• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soft Serve vs. Hard Scoop Ice Cream. Which is the best!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Don't fucking argue about ice cream, fucking hell. You people don't know how good you've got it. Out of all the fucking things to ruin with arguing you people are ruining ice cream, fucking ice cream oh my god like the best fucking thing in this world and you people are ruining it jesus christ i'm not a believer but fuck if y'all ain't sinners upon this holy earth, fucking arguing about the gift from the gods that is ice cream.

Goddamn.

John, you're good people.

meijiko

Generally hard scoop, and the more junk in it the better, but if I'm eating from a cone I prefer soft serve so I can lick it.

If I'm at Braum's, though, I get soft serve twist every time. That shit is a step above every other ice cream I've had.

Chickadee

Unconfirmed Member
I love both, but soft serve holds a special place for me since I can't have it at home.

Also soft serve in a root beer float is heavenly!!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Soft serve!!

e1d8a0c9846d6628349cee0d7230ec46.jpg

Hazmat

Soft serve is better in a cone, but regular (hard?) ice cream is better in a bowl. The best of both worlds is either a waffle cone bowl with hard ice cream or a cone with it just plopped in a bowl.

johnsmith

remember me
Soft serve for me. There's a regional chain here called Arctic Circle (think Dairy Queen) that has the best soft serve in the world. I'm addicted to their cones.

aparisi2274

Depends..

If I am in the mood for Choc/Vanilla, I get soft serve. If I am in the mood for Cookies and cream or cookie dough, I go hard scoop.

Damn... now I want ice cream

Alphahawk

I'll straight up confess that I was unaware that there was a difference. I always thought that "soft serve" was just an adjective that could be placed in front of any type of ice cream.

There's a reason why there's no Soul Coughing song called Hard Scoop
actually there's not, I just like the song Soft Serve

Timo

I generally go for soft serve. Frozen yogurt, specifically Columbo french vanilla with rainbow sprinkles is my jam.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Hard scoop? Do you mean normal ice cream? It shouldn't be hard.

All good, but... Soft serve for hot fudge sundaes or caramel. Frozen yogurt for dry toppings. Hard scoop for root beer floats. Hard scoop also for a more substantial feel when eating plain ice cream, but based on the one time I had truly high quality gelato I think it's the champ for plain.

Try this trick.

Take your storebought hard icecream. Put it in the bowl. Then start mashing it. Mash it with a spoon.. It'll actually condense it a bit. Do it quickly and whip it as fast as you can. Somehow, the taste and texture becomes 10 times better. You just have to whip and eat it before it gets melty, but it's sooo good.

Javaman

I start with vanilla hard serve ice cream with a squirt of chocolate syrup and after eating half, mostly around the chocolate I mix it up all together into a tan awesome sauce. (Softserve)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
tumblr_inline_mu4opaAKSM1rok1mk.gif

I hadn't realized how bad her teeth are aligned. You really see it after the ice cream circles around them :S

There's a place near me that makes the best soft serve, they do some many random and unique flavors.

I had their toasted coconut soft serve with some peanut butter soft serve and it was absolutely delicious.

BVHEw.jpg

Now I want to go get some...

Hard, obviously.

Soft serve is garbage 90% of the time, but even garbage ice cream > no ice cream.

DQ blizzards somehow hit that middle level of soft and hard ice cream.

I don't like the cones in which soft ice cream is served. Waffle cones all the way

those flat bottom, non-sugar cones are gross

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Thriftys hard scoop cookies and cream is my number one pick. Its like nostalgia with every bite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom