• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

orangecaramel said:
Pretty much the same way here. I've enjoyed other groups more than SNSD as time went on.

It's ok. This thread is a (grudgingly) broad K-pop church.

tumblr_ljlvkkT3UK1qcar25o1_500.gif

tumblr_limy54NdKP1qcar25o1_500.gif

Running Man #2.

Damn cold trick to take the other team's swimming gear onto the bus.

Peru

Salazar said:
That was my initial response to the thread Dresden posted. Then Soshi video clips, then their albums, then their variety shows, and then K-Pop and K-variety in general.

Running Man is just wonderful and hilarious. Likewise Invincible Youth. I am still crazy for Soshi, but those two shows are just the best thing I've found through being interested in this stuff.

Um... Family Outing?

Salazar

Peru said:
Um... Family Outing?

lol, I still haven't watched many episodes. What I've seen (Taeyeon, Hyori, Daesung) was pretty amazing.

The only show I've seen that seemed to outright suck was that Kko Kko travel agency matchmaking thing that Fany was on.

Peru

You should watch deffo FO from the first episode and see how the family roles form.. it's amazing and Jaesuk's (and Hyori's!) magnum opus. The cast they got together is a once-in-a-lifetime stroke of luck, you know a variety show is good when you don't care about who are guests.

Meanwhile 100 points out of 100 is growing very stale. The interesting debates from the first episodes are completely gone in favor of the same party games every episode.

Ashhong

Peru said:
Meanwhile 100 points out of 100 is growing very stale. The interesting debates from the first episodes are completely gone in favor of the same party games every episode.

Exactly how I feel. I was entertained by the debates and conversations about actually "being a better idol". But now its pretty much the same exact games every time. It's only worth it to see who the guests are, but the actual games are pretty stale.

Its funny, Happy Together is as formulaic as it comes, same thing every week, but that thing is endlessly entertaining. I guess just talking with the God MC Yoo JaeSuk is > games

Salazar

OK.

I've never seen this Infinity Challenge show that Big Bang are about to appear on, but it sounds pretty diverting from the Wikipedia summary. I'll have to find some subs.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
OK.

I've never seen this Infinity Challenge show that Big Bang are about to appear on, but it sounds pretty diverting from the Wikipedia summary. I'll have to find some subs.

And you will of course share it with us after you find it right? Try am-addiction

Ashhong

Am-addiction does have the show, and provides a link to a subbing team. Big Bang episode isnt airing until like next month though. They just filmed it 2 days ago

Xilium

vanty said:
First thing I saw was the Gee video probably a year ago, then I watched Hello Baby, then Invincible Youth soon afterwards and by now I barely have any interest in SNSD anymore apart from Sunny.
Ditto. I've gone through and tried to listen to full albums for the various girl groups (haven't gotten around to the guys yet) and outside of their core hits, I'm not really finding much I like. This is true for some of the other groups as well (T-ara, Secret, and After School for example). BEG and 4Minute are probably my favorites at the moment with Kara and 2NE1 not too far behind.

My interest primarily lie in the non-group specific variety programs at the moment (IY, RM, FO, ect.). I mostly follow this thread to find out which programs I should be watching (almost caught up on RM), whether that be through direct recommendations or through seeing the various gifs posted.

ramyeon

Salazar said:
OK.

It's the funniest variety show in Korea imo but I have never found subs for it.

Salazar

minannoyed.gif

I have so much Running Man still to watch.

For the most part, Gary just does not act like a celebrity musician. Which is part of what's awesome about these shows and the whole scene, really. He's just a dude.

tumblr_lhg7pvovsj1qa646f.gif

ramyeon

vanty said:
First thing I saw was the Gee video probably a year ago, then I watched Hello Baby, then Invincible Youth soon afterwards and by now I barely have any interest in SNSD anymore apart from Sunny.
Yeah Gee was the gateway into Koop for most people I find. But while Snsd are great and all there was Koop before them and will be after them as well ;) a lot of groups out there are doing great stuff right now.

Salazar

ramyeon said:
Yeah Gee was the gateway into Koop for most people I find. But while Snsd are great and all there was Koop before them and will be after them as well ;) a lot of groups out there are doing great stuff right now.

Ok, ok. I would change the thread title to something clever if

a) I knew how.
b) I could think of something clever.

tumblr_lk3062e4Hl1qc5n5jo1_500.gif

ramyeon

Haha I just noticed my iPad auto corrects kpop into Koop. I have no idea what that means. Oh and I don't really mind about the title, I've not really even though about it that much. (SNSD is my favorite group that's active atm anyway ;))

Peru

SNSD represent everything that's good about k-pop... they're still the best variety/talk show guests, they've still got the prime k-pop singles, they've been around longer than all current girl groups except for the Wonder Girls. The focus may inevitably drift to other groups, and those may sometimes have more exciting campaigns, but like the Bible, 'Gee' is what you keep in your cupboard drawer, the word of truth, the constitution.

syoaran

Salazar said:
Running Man #2.

Damn cold trick to take the other team's swimming gear onto the bus.

What amazed me after watching that episode yesterday is that Kim Jong Kook was suffering from a slipped disc in his back, which would have been mega painful during the diving scene. Apparently he kept it a secret during filming for the first 3 episodes before having surgery, and then still showing up for filming.

Truely hardcore.

Just watched episode 6, very funny - Dambi is mega cute.

Salazar

syoaran said:
What amazed me after watching that episode yesterday is that Kim Jong Kook was suffering from a slipped disc in his back, which would have been mega painful during the diving scene. Apparently he kept it a secret during filming for the first 3 episodes before having surgery, and then still showing up for filming.

Damn. Massive pro.

Min.

dTawx.jpg

u8ANg.jpg

Ashhong

Peru said:
She's the most popular member, bro.

That's a load of bull! Though it is probably because she's like the only one outgoing and on variety shows. I haven't seen anybody else out there.

Salazar said:
Break out the Hyoyeon comparisons, Ash. Go for broke.

No man, I like Hyoyeon enough to enjoy her in the group, and she seems really natural. Minah though bugs me everytime I see her big ass curly hair and comes across as kind of over the top and fake.

vanty

syoaran said:
Just watched episode 6, very funny - Dambi is mega cute.
After seeing that episode I checked out a couple of her MVs on YouTube...where she looks not even half as hot as she did in that episode. Was devastating ahah.

Ashhong said:
You know who is hot? Sori. I have never heard of her but I saw her dancing on Happy Together. She's got some curves and looks so sexy when dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Jgt8qfzLk&feature=player_detailpage#t=607s

she dances again after the other people. so goood

WAT

She's on probably 30 episodes of Invincible Youth, I would have thought everyone would know who she is. I've never heard any of her songs though to be honest ahah

ramyeon

Ashhong said:
That's a load of bull! Though it is probably because she's like the only one outgoing and on variety shows. I haven't seen anybody else out there.

No man, I like Hyoyeon enough to enjoy her in the group, and she seems really natural. Minah though bugs me everytime I see her big ass curly hair and comes across as kind of over the top and fake.
She is the most popular member by a longshot. She's also the main vocalist. I'd never compare her to Hyoyeon in terms of looks either -- this thread is the first place I've seen this much hate towards her!

ramyeon

No way. She was trolled with a really bad hairdo for Twinkle Twinkle and their promotions recently but she's definitely not ugly. Do a search of Naver for photos when she didn't have the curls.

And Hyoyeon wold lose because most people voting would be Korean ;)

syoaran

Salazar said:
tumblr_liar3fQlfi1qa1d0io1_250.gif

Minho agrees with you, vanty. Which means you are wrong.

Oh man, I'm watching the diving now. Jong Kook, you crazy guy.

I havent watched the non isubs episodes yet, but if he's in every episode all the way to 8 then he was suffering majorly all the way. It's insane how he was able to shoot all those episodes without grimacing. Truly he is, Muscle MC.

Conceptor

lttp but the subbed version of Yoona/Sunny RM was so goddamn awesome. I'll have to check out FO and IY and IC (only watched a couple of eps of each). Damn these Canadian ISP imposed bandwidth limits :mad:

syoaran

Peru said:
Of course, the real revelation in Running Man is Gwangsoo.. love that dude.

What shocks me is that he was born in '85, and Kook was born in '76. At first I thought those numbers HAD to be reversed!

But yeah, Gwangsoo is really funny. I was actually surprised how well Gary fit into the group after a few episodes, they got a very good vibe going on between the lot of them ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom