• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.. will the xbox platform see a single 2024 GOTY contender released this year?

Make a "will PS5 see a single GOTY" thread and watch how quick it gets shut down. I was going to ask if you were new here but you've been here longer than me.

Fanboyism is pathetic and immature but we know what side this forum leans to.

my only console is a PS5 btw incase anyone wants to label me Xbox fan boy.

Fanboy and banter are all well and good fun even and make people want to post, but blatant trolling isn't in my book. I'm still amazed the mods allowed this thread to go on myself.

Last edited:

Hookshot

Gold Member
What's worse? Having no goty contenders or championing a "Mario killer" that Metacritic claims is only as good as Mario games from the 90's? Even without any troll reviews of 7's like all big games get, It's only tied with World and 64 , it's behind the more recent Galaxy games or even it's current gen rival Odyssey.

"Yay for 5th place" they chant, as Sony's poor output leads them to flock behind the same type of "kids" game they've derided most of their rubbish lives. Using the might of the PS5 to play a 3D platformer and wash off the stink of Concord.

Aenima

Why is ppl so obcessed with GOTY awards. Stellar Blade is still my GOTY and most likelly my action game of the gen, and i doubt it will receive any awards.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Why is ppl so obcessed with GOTY awards. Stellar Blade is still my GOTY and most likelly my action game of the gen, and i doubt it will receive any awards.
Metacritic scores and GOTY awards are the best kind of console-warring fuel there can be. Those types don't really care about the game's actual qualities.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

I mean, I need to play it before I judge. Looks like they added some BotW elements to Link's Awakening. Yall are underestimating this game...but I feel it may be more of a spinoff so I don't think it will guarantee to get a nomination or even necessarily be great....but Zelda is always at least fucking really good...always...did yall not Zelda before, lol?
Zelda and it's spin offs Nintendo usually handles well but GOTY contender is a bit much.

Sethbacca

Its going to be interesting to see how much longer MS embraces the Series S parity wise especially when (maybe if) they launch their next machines but thats a whole other topic
You'd have to be an absolute masochist to continue buying into that hardware ecosystem at this point unless GamePass is literally the only thing you care about.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You'd have to be an absolute masochist to continue buying into that hardware ecosystem at this point unless GamePass is literally the only thing you care about.
I know people that will buy the next Xbox

Heck if they can get it anywhere near the GTA 6 launch AND it sideloads Steam I will likely buy it as well

But admittedly Xbox hardware is my preferred hardware

Sethbacca

I know people that will buy the next Xbox

Heck if they can get it anywhere near the GTA 6 launch AND it sideloads Steam I will likely buy it as well

But admittedly Xbox hardware is my preferred hardware
As a SteamBox I'd probably buy in myself, but locked into the Xbox only ecosystem would be an absolute non-starter.

For those saying this is a troll thread, read this:

This is Microsoft itself marketing what they believe to be their best games on the platform for the year. Please share which ones you feel are worthy of game of the year.

Mozzarella

Looks like a big NOPE
I mean what games are coming out? Avowed got delayed, Bethesda has a DLC and Indiana Jones is coming later into the year so its past the cutoff date.

This year Sony is the boss, although i dont care about console idiotic wars, but yeah the GOTY this year belongs to Sony, even SH2 and MGS3 remake are their IPs
Nintendo has that Zelda game which will probably do ok, but Nintendo was last year.
Xbox? i struggle to remember any game they released this year. Perhaps you can help me remember by mentioning them.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I dunno I also saw some say Concord was indeed great

You know ... Sawyers.

ucVvHuG.jpeg

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

Or maybe you can afford it?

$499 for hardware that gets use over 7 years isn’t exactly an insurmountable sum. But I recognize conditions differ.

Sethbacca

Or maybe you can afford it?

$499 for hardware that gets use over 7 years isn’t exactly an insurmountable sum. But I recognize conditions differ.
Even if you can afford it MS looks to be heading in the direction of bringing all of their stuff over to PS. Even if you can afford it I think, at least personally, I'd rather spend the $500 on more games.

King Dazzar

Fuck me. Since when was Hellsballs mental bitch walking simulator, considered a game? Push a stick forward for a few hours, GOTY??

To each their own, but geez Louise.

King Dazzar

Even if you can afford it MS looks to be heading in the direction of bringing all of their stuff over to PS. Even if you can afford it I think, at least personally, I'd rather spend the $500 on more games.
For me the strengths of an XSX are with the past and not so much the future at this time. Its got some brilliant BC stuff and some classics that we still dont know if they will ever come across.

Ozriel

M$FT

GamePass is a great differentiator for me. I have GP for the next 3 years and the sheer amount of games I’ll have access to in that period makes it worth it.
I might reevaluate for the next console, given that I’ve also got pretty powerful PCs.

Of course I also ensure I buy the current gen PlayStation console so nothing is lost at all.

Top Bottom