• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some of Black Mesa Source finally has a release date

xemumanic

...........Sept. 14th

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=480683#post480683

Quote:

Community Update

We're freaking out over here! It is so exciting to share this news with you!

You can now Download the Black Mesa Soundtrack, courtesy of our very own Joel Nielsen, at the very generous price of whatever you want! Enjoy and share!
In the near future you'll see our Website, Wiki and Forums all taken down temporarily for renovations.
On September 14th you will see the first release of Black Mesa! This will include our re-envisioning of Half-Life all the way up to Lambda Core. We believe this is a great way to provide a complete-feeling 8-10 hour experience with a solid ending, make our fans happy and help us make the best overall game possible.

We are still working hard on Xen and BMDM, but instead of making you wait we are giving you Black Mesa as soon as it's ready! We're doing our best to help bring the immense vision of this project into reality, and we are very excited for what the future brings!

High-Fives Yo,
Carlos Montero - Project Leader

It seems it isn't the complete game, but rather than keep us waiting further, they're gonna release the first part of the game. It is, however, the overwhelming majority of the game, all that's missing is the Xen level

UPDATE: The game will be released around 10:45 Eastern, at http://release.blackmesasource.com/pages/download_manager.html and ShackNews as well as HERE (Thanks to ekim for the torrent link) Steam (eventually), since the title was Greenlit.

VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you have installed the Steam Source SDK 2007 from Steam, It can be found in the tools section.

Dgott

Banned
Sorry apparently I'm stupid and missed something..... Can someone explain what Black Mesa is? I know it's from the Half Life universe and is it a fan remake or something?

...........Sept. 14th

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/showthread.php?p=480683#post480683

Quote:

Community Update

We're freaking out over here! It is so exciting to share this news with you!

You can now Download the Black Mesa Soundtrack, courtesy of our very own Joel Nielsen, at the very generous price of whatever you want! Enjoy and share!
In the near future you'll see our Website, Wiki and Forums all taken down temporarily for renovations.
On September 14th you will see the first release of Black Mesa! This will include our re-envisioning of Half-Life all the way up to Lambda Core. We believe this is a great way to provide a complete-feeling 8-10 hour experience with a solid ending, make our fans happy and help us make the best overall game possible.

We are still working hard on Xen and BMDM, but instead of making you wait we are giving you Black Mesa as soon as it's ready! We're doing our best to help bring the immense vision of this project into reality, and we are very excited for what the future brings!

High-Fives Yo,
Carlos Montero - Project Leader

It seems it isn't the complete game, but rather than keep us waiting further, they're gonna release the first part of the game.

Season pass calling it now.

hiryu64

prU4G.gif

xemumanic

I didn't read the OP entirely and missed this fact.

They're dying to keep attention on this mod.

I usually post in threads, not start them. I was still working out how to best present the information. So yeah, I'll bold it instead of the quote.

Emitan

"Black Mesa Finally has a release date"

Never.

"It seems it isn't the complete game, but rather than keep us waiting further, they're gonna release the first part of the game."

Ahahahahahaha

MormaPope

Banned
I usually post in threads, not start them. I was still working out how to best present the information. So yeah, I'll bold it instead of the quote.

Naw, it isn't a problem on your end. I expected them to release the full game, after you bolded it though I saw that info.

Sober

"Black Mesa Finally has a release date"

Never.

"It seems it isn't the complete game, but rather than keep us waiting further, they're gonna release the first part of the game."

Ahahahahahaha
"They're waiting for you Gordon, in the Test Chamber."

TO BE CONTINUED.

i'll play it when it comes out. i've a feeling it'll probably be torn to shreds here and other places, but i'm interested in how it turned out.

Angry Fork

Here comes cynical gaf to chime in about it not being the full thing, the same ones who whine about them not releasing anything in forever.

Will play this shit day one, can't wait. I didn't really like the last levels of HL1 so the exclusion doesn't bother me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wish them the best. Hopefully its good. So much stacked against mods like this. I imagine if a lot of people think it sucks they wont finish it. They might be seeking a morale boost with this.

xJavonta

Banned
The voice acting was terribad in the leaked video. But I'll still give this a shot since it's free and I have nothing to lose.

I cannot believe that this is finally getting released. I hope we don't get stuck with a half complete mod and they actually finish it.
The voice acting was terribad in the leaked video. But I'll still give this a shot since it's free and I have nothing to lose.
Never heard it. Is there a link around still?

The team really is doing its best to out-Valve Valve. :p

Black Mesa Episode 1: Sept 14th 2012
Black Mesa Episode 2: Sept 14th 2013
Black Mesa Episode 3: Canceled in favor for the Half-Life 2 remake: Black Mesa 2. ETA: 2018 -2019

But really, they said the first installment will be playable up to the Lambada Core.... which is the area before the Xen levels.

Top Bottom