• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

wing_zero8556 said:
not sure if i like the new soshi concept =\

Teaser in a few days. We need to see more. Soshi have too much charisma to read too much into a photo.

AoAJD.gif

I have faith.

In the photo from the MV shoot that Jaewon tweeted - with the hands making stars - they seemed to have some almost sci-fi stuff going on with their arms. Like a silvery forearm plate. So that's weird.

Biscuits

More info straight from a supposed SM rep's mouth:
Credit goes to snsdseeker.

“The title track of SNSD’s upcoming album will be a track with influences from the sweet tunes of European music boxes from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, coupled with light electronic sounds to make the track sound more upbeat and modernized. The entire album’s concept will expand on the “aristocratic European lady” concept that was not portrayed in the songs of their first Japanese album but included with the covers and photos for that album. The song will showcase SNSD’s powerful, sweet vocals in a unique song portraying a far more mature side to SNSD. Instead of returning as nine girls, SNSD return to Korea as nine ladies, retaining their feminine characteristics yet becoming far more mature.”

The song is said to be about society’s stereotyping of the duties of ladies, and of a desire to be different yet unable to break free of society’s demand for the behavior of women. The song is said to be dreamy yet catchy in a completely fresh and unique style, as well as dark and sinister.The music video for the album is said to be “adorned with elaborate costumes and sets. The video will alternate between shots of the girls dancing in elegant yet choreography-friendly shortened ballet dresses, and with shots of the members dancing in long, large couture dresses inspired by the grand dresses worn by aristocratic women within the French court of Versailles. These shots will require SNSD to dance in burdensome clothing, wigs and accessories, and will truly show off SNSD’s ability to dance without revealing their legs, and they will rely on movements within their upper bodies and most importantly their arms. This will allow the public to see that SNSD is able to dance even without their famous beautiful legs exposed. There will also be shots of the members desperately running along a dark corridor dimly lit by candles. The song will consist of dark, almost gothic, Gregorian notes in order to capture the desperate longing for freedom, but also sweet melodies to express the power of dreams for liberty. The ballet dress shots are easiest to film in, and will allow SNSD to present their familiar synchronized, sophisticated choreography. The members’ hair will also be powdered and volumised like the last Queen of France, Marie Antoinette, who influenced the album’s concept.”

The album is said to contain a fair amount of ballads with huge influences from piano and string instruments, as well as music boxes. There will also be an experimental track containing rock overtones yet also coupled by the usual catchy electronic dance beats of SNSD.Be sure to support the girls by purchasing their album, due to be released next month!”
Serious Business.

Loving these Taecyeon image macros:

1StX1.jpg

qbYVJ.jpg

W8R4F.jpg

Salazar

I hope it doesn't involve powdering already very pale faces.

Seohyun must be loving this.

I'm betting this is one of the concepts/styles. Tiff is wearing a silvery thing on her forearm

6525b.jpg

Like in this pic.

JGTVw.jpg

And they never appeared anywhere looking like they did in that shot.

/tumblr-grade analysis.

Salazar

To summarise:

I have no earthly idea what is going on. Maybe they're arranging things in some kind of (historically naïve) sequence of strong female images through the ages.

Narsha so fierce.

RqVcY.gif

lol, Yuri messed up an autograph. Cross it out and mark it NO.

UR4R7.jpg

Ashhong

These shots will require SNSD to dance in burdensome clothing, wigs and accessories, and will truly show off SNSD’s ability to dance without revealing their legs, and they will rely on movements within their upper bodies and most importantly their arms

This better be just for the MV. Or else DO NOT WANT.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
This better be just for the MV. Or else DO NOT WANT.

Pretty sure idol groups won't go on MuCore, MuBank, and Inkigayo and not really dance.

There's probably a law.

Qje2H.gif

New Goobne CF is due soon, too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
1) Victorian aristocrats? This just deepens my suspicions that SM and KKS are making bets with each other on who can pull off the craziest shit.

2) That whole description is really laying the bullshit on thick. It will sound like a kpop song. That is all.

3) Do not want.

Peru

'Dr Feel Good' is a great track. Would like something like that, but this doesn't sound like a 'dirrty' track at all and I have no idea how the aristocrat thing translates into music.

However the lyrics description gets me excited, despite the PR bull, because I think it means Kenzie might've written the Korean lyrics since she's usually the experimental one in that department and already explored those themes in the underrated 'One More Chance'.

Lol example of Korean agencies not being able to describe sounds:

the song is "sweet" "light", "mature", "dark" and "sinister".

Salazar said:
Pretty sure idol groups won't go on MuCore, MuBank, and Inkigayo and not really dance.

There's probably a law.

Qje2H.gif

New Goobne CF is due soon, too.

Best avatar ever. It won most annoying avatar of all-time in a landslide.

Deadly

Seems like the ban just occurred minutes ago.

In other news I just got unbanned myself. Losing all your subscriptions suck pretty bad. I had some epic threads saved there =(

n57cF.jpg

xuDlf.jpg

Peru

Not sure he will survive being banned for the Soshi comeback. If you see someone starting an SNSD thread on another forum it's bound to be him.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AoAJD.gif

He'll be back soon.

Deadly

Biscuits said:
Haha welcome back deadly. What'd you get banned for?
I "discussed" manga in an anime thread when I was not suppose to.

Peru said:
Not sure he will survive being banned for the Soshi comeback. If you see someone starting an SNSD thread on another forum it's bound to be him.
Didn't he start a blog or something last time he was banned? Or was that someone else?

KWyny.jpg

Peru said:

Hopefully he returns to CC for awhile. Richard, if you are reading this sign on to CC and read your messages.

Edit: Eatchildern, please make that the gif you post after you ban someone.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
When does the new SNSD album drop?

Biscuits

Ashhong said:
Dice started a blog when he was banned.

Taeyeon looks FANTASTIC with long hair. I want it back.
Seems like she's going for a more mature look now. Don't think she'll be going back anytime soon :(((

Deadly

Biscuits said:
Seems like she's going for a more mature look now. Don't think she'll be going back anytime soon :(((
I couldn't find a sad Taeyeon so here's Jessica
l72Wk.jpg

How you guys find stuff on tumblr's so easily amazes me. I need to learn, google search stinks for this =(

Biscuits

Still haven't figured out how to search multiple tags yet, but the fuckyeah-snsdreactions tumblr that Sal posted is pretty good (it has an actual tags page).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom