• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who's buying DOA: Ultimate?

Are you going to rush out to the stores on Tuesday or are you going to wait until the reviews start pouring in? Im debating what to do; I really want to know how the online is implemented and if there is any lag. Nothing worse than a fighter with lag and DOA is really not worth it for single-player alone. I cannot wait to start pummeling bitches online though.......Im torn!

On a side note: Anyone know if Ninja Gaiden is coming down in price? Platinum or otherwise.

Thanks.

fap fap fap fap fap all the the way to the store

or actually, I mean all the way home from the store

wait, maybe when I get home

YES I AM GETTING THE GAME AS SOON AS IT DROPS, DAGNABBIT!!

jedimike

I just can't get excited about fighting games. I want to like them so bad, but ultimately I never play them. Just not my genre I guess.

Anyone know if Ninja Gaiden is coming down in price? Platinum or otherwise.

MS just announced a bunch of new platinum titles. I know PGR2 was in there, and I think NG was as well, but I'm not 100% certain.

Chi-Town

jedimike said:
MS just announced a bunch of new platinum titles. I know PGR2 was in there, and I think NG was as well, but I'm not 100% certain.

Nope, Ninja Gaiden has not entered the Platinum Hits program. I would expect a drop to $30 soon though.

Any word on how the online play is implemented. Laggy....fine

Anyway, we need to get a GA Tournament together, winner gets bragging rights!

Link to the new platinum hits, anyone.

WarPig

Property of Microsoft said:
Any word on how the online play is implemented. Laggy....fine.

The online presentation is top-notch. There's support for up to eight players rotating through a game and the matching interface has all the options you'd want. Not sure whether the slowdown will be gone from the finished game, though, Tecmo insists it will be but hasn't sent out a version with final net code yet.

DFS.

WarPig said:
The online presentation is top-notch. There's support for up to eight players rotating through a game and the matching interface has all the options you'd want. Not sure whether the slowdown will be gone from the finished game, though, Tecmo insists it will be but hasn't sent out a version with final net code yet.

DFS.

There's slowdown? Thats not good......

WarPig

Yeah. The versions I've played don't have lag, exactly, the whole game slows down until the networking gets back up to speed. Weird effect. It's actually less aggravating than ordinary control lag, but it's still not much fun.

Like I say, Tecmo says they'll have squashed all the issues in the final version, so we'll see.

DFS.

I know that both versions are online but who would play DOA 1 since there is the much better looking DOA 2? Doesnt make sense to me.

Oh, thanks for the info Warpig.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
WarPig said:
Yeah. The versions I've played don't have lag, exactly, the whole game slows down until the networking gets back up to speed. Weird effect. It's actually less aggravating than ordinary control lag, but it's still not much fun.

Like I say, Tecmo says they'll have squashed all the issues in the final version, so we'll see.

DFS.

that doesnt sound all that bad actually... as long as its not rampant

madara

jedimike said:
I just can't get excited about fighting games. I want to like them so bad, but ultimately I never play them. Just not my genre I guess.

Aye I like this as well, minus launch titles because there no rpgs. Next DOA I do is likely xbox2 launch title.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I won't be rushing out to the store on Tuesday, that's for sure.

...I'll be rushing to the store on WEDNESDAY, since the game ships on Tuesday. :)

Gattsu25

Banned
for what it's worth, when I returned DOA3 three days after the XBox launch I made a vow never to waste my money on another Team Ninja game...though that was before Itagaki temporarily gained sanity and made Ninja Gaiden...

Gattsu25

Banned
PhatSaqs said:

dead-or-alive-ultimate-20041014003907471.jpg

heh

IJoel

OMGWTFBBQ!

Of course I'm getting it as well! :D

8 Gaffers in a room...

2 fighters in...

AND THE CROWD GOES CRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:p

Mrbob

I'll get it eventually. Not right away though. I'm not a big DoA fan, but I do enjoy the series. Too many other games coming out right now. Probably early next year or when it goes Platinum Hits.

Jonnyram

I can't believe this... it's been delayed AGAIN in Japan. Now it's coming out on 2 November.
I first wanted to get this as soon as it was announced at the start of the year, because my Xbox started playing up when I was playing PGR2, randomly resetting and shit. The bundle seemed like great VFM, especially with the cushion thrown in.

It was first supposed to come out on 25 March - I still have my pre-order slip in my wallet. Then it got delayed until summer, then start of October, end of October and now this... Stop taking the piss! I can't play Xbox games properly until I get this, and if it gets pushed back after Halo 2, I'm going to kill someone.

MrparisSM

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I can't believe this... it's been delayed AGAIN in Japan. Now it's coming out on 2 November.
I first wanted to get this as soon as it was announced at the start of the year, because my Xbox started playing up when I was playing PGR2, randomly resetting and shit. The bundle seemed like great VFM, especially with the cushion thrown in.

It was first supposed to come out on 25 March - I still have my pre-order slip in my wallet. Then it got delayed until summer, then start of October, end of October and now this... Stop taking the piss! I can't play Xbox games properly until I get this, and if it gets pushed back after Halo 2, I'm going to kill someone.

lol damn that must suck. Here's a lil something to tid you over.

DOA6.jpg

DOA8.jpg

DOA1.jpg

DOA2.jpg

Rorschach

IJoel said:
OMGWTFBBQ!

Of course I'm getting it as well! :D

8 Gaffers in a room...

2 fighters in...

AND THE CROWD GOES CRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:p
It has spectator mode? More games should have this option.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I CAN'T WAIT TO PWN YOU ALL BWAH HAH HAH

A delay for Japan, huh? I hope there's not another dealy for the U.S. this week.

IJoel

Rorschach said:
It has spectator mode? More games should have this option.

Yep. With modes like "Loser keeps fighting" and "Winner keeps fighting" all while cycling through the people in the room.

This will r0x.

maskrider

Jonnyram said:

Heh ! Again ! Not really a problem now, it had slipped and slipped. I don't think I need to call the store to check if it is in stock now.

Top Bottom