caught up with “1Q84” by Haruki Murakami

Born in ‘89. Sunny, whose sole hobby is reading, even reads Murakami Haruki’s 1Q84 while waiting. ”Murakami Haruki is also popular in Korea and he’s always been an author I’ve wanted to read stories from. In this book many people’s lives get intertwined in a complex way, so it’s really interesting. Because I get lonely after I finish reading, I plan on reading it as slow as possible (laughs).” If you were only able to bring one book to a deserted island, which one would it be? ”Because I can’t decide between Slam dunk or One Piece, and since the One Piece series is still on-going, I pick Slam Dunk*.” That Sunny’s motto is ‘Let’s enjoy life!’

this is weird but I've been wondering does Sunny know Japanese well enough to read it?! or did it get translated in Korea already? its not published in english until this summer

Ashhong said:
I could have sworn you lived in LA? Didn't you want to catch I Saw the Devil in LA? No you wont be the only white guy haha. But you would definitely be in the minority.

oops, double post

I live in Fresno but go and visit friends down there. Not really that much of a drive.

Ashhong

CaptYamato said:
I live in Fresno but go and visit friends down there. Not really that much of a drive.

Well then just drive down for KMF haha. But wait, not much of a drive? It's like 6+ hours no? Big drive to me lol

Salazar

fOdTu.gif

The remainder of Night Star 28 is pretty good. When Onew puts his head out of the window, there is a life-threatening crowd surge of screaming girls.

Igo

Salazar said:
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/karas-trio-to-hold-a-press-conference-this-week

KARA to hold a press conference about their situation this week.
Wtf! 13 year contracts and less than a grand a month...

I do hope the girls in SNSD are making bank with all their success.

Anyone else find it a bit strange that they still live in a dorm/apartment together? Maybe they prefer it though.

Also, post links to these shows you're watching guys. I wouldn't have discovered Hello Baby without those youtube links.

Fafnir

I read somewhere that SNSD split's their income 9 ways no matter what, even solo activities. Other groups split what they do as a group and individual members that does solo activities keep what they earn for themselves.

Anyways, dem hips of Yuri can be seen from a distance, best S line by far:

ORA6S.gif

grnh5.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Salazar said:
Ok. I had just about got to grips with "bagel girl". Apple hip wtf ?
It's simple. Koreans are either too polite to directly refer to someone's ass or only have one word for both (I haven't looked into it) so they say hip. What we call Kara's butt dance, they call a hip dance.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF D-D-D-DAAAAAAMN!!

*that gif of the guy who wipes his mouth and slowly stands to applause*

Fafnir said:
I read somewhere that SNSD split's their income 9 ways no matter what, even solo activities. Other groups split what they do as a group and individual members that does solo activities keep what they earn for themselves.
4minute splits it evenly. Those girls must love Hyuna.

Ashhong

Dice said:
It's simple. Koreans are either too polite to directly refer to someone's ass or only have one word for both (I haven't looked into it) so they say hip. What we call Kara's butt dance, they call a hip dance.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF D-D-D-DAAAAAAMN!!

*that gif of the guy who wipes his mouth and slowly stands to applause*

4minute splits it evenly. Those girls must love Hyuna.

They call it the butt dance too...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ashhong said:
They call it the butt dance too...
Huh? I've only seen it referred to as the hip dance on every korean show and article I saw it on. The only one to do it different is the soshified subbed IY.

Ashhong

Dice said:
Huh? I've only seen it referred to as the hip dance on every korean show and article I saw it on. The only one to do it different is the soshified subbed IY.

Really? Every show I've seen I've seen it say the butt dance lol. Weird.

Well the word they say in Korean on IY and some other ones is uh....how to say this.."ung deung ee" which is like the most polite way of saying butt.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
Invincible Youth Ep 2 coming up.

[Yes, I have never watched it. My IY viewing has always been playfully random].

Hm, it was either Ep 1 or 2 that made me cry big man tears. Have fun!

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Hm, it was either Ep 1 or 2 that made me cry big man tears. Have fun!

They just got their collective stash of snacks confiscated.

lol Yuri: "Taewoo, don't talk about me too much. I'm not an easy girl".

Salazar

I love when Goo-Hara is scrubbing the floor, and then realises she has a camera to herself and starts waving and dancing in front of it.

Vkz2T.jpg

Salazar

panda21 said:
did you watch the first one yet? the phone calls on that were harrowing if i remember correctly

Nope. I haven't watched Ep 1.

IY holds up amazingly no matter how you watch it, though.

9jWci.gif

Ashhong

Salazar said:
IY Episode 3.

Phone calls, Ash.

This must have been the cause of your man tears.

Yes, yes they were. Ah, episode 3 had the grandmother phone calls right? Got it mixed up with the "significant other" phone calls from episode 1. Man...that stuff was so sad.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Yes, yes they were. Ah, episode 3 had the grandmother phone calls right?

Yeah. Hyomin's Grandma says she always boasts to the other grandmothers that Hyomin is the prettiest in T-ara.

XvlX8.gif

zjRpZ.gif

ynq2e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom