• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
FoxhoundNL said:
I would really like a Captive mode too. I hope they'll eventually patch it in. Hell, I'd even pay for it. It adds a whole new level of awesome to SOCOM. Not that I'm not happy with Suppresion, it's just that reviving team mates makes it even greater IMO. I absolutely HATE respawn games btw.
Indeed, it adds strategy to the game
with good team work matchs can last ages and a revival can turn the tides of the match
theres nothing like have 1 last survivor revive your whole team to wipeout the other team because they wasn't reviving their team mates
plus I was always a bastard for planting bombs on the ppl you kill so their teammates get a nice surprise then theytry and revive them :lol

TGO said:
Indeed, it adds strategy to the game
with good team work matchs can last ages and a revival can turn the tides of the match
theres nothing like have 1 last survivor revive your whole team to wipeout the other team because they wasn't reviving their team mates
plus I was always a bastard for planting bombs on the ppl you kill so their teammates get a nice surprise then theytry and revive them :lol
Yeah, memories! Haha, did the exact same thing. Two cheap, almost guaranteed kills.

What was your nickname/Which version did you play? US/EU?

J-Rzez

Only issue I have with the game is the horrid server latency issues, which they claim they will have fixed in a week. We'll see.

But my fear of gameplay issues? Not there. This is what I wanted out of this game. A S1/S2 gameplay hybrid that take the weight factor from S3 into play properly. The game is fantastic when it's not lagging, and will probably be getting all of my online shooter time for the next couple months at the very least.

I hope they don't change the speed of the game. It'll make it more like CoD4, and that is NOT a good thing. I don't want this to become an arcade like, bunny hoppin', fast running, still shoot with dead on accuracy even in full auto type cheap game. Keep the game requiring some skill. I love how it's a bit more realistic now with the movement speed really reflecting the amount of weight from the gear.

I know I'm a gaf newbie but if anyone has a free code hook me please :D Can't wait till friday for the qore people.

I just need the correct issue of Qore and not a year subscription right?

Drunkenthumbmaster said:
I know I'm a gaf newbie but if anyone has a free code hook me please :D Can't wait till friday for the qore people.

I just need the correct issue of Qore and not a year subscription right?

qore episode 1 has the beta download.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I fucking love this game!

Great couple of rounds there with Kyoufu, LiquidMetal14 and co.

I got disconnected though, and I've got some weird shit happening:

152gksx.jpg

And I've got the same shit as before: Got disconnected from a game and I get errors trying to rejoin it. I hope Sony can patch this soon.

game plays well. The loading in between matches, and loading into matches in for the first time is atrocious. why the fuck are there heat waves? just makes the game have a shittier framerate. I thought these guys were gonna be able to smooth everything out. but if theres 3 players on the screen shooting, frames -20.

overall the gameplay is awesome and the hit detection is some of the best. they better smooth everything else out.

Kyoufu

kassatsu said:
Everyone leaves when I start to get kills T_T

@industrian: i have that weird chinese/korean/unicode text too

Haha, we're starting a new one with different settings.

English Speaking 1
NeoGAF
32 player

i never knew the grenade launchers were so accurate until liquid metal hit me in the face when i was hiding in the bushes from across the map. if only mercs didnt get whooped so bad:lol

GQman2121

Banned
How the fuck do you set you weapons to quick switch?

I'm a sniper, so I want to have my secondary weapon (handgun) as my quick switch, but there doesn't seem to be a clearcut (simple) way to do that. There is no indication telling me that any of the guns are mapped to L1. And every time the round restarts or I die, I have to bring up that ridiculous circle menu and fumble around with trying to figure it out.

What was wrong with having the little menu come up next to your weapon?

kassatsu

Banned
GQman2121 said:
How the fuck do you set you weapons to quick switch?

I'm a sniper, so I want to have my secondary weapon (handgun) as my quick switch, but there doesn't seem to be a clearcut (simple) way to do that. There is no indication telling me that any of the guns are mapped to L1. And every time the round restarts or I die, I have to bring up that ridiculous circle menu and fumble around with trying to figure it out.

What was wrong with having the little menu come up next to your weapon?
The quick switch is the last item picked with O. So pick the hand gun with O and it should be l1 with quick switch then.

industrian

I see the new game. GAF on English Speaking 1.

I'll be joining in a few minutes, having something to eat atm.

Arsenic

kassatsu said:
Does this game ever timeout? I have been waiting for like 5min for the game to start.
nope. theres no back or cancel button either, unlike the previous socom games.

btw, where you in that Dead room in east 8? i called you out earlier (about 1-2 hours ago)

kassatsu

Banned
Arsenic said:
nope. theres no back or cancel button either, unlike the previous socom games.

btw, where you in that Dead room in east 8? i called you out earlier (about 1-2 hours ago)
Yea, I didnt have my headset in for that game.

Is there anyway to change your load out without dying? And is it possible to make preset load outs, for easy switching? When I created my characters, I was allowed to have multiple saves (sniper, assault, heavy..), but I couldn't figure out how to access them in-game.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If you guys are ready to set up password protected rooms, I'll move this thread to online to keep the lurkers out.

So a fellow GAFfer tossed me a code and I'm d/ling now. Is there a GAF clan yet? How are BT headsets working atm? I've never played Socom before, any good advice?

industrian

freethought said:
Is there a GAF clan yet?

Yes. I'm not sure who started it.

freethought said:
How are BT headsets working atm?

From my experience (I'm using the Warhawk Jabra): Perfectly.

freethought said:
I've never played Socom before, any good advice?

I never played SOCOM before this, and my best advice to you is: stay in a group, fire in controlled bursts, and don't do anything stupid.

That and make sure you equip two RPGs. :)

Trevelyan

Banned
Sorry had to leave early, everyone, but gotta get ready for some college football ;p. Some really GREAT games there. Really tense stuff. Should be on much later tonight. And yeah, I want a GAF clan invite =(

Doel

bishoptl said:
If you guys are ready to set up password protected rooms, I'll move this thread to online to keep the lurkers out.
:( Can it get moved back?

This was really meant to be a SOCOM info and eventual review/impressions thread. There should probably be a different thread on the online board for setting up games.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
From what I heard and read on the SOCOM forums, the graphics in the final game will be better.

They made the beta ugly on purpose, because they wanted that everything starts running smooth after a while in the beta (Yes I know it sounds strange ^^ )

Edit: I was quoting someone who said that the game looks terrible, but the quote is gone :(

GQman2121

Banned
Kingsora said:
From what I heard and read on the SOCOM forums, the graphics in the final game will be better.

They made the beta ugly on purpose, because they wanted that everything starts running smooth after a while in the beta (Yes I know it sounds strange ^^ )

Edit: I was quoting someone who said that the game looks terrible, but the quote is gone :(

Because the psycho's on the PSU boards always have inside info like that. :p

That board is a fucking nightmare.

GQman2121

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
well got Qore 1

and it says "This item is currently not available or has already been downloaded"

booooo

It doesn't start until next Friday (the 12th) for Qore.

edit: Irish just scored again, so I'm ready to jump online now. There's five or so minutes left and I'm out of smokes, so I'll have to find something else to do while the game loads the other fifteen minutes.

Smidget

After a day or so of trying to get into it, the gameplay mechanics are just not for me, gonna go cancel my preorder tonight. Glad I could try it out and see if I liked it.... I'll still try next week some more when they make it a lot less frustrating to get in, but oh well, just not for me!

Top Bottom