• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Sometimes you get no visual or sound for boost pads but they still launch you, weird bug I noticed when doing lots of time trials.

Ah fair enough. As long as they still function, I don't mind. Hopefully they'll iron the bug out in a patch. I'm sure they're probably aware of the issue already anyway!

Berordn

That looks like the normal level layout and not a boost race layout, sumo goofed up then :p Boost race layouts have no item pickups and a boost pad at every possible place.

More problematic than not having boost pads, it doesn't even seem to have the checkpoints.

KrawlMan

Whats the framerate on the wii u one? Looks smoother than the hd twins for sure.

Couldn't tell you personally. I haven't noticed any significant hiccups, then again I've played plenty of PC games that I couldn't lock at 30 without being bothered at all (blasphemy I know).

The Wii U version has been great so far (other than being unable to complete the boost challenge due to a glitch). The off screen single player/local split screen is really cool.

I can't recommend though until I know if that glitch is with all copies or just me. I think it's just me :(

Anybody have any ideas on who to contact about this?

Neifirst

Who purchased the Wii U version? My copy arrives this Wednesday.

I've got the Wii U version and will play this first as soon as the update finishes (about 30 minutes in right now) and I transfer my Wii data, make the Mii, etc, etc. So much to do before actually playing a game nowadays - life was much simpler in 1991 when you threw Mario World in, powered on, and pressed start!

B-Dex

The Wii U version has been great so far (other than being unable to complete the boost challenge due to a glitch). The off screen single player/local split screen is really cool.

I can't recommend though until I know if that glitch is with all copies or just me. I think it's just me :(

Anybody have any ideas on who to contact about this?

S0L posts here but you could also post it on the sega forums for the game. They probably check there more often.

Berordn

So I found a video of Outrun Bay on the 360 and watched them side by side with normalmode's video of Outrun Bay on the Wii U.

I watched them with 720p HD on youtube, but I think the Wii U's visuals are just a tad sharper and the colors are cooler than the 360 version. Looks like the Wii U version just may be the best after all :)

Looks like I might be triple-dipping on this, assuming the PC version runs well
and has team fortress
... and if they fix this bizarre world tour bug.

Berordn

What's nintendo's policy on patches? to fix that boost challenge, it's going to be extremely annoying to a lot of new players.

There's a few on 3DS, and evidently the Wii U has the infrastructure for them already, so they'll probably patch it soon. Sumo's probably waiting to be able to knock out a bunch of bugs at once, though.

Het_Nkik

Haha, going crazy with that Boost Challenge on the Wii U version. Managed to make it around THE ENTIRE TRACK and still failed.

Decided to check this thread. Stupid fucking glitch. Hope this is cleared up soon.

SpokkX

How is the wii u version framerate compared to 360/ps3?

Someone with a good eye should be able to determine if there are any fps drops on wii u at least

Goron2000

best junior ever
I've played the game on all platforms and the wii u version is by a small margin the best looking and has the best framerate.

ShadiWulf

OMG.... I just.... need to wait :(

Thx bro!

i don't think it will be that long, Sonic Adventure 2 PC release is about a month later. so expect that probably. For some reason SEGA doesn't want to release PC counterparts right away anymore. Oh well, gives them more time to debug it.

i don't think it will be that long, Sonic Adventure 2 PC release is about a month later. so expect that probably. For some reason SEGA doesn't want to release PC counterparts right away anymore. Oh well, gives them more time to debug it.

You're right, it happened with SA2 and according to Sega it will be launched tomorrow, so I'd rather that they take their time to debug it and launch a decent port... in the meantime I'll be playing SA2!

Thank you bro :)

I hope you're right. I'd love for it to be released this year. It's a great game that deserves more attention but it also deserves a better framerate and higher resolution! ;)

hatchx

Banned
Weird that this game was not at my EBgames. The dude said it wasn't in their system and didn't even know it was coming out.

Boogiepop

Anyone know if something is weird with the distribution on the WiiU version? Couldn't find it at either the Best Buy or Toys R Us near me, even though they seemed to have pretty much all the other launch games.

hatchx

Banned
Anyone know if something is weird with the distribution on the WiiU version? Couldn't find it at either the Best Buy or Toys R Us near me, even though they seemed to have pretty much all the other launch games.

Who knows. It's been such a cluster fuck of a launch. We don't know anything about a number of the ports.

It wasn't at my EBgames, hoping it is on the eshop.

ShadiWulf

I hope you're right. I'd love for it to be released this year. It's a great game that deserves more attention but it also deserves a better framerate and higher resolution! ;)

You're right, it happened with SA2 and according to Sega it will be launched tomorrow, so I'd rather that they take their time to debug it and launch a decent port... in the meantime I'll be playing SA2!

Thank you bro :)

Yeah. I want the game on PC too. Been planning to upgrade my GPU for both PSO2 and this game, but also getting the PS3 version.

I'm personally worried about NiGHTS PC. Apparently it hasn't sold well on XBLA, don't know PSN sales, but if it did bad there too, SEGA might not have any incentive to even release it on PC.

Yeah. I want the game on PC too. Been planning to upgrade my GPU for both PSO2 and this game, but also getting the PS3 version.

I'm personally worried about NiGHTS PC. Apparently it hasn't sold well on XBLA, don't know PSN sales, but if it did bad there too, SEGA might not have any incentive to even release it on PC.

I ended up grabbing the 360 version a couple of days ago at a local Target and it's been a blast. One part of me wants the PC version, right now. But the other part wants to be able to enjoy the game to the fullest and it's hard knowing a porentially superior version is right around the corner.

God, I hope I'm not jinxing the PC release. I'll be so bummed if they lock the framerate or something.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the control (both PS3 and 360), I hope that NiGHTS see the light for the PC!

Berordn

Something I've noticed that really helps in some of the S-rank races and events; the CPU never air drifts, even in places where it wouldn't be that hard to execute. Sanctuary Falls and even the Golden Axe race got a lot easier once I found safe places to pull off rank 3 air drifts.

It was announced for PC alongside the other two, so there's no way that the port isn't already finished and just being withheld like they did with every other digital release. The controls complaints might have held a lot of people off from buying, and maybe they're fixing that alongside a patch for the HD twins.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Same thing happening to me. I tried it like 5 times and thought I was missing something. Sucks that you can't progress in the game without beating this event - hopefully it's patched asap.

I'm thankful that Nintendo's patch fee is free. Hopefully they would put it up asap. I'm going to test online now.

Played it on Wii U. It's pretty much identical to the 360 demo. The framerate is not 30. Appears to be more like 25. Graphically its just as muddy looking as the 360 demo. Feels like a bit of a letdown after the great first game in the series. Blah.

I'm thankful that Nintendo's patch fee is free. Hopefully they would put it up asap. I'm going to test online now.

Free patches doesn't = fast patches. It still has to go through all the hoops that patches on other consoles go through.

ShadiWulf

the netcode on all versions is apparently glitchy, which sucks.. but campaign mode will keep me really busy until that is all fixed. lol, with all those insanely hard challenges and such.

Top Bottom