• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Minkyung
ijL5U2.jpg

Eunjung (more to T-ara to come later)
ijHrMA.jpg

4minute is coming back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYcqX4E4jRc
Gayoon is bringing her sexy legs.

Sealda

Banned
Ashhong said:
Whoa what the hell happened? Dammit Dice, right when the comeback is going to happen!

I am not sure, but i think it went down like this.

Dice friends friend or Dice friend (im not sure) is engaged to a soldier in Afghanistan. Dice had been told by that friend or that friends friend that a return flight carrying 240 soldiers home from Afghanistan had been shot down and that the friends husband was on it. Dice posted this in the veterans thread and a couple of people told him that this news deserved its own thread. Dice, therefore posted a thread about it.

Very soon people were divided into 2 camps. Those, who called it bullshit and those who believed it. Those who believed it claimed that before news are released to the public by the media the military needs to inform the relatives of the dead personally. A former military also confirmed this, saying it often takes 1-3 days before its released to the public.

The longer time went, the more angry people started flooding the thread claiming that Dice, had faked it all and had caused such an emotional impact on people with these false claims that he should get banned. It did not help that Dice have posted here since 2004 and that he never before have been trolling, however that did not matter to a mod who banned Dice.

People, in Dice defense talked about Dices immaculate posting history of 7 years and the fact that people everyday make false claims in the Japan earthquake and Libya thread without any repercussion.

I do not think he is perma-Banned.

EDIT: I now i just got juniored...feck

Fafnir

I just went and read that thread, I don't think Dice is permad. It's just standard GAF procedure, put the inmate in solitary confinement to let the heat die off him and also to satiate the ban mob. I'd say being juniored is more of a slap in the face as that seems to be permanent.

Some 4minute stuff in honor of Dice.

Sunny singing Hot Issue. So sexy when she changes it up at :50, sounds like she autotunes her own voice.

DN7Ey.gif

Hyuna gifs from Change.
boom boom boom!
1S6AZ.gif
Qd70J.gif

0EaZ8.gif
Q9pJR.gif

RNEFM.gif
DCXV4.gif

Xilium

Alright, I'm on the last two episodes of IY. What should I be watching next?

Also, Hyuna goes through the biggest transformation between her normal self and her stage persona that I've seen so far.

Ashhong

Xilium said:
Alright, I'm on the last two episodes of IY. What should I be watching next?

Also, Hyuna goes through the biggest transformation between her normal self and her stage persona that I've seen so far.

Family Outing, easily. Same spirit as IY I would say.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying Running Man. So much so that I am watching it without subs because I couldn't wait for new episodes lol. Luckily I understand most of it...

Damn, those outfits make YaYaYa seem like a good song.

Xilium

Fafnir said:
What have you watched so far? Which member/shows did you like?
I've only primarily watched SNSD focused shows so far. Thus far I've seen Girls go to School, Factory Girls, IY, and the SNSD focused Star Kings. As for my favorite member, It would have to be Sunny by far. IY basically sealed that deal (though I had a good feeling about her from just seeing pictures of the group).

Ashhong said:
Family Outing, easily. Same spirit as IY I would say.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying Running Man. So much so that I am watching it without subs because I couldn't wait for new episodes lol. Luckily I understand most of it...
Yeah I was contemplating Family Outing but then saw how many episodes there were and got hesitant. Might as well get it out of the way though so I guess I'll start on those. Thank ya.

Conceptor

Nooo Dice :(. I just got here too!

I'm a bit biased towards Taengoo, but who am I really kidding - they're all gorgeous. T-ara, KARA, 4 Minute, etc.

tumblr_lir3uxtHd11qbjf2n.gif

tumblr_lipse4xL411qi4akro1_500.jpg

tumblr_lipm19usF51qdsg3eo1_500.png

tumblr_liqk28I3aS1qbj3pso1_500.jpg

Also, Running Man is the shit. Korean variety shows are awesome haha.

panda21

Xilium said:
I've only primarily watched SNSD focused shows so far. Thus far I've seen Girls go to School, Factory Girls, IY, and the SNSD focused Star Kings. As for my favorite member, It would have to be Sunny by far. IY basically sealed that deal (though I had a good feeling about her from just seeing pictures of the group).

Yeah I was contemplating Family Outing but then saw how many episodes there were and got hesitant. Might as well get it out of the way though so I guess I'll start on those. Thank ya.

i'd try branching out with something like T-ara's hello baby or dream girls.

Kara bakery is pretty good too and not very long.

edit:
is the new 4minute today? i think i remember it being the 28th which has already happened in Korea. nothing about it on allkpop that i could see. did find this though:
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/yoo-jae-suk-looks-like-justin-bieber

Ashhong

Xilium said:

If you havent seen Hello Baby, watch that as well. As for Family Outing, I only watch the episodes with celebrities I care about. Someone made a list like last week of good ones too.

panda21 said:
i'd try branching out with something like T-ara's hello baby or dream girls.

Kara bakery is pretty good too and not very long.

edit:
is the new 4minute today? i think i remember it being the 28th which has already happened in Korea. nothing about it on allkpop that i could see. did find this though:
http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/yoo-jae-suk-looks-like-justin-bieber

lol "his hairstyle looks like justin biebers"

like 90% of the korean idols have that hair haha

4minute comeback is on the 29th. Duno what time, but it will probably be in about 12 hours or so.

DXPett1

Been watching ALOT of Golden Bell lately (all SNSD based) and I must say even though all these variety shows have alot of funny moments nothing tops the Wonderful Outing Olympic episode and the Night Star episodes.

WO for Tiffany, Hyoyeon and MCs dancing madness and NS and the brillant work by the MCs. Just genuinely funny stuff!

Fafnir said:

jap_ohhellsyeah.gif

Fafnir

Xilium said:

Sunny fan? Horror Movie Factory and Hello Baby. Sunny really started to showcase her variety skills in these shows. Another show that really shows Sunny's variety effect is SBS Ya Shim Man Man 2 EP 53. Sunny arrives late for the taping but once she joins the show she really changes the atmosphere.

22omw.gif

I just watched Happy Shares Company: SNSD Yoona vs Big Bang Seungri. Not sure how I missed this show, it has so many classic SNSD and Big Bang moments. It was filmed in 2007 a couple months after GirlsGoToSchool when both groups are pretty carefree about their image.

Some highlights:
-Seungri scrubbing toilets.
-Yoona and Seohyun going to high-school together and the girls in Yoona's class rooting for Seungri.
-Tons of idol cameos. One Yoona mission is to get a hug from Jessica's crush Daniel Henney, it's cute seeing Jessica use the chance to sneak her own hug.
-Big Bang fanboying over Hyori.
-Waking up SNSD, this show might be the origin of Taeyeon sleeping with her eyes open.

rb4Xw.jpg
N2iqA.gif
a2N7j.gif

Xilium

I don't like kids but it sounds like Hello Baby is a must so I'll watch those (the T-ara ones as well). I've got to get all these backlogged variety shows out of the way before I start classes in the fall.

On another note, is there any reason why I can't find anything from Kara on iTunes? I've had little to no problems with any of the others groups, just had to type in Korean for a few of them, but I can't find anything other than a few cover songs for Kara.

Ashhong

Xilium said:
I don't like kids but it sounds like Hello Baby is a must so I'll watch those (the T-ara ones as well). I've got to get all these backlogged variety shows out of the way before I start classes in the fall.

On another note, is there any reason why I can't find anything from Kara on iTunes? I've had little to no problems with any of the others groups, just had to type in Korean for a few of them, but I can't find anything other than a few cover songs for Kara.

The kid on SNSD's HB is much better than T-ara's imo. He's just a baby vs the brats on T-ara's. I found myself annoyed half the time at the "May" family. Who names all their childs in english with names like that? Maden, Mason, Mavin. Weird...

Ashhong

Peru said:
I know quite a few families where the first letter is the same for all the kids.

Its not just the first letter though.

Dont get me wrong, I know its common in America. Hell its even common in Korea with Korean names. My siblings and I all have the same family name. Its just having the same American names in Korea is a bit weird.

smurfx

get some go again
Ashhong said:
Shes got a weird mouth/cheeks!

Hyomin all the way baby :D
hyomin is climbing up the ranks. she is currently behind tiffany from snsd but will probably surpass her since tiffany is way too skinny right now.

Ashhong

CaptYamato said:
THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS ASH!

I will fight in Hyomins honor any day of the week.

Hyomin also has pictures out there where critics have complained that shes way too skinny. I say we wait until SNSD comes back before you judge Tiffany's perfect body.

panda21

Ashhong said:
The kid on SNSD's HB is much better than T-ara's imo. He's just a baby vs the brats on T-ara's. I found myself annoyed half the time at the "May" family. Who names all their childs in english with names like that? Maden, Mason, Mavin. Weird...

i never watch the SNSD HB but wat wat wat. the T-ara babies are ballers. the oldest one just ignores Hyomin, its hilarious.

Ashhong

panda21 said:
i never watch the SNSD HB but wat wat wat. the T-ara babies are ballers. the oldest one just ignores Hyomin, its hilarious.

I have 2 nieces that can be pretty big brats so I can no longer stand kids like that. I've only watched the first couple of episodes of the T-ara one and wasn't really liking it as much. I'll still finish it though. It's a completely different show when they have to take care of 3 kids, and 2 of them are old enough to talk and be brats lol.

vanty

I was just looking at some stuff about Infinite Challenge and realised Jae Suk hosts two really popular shows that air back to back on different channels. Must be the only person in the world to do something like that, what a beast ahah.

Ashhong said:
Its not just the first letter though.

Dont get me wrong, I know its common in America. Hell its even common in Korea with Korean names. My siblings and I all have the same family name. Its just having the same American names in Korea is a bit weird.
Aren't the kids in T-ara HB originally from Canada or something? I only watched 2 episodes before quitting because of how crappy it was compared to the SNSD one so maybe I misunderstood. Maybe one of the parents is Canadian/American or something? Still weird whatever the situation is.

Fafnir said:
Could someone please make that into an avatar? I can't even do something as basic as cropping a gif.

Ashhong

vanty said:
I was just looking at some stuff about Infinite Challenge and realised Jae Suk hosts two really popular shows that air back to back on different channels. Must be the only person in the world to do something like that, what a beast ahah.

Aren't the kids in T-ara HB originally from Canada or something? I only watched 2 episodes before quitting because of how crappy it was compared to the SNSD one so maybe I misunderstood. Maybe one of the parents is Canadian/American or something? Still weird whatever the situation is.

Could someone please make that into an avatar? I can't even do something as basic as cropping a gif.

Jaesuk is awesome. Truly the nation's MC.

I had no idea they are from Canada. If they are it would be slightly more understandable. At least I'm not alone in thinking it doesnt compare to the SNSD one. I'll make the avatar tomorrow if nobody does by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom