• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Fizzle

Any word if the graphics will improve on release day?

No word of a lie, my bro thought i was playing a PS2 game at a first glance.

ice cream

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Saw this on Play.com. UK.

5800722x.jpg

£30 with headset.
Is this the official wireless headset? Like with the dock and everything?

ice cream

Banned
Oh ok, then fuck yeah I'm ordering this... Even though I've never even played a SOCOM game before... Anyone know when reviews are comming out? Oh and why the hell is it comming out so much later in the UK?

Dibbz

This is still a PSN game right?

It's hitting US tomorrow but Europe isn't getting it till November or something. Anyone know if Sony are releasing it on the store a month early like they did for Warhawk?

Xater

Dibbz said:
This is still a PSN game right?

It's hitting US tomorrow but Europe isn't getting it till November or something. Anyone know if Sony are releasing it on the store a month early like they did for Warhawk?

That's what I want to know too. The other solution would be i it was shareable so I could buy it with my US account but play it with my Euro one and it would also need to have worldwide online play.

Is this really not out for so long in Europe?

Well, that's done them out of a sale. I don't have a shooter to play right now, and haven't played one for a while. Would have liked to have given this a go.

Oh well.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Ramirez said:
Give me a break. If this is a "true" beta, then how in the hell do you expect all of these problems to be gone before it launches? I mean really.

There should be a rule.

Any beta on any console is a fucking marketing event.

Doel

From this thread.

Shawnwhann said:
Got into a game for a second and had about 5 mins of gameplay before the servers crashed. There were only about 5 people playing online total. The loading times were around 30-40 seconds, menu lag appears to be gone, the frame rate issues were non-existant in the Crossroads map (pretty steady 30fps), headset worked perfectly and then the game server crashed...

Lobby setup works by selecting your region, then selecting the various open matches. Creating a match was easy enough and the host has a lot of options to create map playlists, set weapon options, friendly fire etc etc.

Looking forward to giving this a run when theoretically the switch to turn on everything will be flipped. BTW, there are no areas in game or the manual that references trophies. Looks like it'll be a patch scenario...

GQman2121

Banned
Gamecocks625 said:
Anyone find it in stores yet?

It's all over the place here in Baltimore right now. I'm holding off for the PSN version, but I also want to read at lease one review.

Also, the lack of Trophies out of the box is a bit odd. This game is seeming more and more like a rush job...........

panda21

how does this compare to something like metal gear online? is it more like COD/counterstrike? the hyperactiveness of COD4 made me stop playing it (eventually :lol) and i doubt mgo will have a decent sized community for much longer

Rest easy guys, from playing another two hours this morning; it appears the main issues with the beta are not issues in the retail version. Played games on several maps and the frame rate wasn't a mess like the beta was, connection issues are fairly minimal, and the loading times (outside of the initial load of 30-40 seconds) are no longer an issue. I;m utterly convinced that this game does not support trophies out of the box, hopefully a patch is coming very soon to enable them. Feel free to ask questions about the game and I'll do my best to answer.

Greg

Just picked the game up with the headset - I was initially going to wait for the PSN release, but the headset deal is just too good to pass up.

Called a few places and they all seemed to be getting their daily/weekly shipments in right now - picked mine up at Game Crazy because that was that was the closest place to me (Ohio).

I'll be firing it up in a few minutes, but I'm sure the initial install/patch will set me back an hour or so.

Nightz

Shawnwhann said:
Rest easy guys, from playing another two hours this morning; it appears the main issues with the beta are not issues in the retail version. Played games on several maps and the frame rate wasn't a mess like the beta was, connection issues are fairly minimal, and the loading times (outside of the initial load of 30-40 seconds) are no longer an issue. I;m utterly convinced that this game does not support trophies out of the box, hopefully a patch is coming very soon to enable them. Feel free to ask questions about the game and I'll do my best to answer.
Bummer about the trophies, but thanks for the other impressions. I've been waiting to hear something about the game's performance...glad they're positive.

Greg

Connection is going slow as shit right now for some reason - getting the 1.10 patch now and it'll be about 45 minutes by my estimation.

Doel

Probably won't have it till tomorrow due to Canadian Thanksgiving that was on Monday (so shipments are a day late).

Greg

Is this the official topic? The game deserves some gaming discussion time before it slips back to this board again.

Doel

Greg said:
Is this the official topic? The game deserves some gaming discussion time before it slips back to this board again.
It was supposed to be. I wasn't very happy that it was moved here to begin with...

This wasn't meant to be a get-together topic.

Greg

Doel said:
It was supposed to be. I wasn't very happy that it was moved here to begin with...

This wasn't meant to be a get-together topic.
Yeah, the beta fucked that up.

You should create a new one or message a mod to move it - the game deserves a good week of exposure on the main board... I think the whole package, especially with the headset, is a steal.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Make a new thread in gaming for the release, with this one remaining here for the long-term community stuff.

rSpooky

PSN: McSpooky
is there a GAF channel up now?

edit: grr seems servers went on the fritz again..screw it ..gonna watch some baseball (against better judgment) and hope my sox live.

Nos_G

I started the GAF clan. If you have received a friend's invite from me, it's because I can't add you to the clan without having you as a friend or have played with you recently.

Everyone from my last post down has been sent a friends' invite or if you are already on my list, then you have been sent a clan invite.

Cheers.

EDIT: Shoot, I picked USA for the clan... seems like it's permanent.

tenchir

I didn't get an invite.

PSN: tenchir

I noticed the server is a lot better now, I don't have any errors at all.

edit: Nevermind, I thought it was invited through socom, turns out I have to do it through xmb.

Nos_G

Hey guys, I'll try to add all of you guys that received friends' invite from me to the clan when I get the chance.

Nakazato, I'll send you a friend's invite and a clan one thereafter.

I also need a volunteer to take on the clan leadership, since my availability is sketchy at the moment.

Any takers?

Edit: Ok, clan invites went out to all of you except for Rotbot and FFXI_Isamu, on the account that you guys have to accept my friend's list invite first.

tenchir

Nos_G said:
Hey guys, I'll try to add all of you guys that received friends' invite from me to the clan when I get the chance.

Nakazato, I'll send you a friend's invite and a clan one thereafter.

I also need a volunteer to take on the clan leadership, since my availability is sketchy at the moment.

Any takers?

Edit: Ok, clan invites went out to all of you except for Rotbot and FFXI_Isamu, on the account that you guys have to accept my friend's list invite first.

How do you accept the invite? I don't see it.

Top Bottom