• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Kyoufu

I noticed that when you're NOT in the proximity of an enemy, your player doesn't hold the gun like someone would be, and vice versa.

Oh and my PSN should be obvious.

Steroyd said:
Will join in a minute!

On another note, something is wrong with my hotmail I can log into my e-mail account no problems but I can't open any of my e-mails, like the link is broken does anyone know a solution to this.

I ask because I may have an extra beta code I have an e-mail about joining the Socom beta but I can't open it.

We had some good times in Warhawk didn't we buddy :D

Defuser

The weapon selection is kinda cumbersome,how many I got my killed because I was fumbling to switch back to my primary weapon.

Kyoufu

Defuser said:
The weapon selection is kinda cumbersome,how many I got my killed because I was fumbling to switch back to my primary weapon.

Whats the matter? your rocket missed? :lol :lol

Nakazato

I saw some1 with GAF clan tag so is the offical gaf clan up checked post and no one said they were going to make it and i dont see it in the clan forum

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Well they were a good few rounds with Doc Evil and Kyoufu before I got disconnected. :/

And I love them rockets.

Defuser said:

Pressing L1 is cumbersome?

BeeDog

Wtf, I just tried to connect to Doc's game, and I got stuck looking at a Round Finished screen (with the stats being 0 for everyone), while I could still hear shootouts and mic communication. Couldn't access any menu whatsoever, so had to quit everything. :lol

This is barely an alpha damnit.

Arsenic

industrian said:
Well they were a good few rounds with Doc Evil and Kyoufu before I got disconnected. :/

And I love them rockets.

Pressing L1 is cumbersome?
you know theres also a handgun and another slot for grenades/c4/rockets. L1 is not that much of a friend

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Arsenic said:
you know theres also a handgun and another slot for grenades/c4/rockets. L1 is not that much of a friend

He explicitly mentioned that he was switching back to his primary weapon.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Doc Evils said:
fecks sake I got kicked out again and got random symbols on my screen. There must be some kind of hosting bug.
And you're the host? Hmmm, didn't happen to me last night. Hope it's not a surfacing bug and affects the games later.

Doc Evils

LiquidMetal14 said:
And you're the host? Hmmm, didn't happen to me last night. Hope it's not a surfacing bug and affects the games later.

Yep, happens when I am host. First one made my controller vibrate like crazy and this time I got random symbols on the screen.

oneHeero

I have a code but I'm not giving it to just someone who quotes me, to many people lose out that way.

So think of something that will make me pick you.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
oneHeero said:
I have a code but I'm not giving it to just someone who quotes me, to many people lose out that way.

Cruel, cruel man :lol

Kyoufu

Any chance of hosting a GAF server with a password on it? I get the feeling I'm playing with random people too many times.

PuMa

image001.jpg

Pick me!

oneHeero said:

Keep your fucking code, I can live without it and FUCK YOU I just quoted you BITCH!!

I hope that worked

BeeDog

This shit is borderline broken, it has happened several times on loading up a map that I'm stuck in spectator mode (can't spawn) or am stuck with watching a Finished Round screen while the action is still going. Also, on EVERY server I've played on, extreme lag occurs, with lag pauses sometimes as often as every 3-4 seconds (like a small pause where your character gets stuck).

It also doesn't help that the load times are completely ridiculous, and the laggy menus are off-putting. I guess I'll wait until the patch is released, the gameplay is surprisingly fun, but all the other fuckups are sad.

Steroyd

Still havn't been able to connect to a game yet. :lol

I get up to the starting game menu screen, I swear that yellow cricle might s well be my PS3 screensaver.

BeeDog said:
This shit is borderline broken, it has happened several times on loading up a map that I'm stuck in spectator mode (can't spawn) or am stuck with watching a Finished Round screen while the action is still going. Also, on EVERY server I've played on, extreme lag occurs, with lag pauses sometimes as often as every 3-4 seconds (like a small pause where your character gets stuck).

It also doesn't help that the load times are completely ridiculous, and the laggy menus are off-putting. I guess I'll wait until the patch is released, the gameplay is surprisingly fun, but all the other fuckups are sad.

Its a beta........calm down.....don't do betas if you only want a perfect experience.

BeeDog

cjtiger300 said:
Its a beta........calm down.....don't do betas if you only want a perfect experience.

I don't think that excuse cuts it when so many fundamental things aren't up to snuff. I may be overly harsh, but at least it's somewhat of a reality check. :p

BeeDog

cameltoe said:
all the shit you are complaining about is related to lag....it will be ironed out in a few days man....relax.

Hopefully. At least the devs are getting server usage feedback I assume. :lol

Arsenic

industrian said:
He explicitly mentioned that he was switching back to his primary weapon.
I know what he mentioned, but even so its really fucking annoying to even pick a weapon.

Its like:

-Press and hold circle
-While holding circle, press and hold the direction button corresponding to ur choice of weapon.
-Release Circle
-Then release the direction button

Just to pull out a handgun in the middle of a fight? Thats a little annoying dont you guys think?

GodofWine

This game already is better than Metal Gear Online.

My only gripe is aiming in close quarters, I wish it slowed the speed down of your aiming while firing or something...but thats something I'll just have to stop sucking at.

GodofWine said:

My only gripe is aiming in close quarters, I wish it slowed the speed down of your aiming while firing or something...but thats something I'll just have to stop sucking at.

Thank you god.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
GodofWine said:

*eye roll*

TuxBobble

Yea, I'd have to revise my statement and point out that "Network Initialization Failed" is the most annoying message of past 24 hours.

The game could be fun if I could actually play it...I had a good time w/ it yesterday, so...I don't really know what to do about it all now.

I guess no one's having any luck today so far?

dralla

DesertEasy said:
But when I go to add shit all I get are scopes and a 203...=/

Edit: NVM didn't know you could press left and right.

Yea, they really need to do a better job of letting people know you can switch, just add a left/right d-pad button on the bottom of the HUD.

GodofWine said:

that's what makes SOCOM, SOCOM. if it slowed you down it be just like every other tactical shooter.

BTW, I suggest putting Zoom In on R3, reload on D-Pad up. The zoom is very choppy though :[ but it should all be sorted out once the full game is released

Top Bottom