• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I tried figuring this out last night, but couldn't really work it out. So maybe someone in here can help me:

Do the women in a group like Girls Generation actually make money? I mean, I see they do a ton of product endorsements and some of the members even have individual deals with yet more companies, but I'm just thinking about how many people need to get paid in this situation.

I imagine they have to deal with the same kind of setups as other groups, with managers, record executives, etc. getting a significant portion of the their profits. Then they have to split whatever they have between 9 people?

It just seems crazy.

Biscuits

Ranvier said:
And yeah, even though I still haven't seen the second SNSD RM episode yet, all signs point to team Taengoo and Seohyun being the overall winners. I await the avatar you have for me Biscuits and I shall wear it with shame for the next month.
Mwahaha...

I don't think anyone of us on team Taengoo really prepared anything anyways, so you're off the hook (for now...)

wing_zero8556 said:
Kid leader picks the backpack, lol.

Biscuits

morningbus said:
I tried figuring this out last night, but couldn't really work it out. So maybe someone in here can help me:

Do the women in a group like Girls Generation actually make money? I mean, I see they do a ton of product endorsements and some of the members even have individual deals with yet more companies, but I'm just thinking about how many people need to get paid in this situation.

I imagine they have to deal with the same kind of setups as other groups, with managers, record executives, etc. getting a significant portion of the their profits. Then they have to split whatever they have between 9 people?

It just seems crazy.
I hear they're at least millionaires by now, which probably isn't much when compared to the biggest western artists but is still pretty good.

Don't know how accurate this is but it seems like this guy has some solid figures: http://oniontaker.tumblr.com/post/10841653710/i-remember-last-time-somebody-asked-you-about-how-much#axzz1bBoE8cwC

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Biscuits said:
I hear they're at least millionaires by now, which probably isn't much when compared to the biggest western artists but is still pretty good.

Don't know how accurate this is but it seems like this guy has some solid figures: http://oniontaker.tumblr.com/post/10841653710/i-remember-last-time-somebody-asked-you-about-how-much#axzz1bBoE8cwC

Thanks for that. Really interesting to read. I can't imagine that every member gets an equal share of the group's profits, though.

Peru

morningbus said:
Thanks for that. Really interesting to read. I can't imagine that every member gets an equal share of the group's profits, though.

Differs from group to group but SNSD members put the earnings from their individual deals in their own pockets, so Yoona's probably on top in terms of money.

Don't piss Jiyeon off:

P1vjM.gif

RXjox.gif

Ashhong

Peru said:
Differs from group to group but SNSD members put the earnings from their individual deals in their own pockets, so Yoona's probably on top in terms of money.

Yup. Seems better to do it this way then, sharing individual promotions with the group, which I think T-ara does? Or maybe it was Secret.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
vanty said:
Are those bruises under her knees? She has one on at least one knee in the MV, you'd think they'd spend 30 seconds to cover that with makeup or something.
I just went back through that site. Sadly, I think the right side is a scar. :( Not sure about the left side, that is new.

May - Ouch!
Q1RPz.jpg

June - Not done healing, looks tampered with, possibly making a scar later.
xRfeD.jpg

Sept - Not so bad. Makeup? Maybe leggings make it look darker...
vx3jM.jpg

October - New bruise on other side
WBNjl.jpg

Bruised/scarred knees or not, her legs are hot!

I wake up to Pho getting banned ...
.man that thread took out a lot of people.

I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Also, do any of you guys sleep? Goddam....lol

Dice

Ashhong said:
Yup. Seems better to do it this way then, sharing individual promotions with the group, which I think T-ara does? Or maybe it was Secret.
4minute shares earnings from individual work, or should I say Hyunah shares.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
EraldoCoil said:

well deserved ban.

but uh, i get 5-7 hours sleep a night.

EraldoCoil said:

I tired to go to sleep early last night but someone kept texting me!

Dice

Ashhong said:
That is just sad and unfair. I don't see the other girls doing jack shit on their own to make up for it.
Jihyun is in a drama now but yeah for a long time none of them had anything going. I always said they must love her for bringing in the dough and that's why they all seem okay with it being Hyunah & The 4minutes.

Dice

Sympathy is weird? Okay, sociopath. :p
Sports fans keep track of injuries, and Kpop has a lot of similar dynamics to sports.

sKs4d.jpg

Yewon @ IY ♡

Alta1r

Aight, The Boys is definitely moving up the ranks. It's got a way of sticking in your head. I agree with Ashhong overall though, the song is pretty sexy except the chorus.

On that note, anyone know of a way to get the Korean version of The Boys and the Japanese version of Mr. Taxi on iTunes in the US? I am an iTunes n00b and have been unsuccessful for the last twenty minutes trying to find these two songs.

tumblr_ltbv9tb4Z31qd704zo2_500.gif

tumblr_ltbullaagi1qd704zo1_500.gif

tumblr_ltbullaagi1qd704zo4_250.gif

Also, did Phono get permabanned??

Salazar

Alta1r said:

Dunno. Phono, communicate through the tumblr.

Secret's Reaction to SNSD's "The Boys"

Girl group Secret voiced out wonders of awe after watching SNSD's music video for "The Boys."

Through the OSEN interview on October 19, the members of Secret expressed their thoughts on SNSD's new music video. They said, "We saw SNSD sunbaenims' (address of respect for seniors) music video today. Even to us, they were so awesome."

Secret's Sun Hwa said, "SNSD was so beautiful in the music video. I thought, 'This is SNSD,'" as she put her thumbs up.

Ji Eun said, "The director for our music video and SNSD's music video is the same person. He has shot our music videos since our debut but this time, he also shot SNSD's music video. The director shot SNSD's music video before ours so we joked, 'Do you like the SNSD unnis more than us?'"

Hyo Sung said, "The fact that we could stand on stage with the SNSD sunbaenims is such an honor. We know this is a great opportunity and we will try very hard."

Secret released their first official album "Moving in Secret" on October 18 while SNSD released their third album "The Boys" on October 19.

zlVQL.gif
VMdP3.gif

YoonHye twitter

SYhCP.jpg

Swag

Alta1r said:
On that note, anyone know of a way to get the Korean version of The Boys and the Japanese version of Mr. Taxi on iTunes in the US? I am an iTunes n00b and have been unsuccessful for the last twenty minutes trying to find these two songs.
I'm pretty sure the only SNSD songs on the US Itunes store are The Boys and it's Instrumental, the album isn't on there yet so you'll have to wait.

Alta1r said:
Wasn't he a junior?

Dice

I saw that video, all the guys are like O_____O and D: for Nicole.

Hammie is so cute ^_^

Jing will fit right in for IY.

Hara fighting her club girl instincts (she parties with Hyori & Dambi)

Alta1r

Sebulon3k said:
Here

On a lighter note, after watching RM 39, my opinion of Sunny has shot through the roof, Thanks Conceptor!

Lol, sounds like Phono. He was a member, not a junior. And damn, that thread really was a bloodbath. I stopped counting how many people got banned after the first three pages.

Sebulon3k said:
I'm pretty sure the only SNSD songs on the US Itunes store are The Boys and it's Instrumental, the album isn't on there yet so you'll have to wait.

Wasn't he a junior?
I think most of the albums are on iTunes.

Swag

CaptYamato said:
I think most of the albums are on iTunes.
Ah nvm I was wrong, I didn't see that Itunes filters results based on what section you were coming from. Kinda dumb.

Alta1r if you just search the store for Girls' Generation it'll come up.

Alta1r

Sebulon3k said:
Ah nvm I was wrong, I didn't see that Itunes filters results based on what section you were coming from. Kinda dumb.

Alta1r if you just search the store for Girls' Generation it'll come up.

Hmm, I've tried that with no luck. I can only find the English version and the instrumental. How do you turn that section filter off?

Conceptor

Sebulon3k said:
On a lighter note, after watching RM 39, my opinion of Sunny has shot through the roof, Thanks Conceptor!
Told you so! :). I know you're just watching random episodes right now, but start watching them from the beginning on isubs!

Raiku said:
Suzy where?!? Looking good so far though. Aw damn looks like vordhosbn got banned in there too. What a graveyard.
Yeah. I noticed that too.. vord was cool too. Tread lightly guys.

Can't wait for IY to start.
QJoy8.jpg
xjLaN.jpg

sVg3R.jpg
zLazp.jpg

QSW8u.jpg
QKh4T.jpg

Qri @__@

Dice

Conceptor said:
QKh4T.jpg

Qri @__@
OMG yes I approve of it now. I didn't understand the context before.

Also OC I understand why you like C-Real now that I have my good headphones back. The bass is delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom