• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

PowderedToast

cameltoe said:
had no issues loading matches at all..mabey a lag issue?

you can configure the controls any way you like...
Possibly a lag issue yeah, I'd just read other people experiencing the same thing. I didn't know you could customise the controls, I didn't check. Thought it was worth commenting on the default settings though.

played for about an hour and jesus christ this thing has the most fucked up control schemes ever!

all of the presets suck! this is why shooters need a proper *full* config.

the actual game is decent though. it's not terrible by any stretch.

is it just me, or are the graphics worse than mercenaries 2?

The Faceless Master said:
played for about an hour and jesus christ this thing has the most fucked up control schemes ever!

all of the presets suck! this is why shooters need a proper *full* config.

the actual game is decent though. it's not terrible by any stretch.

is it just me, or are the graphics worse than mercenaries 2?

Question, have you played Socom before?

Acid08

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Is it possible to change the Crossroads map from LARGE to SMALL?

Its way too big for a 2v2 :(
I thought the maps scaled or whatever depending on how many people were playing on them?

Doel

Everyone who is playing this, press start during the game and change your view to "Classic Camera". Makes the game infinitely enjoyable. They need to stop trying to push the SHIT OTS view on us, christ. It's NOT good.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I just sat through three 5 minute waits for the game to load, and then i only spectated because half the people were dead already.... they better fix this quickly. Warhawk and other games load in seconds.

Doubledex

Banned
I am playing the beta now.
After ALL THESE MONTHS AND DELAYS we got THIS????? WHAT THE HELL?
SLANT SIX sucks! Worst developer ever

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I finally got around to registering my code LAST NIGHT. I'm guessing that is the reason for why I'm in one of the final waves of invites.

Dante

andydumi said:
I just sat through three 5 minute waits for the game to load, and then i only spectated because half the people were dead already.... they better fix this quickly. Warhawk and other games load in seconds.

Warhawk was buggy and slow as hell when the beta started. People really need to step back and realize what a beta is, and what will likely improve, this is not retail code.

btkadams

omg this is just like the r2 beta where everyone freaks about how its so bad when in reality its an old beta build, not the final game.

BeeDog

Dante said:
Warhawk was buggy and slow as hell when the beta started. People really need to step back and realize what a beta is, and what will likely improve, this is not retail code.

Of course, but at least the basics (so the game isn't nearly broken out of the gate) should be stable enough. Yes, even though it's a beta such things are enough to drive potential players away due to negative word-of-mouth.

I haven't managed to get into a game yet, so I'm not dissing the gameplay now myself...

Top Bottom