• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.. will the xbox platform see a single 2024 GOTY contender released this year?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Hellblade 2 is still my current frontrunner. I'm looking forward to Stalker and Indiana Jones. MS doesnt really make the kinds of mainstream stuff that gets universal acclaim. Even Indiana Jones being 1st person is apparently controversial. Dungeons of Hinterberg is likely in my top 5 as well.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Wukong?! lol wut?

Eldin ring expansion is the best so far according to ratings., But my money is on Astrobot or Zelda.
though Astrobot is basically a Nintendo game they ripped off so much from Mario. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm likely going Shattered Space for best expansion. We'll see how it is.

Come on man. I respect your opinion but you can't be serious.
Serious about what?

Last edited:

XXL

No Thank You GIF by Karen Civil

And if they did, they would just shutdown the studio who made it.

aerts1js

Hellblade 2 is still my current frontrunner. I'm looking forward to Stalker and Indiana Jones. MS doesnt really make the kinds of mainstream stuff that gets universal acclaim. Even Indiana Jones being 1st person is apparently controversial. Dungeons of Hinterberg is likely in my top 5 as well.
Hellblade 2 for GOTY? It’s even more dire for you guys than I thought. My condolences.

Lupin25

There’s no way on earth you think Indiana Jones has a bigger shot to win than those games, let’s just start there…

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
What remaining game has the best chance of hanging with this crowd?
Metaphor: ReFantazio.

Wukong, Astro Bot, and FF VII Rebirth have the best chances. Wukong is likely a very distant third though.
imo GOTY is more about popularity than quality, so my bet is on Astro since that game seems to have both things.

Last edited:

jm89

For 2024 there isn't anything else left for MS.

Hellblade 2.... yeah can't see it being even nominated

Indiane jones won't make the elgibilty period for the game awards and for other goty wards i think the best it will get is nominated as machinegames make decent games.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Possibly STALKER 2, though realistically that game is probably gonna divide critics because it's hard/complicated/different.

Indy has a shot of entering the GOTY conversation as well, especially in a slow year like this, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it either.

Mr Hyde

FF7 Rebirth is my GOTY this year. I think I'll manage to beat Stellar Blade and Astro Bot before the end of the year. I'll check out Hellblade 2 as well on GP. It's a short run so should be able to squeeze it in.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I think xbox would be happy just to be nominated for something.

edit-I remember Psychonauts 2 won something.

Last edited:

Nydius

Indiana Jones is really their only shot

Will it even be out in time to make the GOTY nominations?
IIRC, the game comes out two days before The Game Awards airs.
Or will Geoff bend over backwards to make an exception so Microsoft can get a pity nomination?

Edit: Nevermind, saw this discussion happen above.

Last edited:

XXL

FF7 Rebirth is my GOTY this year. I think I'll manage to beat Stellar Blade and Astro Bot before the end of the year. I'll check out Hellblade 2 as well on GP. It's a short run so should be able to squeeze it in.
I got about 2-3hrs into Hellblade 2 before I stopped.

It's one of the most annoying expierences of my life.

The voices, oh God, the voices. Shit gives me PTSD.
Talking Heads Help GIF by Rooster Teeth

Last edited:

XXL

Possibly STALKER 2, though realistically that game is probably gonna divide critics because it's hard/complicated/different.

Indy has a shot of entering the GOTY conversation as well, especially in a slow year like this, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it either.
Stalker 2 has a way better chance than Indiana Jones. It actually looks pretty good.

Camreezie

Jesus I forgot all about this series. I just don't have time for all this games. I still need to play the man from nowhere.
I liked it, its much shorter than the usual Yakuza games if that helps.I'd defo reccomend playing the man who erased his name

Top Bottom