• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So.. will the xbox platform see a single 2024 GOTY contender released this year?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Indiana Jones is really their only shot
Try again

O0vklxy.jpeg

Btw, did we really needed such a flamable topic?

I'm gonna roll my eyes if the shitty remilk part 2 get the goty, i hope helldivers eat its lunch.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I know my opinion is in the minotiry and I can respect that but I just never understood the love Nintendo games get. I got a switch as my first Nintendo since the NES. I got all the top games and all of them were ok at best. Mario rabbids I would say was a good game. I just don't get how people love their games so much but they are clearly seeing something that I just don't.

Wait I did think XBC2 was really damn good. I even tried the first one when they remastered it and holy shit one of the few times I've put like 20 hours into a game and just said I'm good and dropped it.
They are great at doing their thing, they are trash with other things, depends on your priorities in gaming.

Yoboman

I have some hope Indiana Jones will be great. In fact I could see it being really great. I wasn't excited about the FPS view until I heard the Chronicles of Riddick director and team are involved

How about you answer the question rather than whine about whether or not it’s a trolling thread: Will there be a single game on the platform that’s nominated for this year’s GOTY and if so, what game?
What the hell does a PS fanboy care if Xbox got a GOTY other than blatant trolling?

But if you must know the best game I've played this year and my GOTY is Yakuza Like a Dragon along with Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden.

Topher

Gold Member
Such a trolling thread, amazed this thread is allowed by the Mods

You know what, you're right.

I guess Xbox / Microsoft is such a boogeyman in this industry now that this stuff just flies day in and day out.

Mods should shut down a discussion just because a couple of folks don't like talking about it?

Nah....just use the ignore thread button. Microsoft will be ok

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I guess Indy is their best shot but not having high hopes for it

MS has painted themselves into this corner with poor decisions, poor leadership and questionable (at best) hardware decisions

Its going to be interesting to see how much longer MS embraces the Series S parity wise especially when (maybe if) they launch their next machines but thats a whole other topic

Zacfoldor

HCwI0h5.jpeg

The sequel to this comes out in November. Probably the most realistic chance of getting a 90 ish rated title on the platform this year.

OP is wrong, though. Tekken 8, Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Shin Megami Tensei are better rated than Wukong.
To be fair, those are also all really good games. I'd add Unicorn Overlord in there.

That said, Wukong is also good enough where I wouldn't complain if it did get recognized in some way and maybe would complain if it didn't.

HCwI0h5.jpeg

The sequel to this comes out in November. Probably the most realistic chance of getting a 90 ish rated title on the platform this year.

OP is wrong, though. Tekken 8, Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Shin Megami Tensei are better rated than Wukong.
November, but what day? This could be too late for GOTY 2024 admissions. I agree this could be their only shot at winning anything. It's their best IP currently.

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

Unfortunately it will.
I mean, I need to play it before I judge. Looks like they added some BotW elements to Link's Awakening. Yall are underestimating this game...but I feel it may be more of a spinoff so I don't think it will guarantee to get a nomination or even necessarily be great....but Zelda is always at least fucking really good...always...did yall not Zelda before, lol?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
This is about contender for Game of the Year, not the Oscars.
I'm just talking about my personal pick. Hellblade stood out from everything else I've personally played so far. Its really doing something new I've never seen. Just the quality of the art design, cinematography, choreography and framing of the fights, use of color, audio, as I said at the time it really did remind me of when I saw Avatar 2 in the theater. It felt like a noticable leap forward. If people dont agree (clearly they dont) thats fine with me. I dont have a burning need to force other people to conform like most people seem to have here.

P.S. also playing Kunitsu Gami still. That's absolutely going in my top 10.

Sooner

FF7 remake 2 ? nope
Zelda ? nope
Astrobot? nope
Wukong? nope

What remaining game has the best chance of hanging with this crowd? I guess my pick would be that Indiana Jones game where you don’t even see Indy because it’s first person.

Remind me again why MS spent so
much money buying up the competition?
I have a feeling Indiana Jones is going to disappoint. Not a Concord or Redfall level of disaster, but more a Starfield or Hellblade 2 level of high expectations for a long time only to come out and be OK at best.

It has multiplatform releases like Tekken 8, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, and Alone in the Dark which are the best in their genre this year. A gimped cinematic action game and generic reference-filled platformer are not the cream of the crop Sony faithful seem to think they are. A cinematic FPS based on a decades old film IP is also unlikely to be the best to come out this year.

diffusionx

Gold Member
People can like what they like

I have over a thousand hours each in ARK Survival Evolved and H1Z1 Just Survive so its not for me to judge anyone else's GOTY

sad season 4 GIF by Outlander
Yea people can like what they like. It's fine. But they can't expect everyone to go along with it.

Like maybe they truly do feel that Shartfield was an amazing 11/10 game. Okay, but it got a MC of like 83. That's not GOTY territory, in any year, let alone a strong year like last year. So they can't really cry conspiracy when you look at the GOTY games and they all were better received than Shartfield and didn't have the negative backlash after more people played it.

Ristifer

FF7 remake 2 ? nope
Zelda ? nope
Astrobot? nope
Wukong? nope

What remaining game has the best chance of hanging with this crowd? I guess my pick would be that Indiana Jones game where you don’t even see Indy because it’s first person.

Remind me again why MS spent so
much money buying up the competition?
Lol such bait, and the usual suspects lap it up like they're in the audience of some shoddy comedy club. Either this is a LakeOf9 thread, or they've been teaching people how to do the same shitty drive-by threads. People lap those up too, for some strange reason.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yea people can like what they like. It's fine. But they can't expect everyone to go along with it.

Like maybe they truly do feel that Shartfield was an amazing 11/10 game. Okay, but it got a MC of like 83. That's not GOTY territory, in any year, let alone a strong year like last year. So they can't really cry conspiracy when you look at the GOTY games and they all were better received than Shartfield and didn't have the negative backlash after more people played it.
I dunno I also saw some say Concord was indeed great

Just saying I wont poke fun at people who find games great that I don't like as my taste in games isn't great either

My most played game in the last 12 months is by far COD MW3

But I also don't get upset if my favs aren't in the running for GOTY as most that are I would never play anyhow

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Xbox shills when they realize that nobody likes their stupid movie game:

Yell The Game Awards GIF by Xbox

If Concord was an Xbox exclusive, they would all say it's the greatest multiplayer FPS.
Everyone knows. You cant even mention the name without it being trashed as the worst game ever made. Im not telling anyone to change their mind or freaking out about it in any way. Literally everyone else freaks out but me on this topic, every time.

As for Concord, you have to now just invent things to talk shit about? I dont play PvP shooters other than Splatoon. I didnt play Halo more than a few matches. Im not playing Call of Duty PvP. Im not playing Overwatch either. I was into Exoprimal though and I suspect I'd think Suicide Squad is decent too. Havent tried it.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Everyone knows. You cant even mention the name without it being trashed as the worst game ever made. Im not telling anyone to change their mind or freaking out about it in any way. Literally everyone else freaks out but me on this topic, every time.

As for Concord, you have to now just invent things to talk shit about? I dont play PvP shooters. I didnt play Halo more than a few matches. Im not playing Call of Duty PvP. Im not playing Overwatch either.
I'm talking about the people on X like Colt Eastwood and that other guy they posted who was whining about Astro Bot.

I haven't seen you talk about the Xbox tax or conspiracy theories to keep Xbox down.

People can like what they like

I have over a thousand hours each in ARK Survival Evolved and H1Z1 Just Survive so its not for me to judge anyone else's GOTY

sad season 4 GIF by Outlander

I can see my wife slowly losing respect for me every time I have one of my weeb\anime games on and she walks into the room. I'm the last person to judge anyone and their taste in games.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Lol such bait, and the usual suspects lap it up like they're in the audience of some shoddy comedy club. Either this is a LakeOf9 thread, or they've been teaching people how to do the same shitty drive-by threads. People lap those up too, for some strange reason.

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Zacfoldor

Someone get this man some help.

Oh WOW, oh wow, oh wow, oh wow, lol. That is INSANE. Can you believe the cope.

Okay, so I'll say this. In my short time here I've attacked the concept that Nintendo gets higher metacritic scores multiple times. This so proves my point. Do you see how THIS person looks saying what he is saying.

That is how you all look to me when you play pretty pretend that there is a conspiracy theory to give Nintendo higher scores than Sony. Look at how this person is acting and WHY he is acting this way. He thinks Astrobot just CAN'T BE THAT GOOD and that his games should always have won over Astrobot.

That is how YOU look when you say it about Nintendo, lol("YOU" is not the person I'm quoting, I mean "you" in the broader sense). You are the same. Do you think literal "game reviewers" are smart enough to keep your little conspiwacy theowy secret ALL this time? On a damn aggregate website with 100+ reviewers for Nintendo games no less? That darn Xbox, I mean, Playstation, I mean Nintendo "tax" amirite?

Also, lol, Astro ain't in the goty "pot" it already won. Book it. It won.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
Honestly, if you consider Erdtree it has been pretty good year for gaming, but only if you own a PS5.
Erdtree came and went like everything else this year. Didn’t have the impact Elden Ring did a few years ago, or Baldur’s Gate 3 last year. It’s been a year of mid tier games.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Such a trolling thread, amazed this thread is allowed by the Mods
Make a "will PS5 see a single GOTY" thread and watch how quick it gets shut down. I was going to ask if you were new here but you've been here longer than me.

Fanboyism is pathetic and immature but we know what side this forum leans to.

my only console is a PS5 btw incase anyone wants to label me Xbox fan boy.

Last edited:

aerts1js

Make a "will PS5 see a single GOTY" thread and watch how quick it gets shut down. I was going to ask if you were new here but you've been here longer than me.

Fanboyism is pathetic and immature but we know what side this forum leans to.

my only console is a PS5 btw incase anyone wants to label me Xbox fan boy.
What are you even talking about ? Do you even know?

The games that I listed in the OP are what are GENERALLY considered up for GOTY this year.. not a single one is on xbox… So the question is will a game of the year contender arrive in 2024? And if so, what title?

Last edited:
Top Bottom