• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Ratchet and Clank is fighting Jak and Daxter in a death battle, who would win?

Respect

The answer is...

Vd3MJo.jpg

Ivan 3414

Anyone saying Ratchet is either bandwagoning the series they like more, and/or has never played Jak 3.

Dude can slow down time, create forcefields, heal himself(while pausing time), and has this nuclear weapon

Ratchet beating Jak is laughable.

Point blank period.

Jak has the power of edginess.

And Ratchet has the power of furriness, what's your point?

This is somewhat interesting matchup because both of them can kill each other easily. Ratchet&Clank have no durability feats to survive Jak’s Supernova nor does Jak survive RYNO without Eco power which runs out easily. Of course I’d bet my money on Ratchet&Clank because…

- One gun with 12 mods vs 70+ weapons I lost count
- Groovitron instantly stops them and makes them easy targets for any weapons
- Ratchet has guns that transforms living beings into animals, antimatter laser that destroys shit in its ways, about 3 different blackhole-like weapons and nuke-powered bombs. Also weapons that freeze, various drones and turrets, shields, sniper rifles, shotguns and infecting poison bombs.
- Ratchet’s armor is way better
- Jak’s hoverboard is countered with Ratchet’s Hoverboots
- Jak apparently has stronger melee attacks? But Ratchet still has many melee weapons like his Wrench, Punching Glove, whips and energy Shredders
- Can Ratchet use his ship? Its capable of space travel and blowing up small meteors so Jak could almost never catch them
- Daxter’s weapons are more suited for killing bugs
- Jak and Daxter has saved their planet few times. Ratchet and Clank have saved galaxies
- Ratchet and Clank hunt giant monsters for quick bucks
- Clank can use Ratchet’s weapons so they can use 2 RYNOs at once
- Clank can also control time and apparently is immune to time freezing
- Clank’s upgraded Jetpack can make Ratchet fly for longer than Jak’s Light Eco flight
- And just for fun, Giant Clank would destroy Jak’s Haven City in 5 mins lol
- They still make Ratchet&Clank games

Did I miss anything?

Playsage

This is somewhat interesting matchup because both of them can kill each other easily. Ratchet&Clank have no durability feats to survive Jak’s Supernova nor does Jak survive RYNO without Eco power which runs out easily. Of course I’d bet my money on Ratchet&Clank because…

- One gun with 12 mods vs 70+ weapons I lost count
- Groovitron instantly stops them and makes them easy targets for any weapons
- Ratchet has guns that transforms living beings into animals, antimatter laser that destroys shit in its ways, about 3 different blackhole-like weapons and nuke-powered bombs. Also weapons that freeze, various drones and turrets, shields, sniper rifles, shotguns and infecting poison bombs.
- Ratchet’s armor is way better
- Jak’s hoverboard is countered with Ratchet’s Hoverboots
- Jak apparently has stronger melee attacks? But Ratchet still has many melee weapons like his Wrench, Punching Glove, whips and energy Shredders
- Can Ratchet use his ship? Its capable of space travel and blowing up small meteors so Jak could almost never catch them
- Daxter’s weapons are more suited for killing bugs
- Jak and Daxter has saved their planet few times. Ratchet and Clank have saved galaxies
- Ratchet and Clank hunt giant monsters for quick bucks
- Clank can use Ratchet’s weapons so they can use 2 RYNOs at once
- Clank can also control time and apparently is immune to time freezing
- Clank’s upgraded Jetpack can make Ratchet fly for longer than Jak’s Light Eco flight
- And just for fun, Giant Clank would destroy Jak’s Haven City in 5 mins lol
- They still make Ratchet&Clank games

Did I miss anything?
-Ratchet has a weapon capable of creating a dimensional rift to summon an inter-dimensional monster
- Clank's sceptre of time can restore non-living thing

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone saying Ratchet is either bandwagoning the series they like more, and/or has never played Jak 3.

Dude can slow down time, create forcefields, heal himself(while pausing time), and has this nuclear weapon

Ratchet beating Jak is laughable.

Point blank period.

And Ratchet has the power of furriness, what's your point?

Clank can slow down time, Ratchet has multiple devices that create shields for him, and one of your starting weapons in the second game was a nuke. Ratchet has access to over 400 different weapons not counting his spaceship which could destroy Haven City and everything in it within seconds. He would definitely win.

Zebei

Does Dexter bring anything to is fight? Seems like jack and ratchet offset but clank can actually make a meaningful contribution to the fight.

He has whatever he had in his spinoff game and Dark Daxter

Because the snarky sidekick wasn't edgy enough or something.

Ratchet's arsenal and armor >>>>>>>> Jak's single switching weapon and armor pads

Evilisk

People that mention Jak slowing down time, you guys should know that Ratchet can do that as well (using Clank's time bombs).

Based on PASBR movesets...I say Jak.

Jak was never as good as Ratchet in PSBR (and I say this as a Jak main)

stuminus3

Ratchet & Clank would shame Jak & Daxter into submission simply by pointing out they are from a massively better game series.

Top Bottom