• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

dralla

damn, I've been playing with the M16 for all these years, It's tough to use other weapons, it just feels right when I use it. I'm gonna mess around with C4's tonight..one thing I noticed is the lack of land mines, people abused them in S2 and I haven't seen anyone use them yet.

some other things, my controls don't save for some reason, I have Zoom In on R3 and it's not working :[ Where's the Party option? I see Party Invites in the Community tab but no way to Party up, do I need a clan? I'd love a "training" mode where you get to run around an empty map, try out weapons, learn the layout, ect. I also don't feel any difference between the armor types.

depward

I'm logging into the servers almost on the first try every time now but I can't join a game - sit at the yellow loading wheel for 10 mins before restarting.

peetfeet

Not sure if posted but.......

Due to overwhelming demand for the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta, we are experiencing load related issues. These issues are causing abnormal latency, disconnects, long load times, login errors and community features such as clans and stats not functioning correctly (or at all).

We are doing everything we can to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and you should see some improvements progressively over the next couple of days. However, we do not expect to have the issues completely resolved until close to the end of next week.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

Source: http://socom.us.playstation.com/post/2008/09/SOCOM-CONFRONTATION-PUBLIC-BETA-UPDATE.aspx

depward

Are you guys in & playing or are we all sitting at the loading screen? I've had problems all today getting into games..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Damn, lost my connection.

That was a lot of fun though. I used classic cam. Definitely brought back memories. Very solid gunplay, great sounds. Not as ugly as people would have you believe.

Good sense of teamwork and companionship. Good voice support.

Nice game. Worthy socom successor.

Cruzader

Banned
I always enter a 20+ match only to get there(after the dreaded 10 min load) with like 12 ppls...wtf! I have never been in a game with more than 20 ppls..sucks. Also you GAF ppls stop making 16 player matches only! That map is huge!!!!

Can you guys also make the amount of kills b4 match ends >10 plz?? I played one that went up to 60 kills (20 min match) and it was fun as hell!!! When both teams get close it gets so good.

dralla

Cruzader said:
I always enter a 20+ match only to get there(after the dreaded 10 min load) with like 12 ppls...wtf! I have never been in a game with more than 20 ppls..sucks. Also you GAF ppls stop making 16 player matches only! That map is huge!!!!

They're probably selecting the Large variant, there's the regular Crossroads map designed for 16 people, which is 20 times better than the large version.

ravien56

Just played my first game with some gaf members, liquid metal, maggot and nemesis and 3 others....we need more people in the game, 6 players for that huge map is so bad, but im loving this game, it doent feel the same as socom 2 but it still has the feel, my only real complaint is the fucking loading>_<

Trevelyan

Banned
mh56 said:
Just played my first game with some gaf members, liquid metal, maggot and nemesis and 3 others....we need more people in the game, 6 players for that huge map is so bad, but im loving this game, it doent feel the same as socom 2 but it still has the feel, my only real complaint is the fucking loading>_<
I'll be on for the rest of the night when the Miami/UF game ends. Hopefully some gaffers will still be on then.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
FoxhoundNL said:
Yeah, memories! Haha, did the exact same thing. Two cheap, almost guaranteed kills.

What was your nickname/Which version did you play? US/EU?
Holy shit, I remember you & your clan of NL's:lol
it was SOCOM FTB1 on the EU servers
My name was oANUBISo(My PSN ID) or Old Snake and I use to always play with B Baby most of the time, you probably don't remember me
Those were goodtime, I was hoping to find someone from the good'ol days :D
Add me if ya like

JB1981

You really need a good scope mod to hit people well in this game. I just started using the ACOG and I can finally kill people now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
JB1981 said:
You really need a good scope mod to hit people well in this game. I just started using the ACOG and I can finally kill people now.
ACOG is my main choice as well. Always use it in other games too.

GQman2121

Banned
Having to snipe some people more than once is getting kind of old for me, but I'm dealing with it.

Is someone making a new GAF room because the fucking thing just crashed......?

dralla

damn, VIP sucks on CR...everyone just puts all the VIP's in the spawn room and camp it, just goes to show you how maps are made with certain gametypes in mind.

I did finally get some claymore kills though :]

LiquidMetal14

GQman2121 said:
Having to snipe some people more than once is getting kind of old for me, but I'm dealing with it.

Is someone making a new GAF room because the fucking thing just crashed......?
remaking it now. 5 minutes. english speaking 1, GAF 32p

GQman2121

Banned
dralla said:
damn, VIP sucks on CR...everyone just puts all the VIP's in the spawn room and camp it, just goes to show you how maps are made with certain gametypes in mind.

I did finally get some claymore kills though :]

The game won't let me even lay claymores; they're crossed out for me where ever I go.

LiquidMetal14

GQman2121 said:
The game won't let me even lay claymores; they're crossed out for me where ever I go.
Certain modes restrict that I believe.

And for those who were on the server just now. The game froze on me. I will give it anothe go tomorow. Time for something else or Vesperia.

Kyoufu

JB1981 said:

I never use scopes :x

its all about run and gun baby!

Nakazato

Any one that wants in the gaf clan send me a PSN Friends invite FFXI_Isamu after i put u in the clan you can delete me if you want

dralla

GQman2121 said:

Crouch and look at the ground, can only place them on flat surfaces. If you like to snipe, put some on your blind side, saved my ass a couple of times.

Acid08

Banned
If I set up a Gaf server will anyone join? Oh what the hell. Server is NeoGaf in English Speaking 1 password Believe

Anyone have any extra beta codes? It'd be appreciated. Got a lot of fond memories of SOCOM 2 and a few of 3. Hoping Confrontation turns out well.

Top Bottom