• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOA2 and Sega's plans

Bishman

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~soaworld/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=1578

- In a recent interview with Adam Doree of KIKIZO Games, SEGA president Oguchi confirmed that SEGA would bring back several key franchises to the market. He stated that SEGA Rally 2005 was just the beginning.

Sources indicate that we can look forward to the following titles.
Some haven't been announced yet though.

The Matrix Online
SEGA Rally 2005
Phantasy Star Universe
Skies of Arcadia 2
Spikeout Xbox Live
Altered Beast
Rez Re-Invention (unconfirmed)
Virtua Fighter Final Tuned (unconfirmed)
New Daytona USA (unconfirmed)
Shining Force (tentative name)
Shining Tears
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Shenmue Online
ChuChu Rocket! 2 (unconfirmed)
New Panzer Dragoon (unconfirmed)
New Space Harrier (unconfirmed)
New Guardian Heroes
New Ecco the Dolphin

There is no word about a possible Shenmue 3 or the Sonic franchise. But as SEGA confirmed that the next lineup will contain SEGA's key franchises we can expect the little hedgehog and Ryo to experience new adventures

- "We haven't got enough developers" : SEGA is ready for major aquisitions and mergers in Europe.

---

Sega to build facility in Yokohama

Ambitious project leads Sega to consider transferring its headquarters from Tokyo.
TOKYO--According to Sega and Kyodo News, Sega will establish a 30 billion yen ($273 million) amusement facility in Yokohama's Minato Mirai 21 district. The complex is designed to be completed by March 2009. The facility will consist of a nine-story building totaling 63,000 square meters. In addition to its indoor amusement machines and game arcade, Sega also plans to open a movie theater in the facility. The announcement was made today after Yokohama's municipal government agreed to sell Sega a considerable chunk of city-owned real estate. Reports also state that Sega is considering moving its headquarters to the new building.

Seems that the new SEGA needs more space.
Finally good to see that the company regains strength. And I am relieved that the name "Sammy" will vanish over the time and be replaced by the SEGA brand.

---

If you want to see SEGA's Future Plans go here

http://www.sega.co.jp/IR/en/cr/pdf/20040917.pdf

If it doesnt work its because you havent got a programme
called "Adobe Reader" installed on their system.

If you cant read it,Here is a Summary

it basicly says
how they plan to become the leader in all feild's of
there buisnes by 2006
thats
Home Software
Arcades
&
Pachinko michines

they are planning to open more arcades
and have more commercials globaly
and become a big part of online games
Also

All
Arcade's and Arcade games
will be run under the name SEGA
as will all the home console games

Sammy will run the Pachinko michines side of things
where alot of money comes from.

Tough road for the home software side, but I suspect they'd be satisfied with being number one in Japan, which is more likely than being worldwide number 1 (to say the least). Haters will probably just skip over that date of completion. March 2009, that's a long time from now. Sega is here to stay.

Still, I cannot trust that list. Rez 2 being on there when the lead guy has left the company? Doesn't make sense.

Eric-GCA

Banned
jeez, how long have they been talking about a Skies 2? Sure it'll be nice if it ever gets off the ground, but as of now its just as up in the air as Duke Nukem Forever and Too Human.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sp0rsk said:
seriously.

guardian heroes isnt even a sega game.

actually sega owns the guardian heroes franchise. the credits of advance guardian heroes, which sega published in japan, indicate as much. but this report is clearly fiction anyway.

I want to see some f****** screenshots from Phantasy Star Universe and I also want to know the platform it is running on (hopefully not PC) and when it comes out.

And I have to add two other things: I hope that the sequel to Skies of Arcadia is an offline RPG and that the "New Panzer Dragoon (unconfirmed)" is a sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga. That would be so great.

doncale

Banned
I was really hoping Phantasy Star Universe is gonna be on nextgen platforms, and that stuff we saw at E3 was on PS3 or Xenon :p and that it does in fact contain PSV :D

Koshiro

This news is a load of garbage. Nothing but someone day dreaming. I mean, "New Ecco the Dolphin" is that online shark game ffs.

aoi tsuki

BlackClouds said:
Still, I cannot trust that list. Rez 2 being on there when the lead guy has left the company? Doesn't make sense.
Whether the article is true or right, the REZ name doens't belong to Mizaguchi, but apparently Sega. They could make a new Sonic game and call it REZ if they wanted

GigaDrive

Banned
I want a new Sonic R, with Live play. Kthx.

no offense to you at all, but fuck Sonic R. it's not even close to a franchise. what there was one Sonic R game on Saturn right? give us Daytona 1, 2 and 3 over LIVE. a nextgen Sega Rally on Xbox 2 or PS3 based hardware. Virtua Fighter 5. Phantasy Star 5 / Universe. and new versions of all the recognizable Sega games

GigaDrive said:
no offense to you at all, but fuck Sonic R. it's not even close to a franchise. what there was one Sonic R game on Saturn right? give us Daytona 1, 2 and 3 over LIVE. a nextgen Sega Rally on Xbox 2 or PS3 based hardware. Virtua Fighter 5. Phantasy Star 5 / Universe. and new versions of all the recognizable Sega games

Well bleh to you Sonic R rocked. Although the funny thing is you can kind of see how Sonic R influenced the direction of Sonic Adventure onwards. If Sonic Adventure/Heroes is a platformer/racer hybrid with the emphasis tipped towards platforming then Sonic R is a platformer/racer hybrid with the emphasis towards racing.

More Sonic R. Let the campaign begin here.

GigaDrive

Banned
Sega fans seem to long for a sequel to NiGHTS. I'm not really all that fond of the game. it was nice, and sure it would be nice to see a sequel. especially to satisfy those that desperately want one. even Sonic R. hell I don't mind. as long as we get sequels or remakes of more important Sega franchises like Alex Kidd and Wonderboy/Monsterland. Plus a truly ground breaking Sonic game that returns to Sonic's roots.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Well bleh to you Sonic R rocked. Although the funny thing is you can kind of see how Sonic R influenced the direction of Sonic Adventure onwards. If Sonic Adventure/Heroes is a platformer/racer hybrid with the emphasis tipped towards platforming then Sonic R is a platformer/racer hybrid with the emphasis towards racing.

More Sonic R. Let the campaign begin here.

Sonic Xtreme influenced Sonic Adventure far more than R.

Akira

I'd be so happy for this news if it weren't for the travesty that is Shenmue Online. Sega will somehow manage to screw up one of their few remaining gems. Hopefully not. And hopefully it's either on PS2/Xbox.

GigaDrive

Banned
Sega will be forgiven in my eyes for all their past wrongs if:

*Phantasy Star Universe contains a real Phantasy Star 5 RPG

*if there is a new Daytona USA ( 3 / LIVE) that is good, and if it includes all or most of the Daytona USA 2 content, including the original dome version of the oval track, as well as the original Daytona USA.

*if Altered Beast on PS2 is good

*if there is a Shenmue III and it is alot more fun than I/II which I loved but sadly was boring in the opinion of the average gamer & the mainstream.

partial forgiveness is still obtainable if some of the above is met :D

Bluemercury said:
Well im betting that SOA2 will be non-GC game......

If SOAL2 does exsist, I am betting it will be PS2 becuase alot of Japanese companies are moving away from GameCube. Sega may think SOAL2 will sell better on PS2 in Japan.

sonic4ever said:
If SOAL2 does exsist, I am betting it will be PS2 becuase alot of Japanese companies are moving away from GameCube. Sega may think SOAL2 will sell better on PS2 in Japan.

Still that's a way to screw their only fan base......

I can confirm that this is total bullshit; "Adam Doree at Kikizo" did not even do an interview with Hiaso Oguchi "recently" as this article says.

That does not mean several franchises will be returning soon (it just so happens that some will) but this article is pure bollocks.

jarrod

Banned
ManDudeChild said:
Sonic Xtreme influenced Sonic Adventure far more than R.
No it didn't... in fact Naka was the main reason Sonic Xtreme never saw release. While Sonic R was done under his supervision, using a tweaked ST developed engine...

Top Bottom