• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Tizoc

First off, Fuck Miku, and fuck the fact she is in the lead by a large margin. Now, early numbers are looking like this!:

Miku: 162
Vectorman: 37
Segata: 28
Ryo: 27
Billy Hatcher: 21
Ristar: 21
Sakura (Sakura Taisen): 21
Bayonetta: 19
Arle (Puyo Puyo): 18
Opa-Opa: 15
Toejam and Earl: 15
Alis (Phantasy Star): 14
Blaze (Streets Of Rage): 14
Phantom R (Rhythm Thief): 14
Amitie (Puyo Puyo): 11
Selvaria (Valkyria): 10
Bonanza Bros. : 9
Welkin (Valkyria): 9
Alex (Streets Of Rage): 7
Space Harrier: 7
Chu Chus: 6
Ash (Hell Yeah!): 4

Thanks, now I can decide on who to vote for XP.
Glad to see Segata and Ryo topping the polls, Billy's data was found in the game disc but with no indication if his model is in there or not. So I might vote for Vectorman or Ristar eventually.

EDIT: in regards to Miku:
The guy that spammed was all coming from the same account, which was 1 vote. As proof here. Like I said, I'll be keeping a close eye on the Miku petition.

TheOGB

Banned
Just finished all the GPs; got Nomad, SEGA All-Star, and Race Hero stickers/achievements (among many others) by the end of it all.

After playing all day, I think it's time to give this a rest.

fake edit: oh crap is it too late to vote?

Het_Nkik

Voting is over, now petitions are up. You can sign as many different petitions as you want, but you can only sign each once.

DeVeAn

^Nope you can still vote, ignore the Miku votes as they are false ATM.
lAST Date to vot is Nov. 30th.

The furries have no love for manliness.
I guess so as Jacky and Akira are gone as well. Damn.

Also my votes
Ryo Hazuki
Kazuma Kiryu
Ristar

How does the start boost work? I've been playing for 15 odd hours now, ploughing through expert and I'm still not quite sure. Sometimes I can get the red flames by hitting the accelerator at a certain point (as with other games) but it is the most measly boost you will ever see. I'm not sure if I'm meant to do something else or if that's really it.

Besides Traffic Attack and Pursuit, expert is actually quite manageable. I'm at 172 stars now and enjoying the game a lot. I'm still not fond of the handling in the water, however. It's especially annoying when you hit something and get stuck or you come to a complete stand still. I guess the solution is not to hit things, lol, but it's easier said than done sometimes. One of the tracks where you're going through a base and a woman is talking is probably the worst. There are extremely tight corners that you can't really make and many places to get stuck. I've looked in the manual for a way to reset the car/boat/plane but can't find anything. Is it possible?

TheOGB

Banned
How does the start boost work? I've been playing for 15 odd hours now, ploughing through expert and I'm still not quite sure. Sometimes I can get the red flames by hitting the accelerator at a certain point (as with other games) but it is the most measly boost you will ever see. I'm not sure if I'm meant to do something else or if that's really it.
Press and hold the gas in time with the countdown. Don't let go when you've got it blue.

Am I just not picking up on something? The boost challenges, even on easy, are impossible!!! I can't even make it to one checkpoint

Emitan

Wii U version is 6GB and is going to take over 6 hours to download...

I'm hoping their servers are just packed and they're not normally this slow.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looking forward to wiiU impressions so I can figure out whether to get that in a couple of weeks, or maybe the PS3 version.

Demo was ok - boats felt very slow. But the boost challenge was impossible. I have no idea what easy does, but even in that skill level I only missed one boost and ran out of time before hitting land. The planes are quite twitchy in flight to accurately hit the boost spots

Demo was ok - boats felt very slow. But the boost challenge was impossible. I have no idea what easy does, but even in that skill level I only missed one boost and ran out of time before hitting land. The planes are quite twitchy in flight to accurately hit the boost spots

ditto =(

ArjanN

First off, Fuck Miku, and fuck the fact she is in the lead by a large margin. Now, early numbers are looking like this!:

Miku: 162
Vectorman: 37
Segata: 28
Ryo: 27
Billy Hatcher: 21
Ristar: 21
Sakura (Sakura Taisen): 21
Bayonetta: 19
Arle (Puyo Puyo): 18
Opa-Opa: 15
Toejam and Earl: 15
Alis (Phantasy Star): 14
Blaze (Streets Of Rage): 14
Phantom R (Rhythm Thief): 14
Amitie (Puyo Puyo): 11
Selvaria (Valkyria): 10
Bonanza Bros. : 9
Welkin (Valkyria): 9
Alex (Streets Of Rage): 7
Space Harrier: 7
Chu Chus: 6
Ash (Hell Yeah!): 4

Just voted.

Some updated results:

Miku: 247
Vectorman: 101
Segata: 92
Ryo: 57
Bayonetta: 42
Ristar 41
Billy hatcher: 40

Some fanart from the sega forum thread:

segatacolored.jpg

Looking forward to wiiU impressions so I can figure out whether to get that in a couple of weeks, or maybe the PS3 version.

Are you using other means to get boost? Drifting, tricks? You need to utilise those in many of them or you won't make it. They become a lot easier with a bit of practice.

Tizoc

Gotta vote for Blaze!
And I bet Billy Hatcher will come back as DLC anyway, he was already in the first game.
Billy's data was found in the disc:
http://www.tssznews.com/2012/11/15/...at-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-data-2/

Am I just not picking up on something? The boost challenges, even on easy, are impossible!!! I can't even make it to one checkpoint

Always use Lvl. 1 boosts, this is the key to victory, also try and find a kart which u ca handle well for the stage you're taking the challenge on. ...and a vehicle with high boost lasts longer than a vehcile with low boost stat.
Just voted.

Some updated results:

Ristar 41

Some fanart from the sega forum thread:

lol at this rate, Miku won't be added if these fake votes keep piling up.

Shiloa

Damn weaboos voting for Miku. There are so many more fun characters than that.

The Segata fanart is cool. They could easily have him riding Opa Opa (driving), ChuChus rocket (flying section) and Ecco for the water section. It would make for a great crazy character.

Tbh I'd love to see Ecco for the driving section. Give him an ball filled with water - would be hilarious to drive around.

ArjanN

lol at this rate, Miku won't be added if these fake votes keep piling up.

Are they fake votes though? Seems like all it would take to get this number of votes is to post it in some Miku fan forum. I think that game is pretty popular. Not that I'd rule out 4-chan trollvoting or something. Now that I think about it 1000 votes is actually a really low number. I'm sure GAF by itself could get 1000 votes on Bayonetta or something.

OMG Aero

Just voted.

Some updated results:

Ristar 41
Man, fuck popular opinion. It's so stupid that Miku is way in the lead just because she is a kawaii uguu anime girl~

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the same reason Selvaria is ahead of Welkin too. Welkin is a way better character than her instead of just being a bad villain and also has vehicles that could be used for each form in the game (except maybe the boat unless they used the airtight Edelweiss or something).

Valkyria Chronicles characters and Bonanza Bros down near the bottom, why must you disappoint me Sega fans?
Oh Phantom R is there, somehow with more votes, i'm not even sure enough people played rhythm thief to get him that up even that high.

Glad to see Segata is winning this (Mika doesn't count, as apparently people are making multiple accounts to vote for her, which will only hurt her chances).

Ryo is my second choice, but come on people; it's fucking Segata Sanshiro.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are you using other means to get boost? Drifting, tricks? You need to utilise those in many of them or you won't make it. They become a lot easier with a bit of practice.

In the demo version, you're in a plane almost immediately, and its a fairly straight course. If that isn't representative then it's a silly choice for a demo.

Still have a preorder but considering cancelling. Only things stopping me are the relatively low price and the sega nostalgia stuff.

Jucksalbe

Banned
In the demo version, you're in a plane almost immediately, and its a fairly straight course. If that isn't representative then it's a silly choice for a demo.
The plane section is pretty easy, there is a short section at the beginning where you have no boost, just use the item you have for that, after that there is enough boost to last you until you get in the car again and lose 1 second max. Drift around the corner for a boost and you finished the whole section losing maybe 2 seconds.

Huzzah!

Funnily enough, the second traffic challenge was probably the hardest in the end. Well, it took me the longest to do, anyway.

Still have a preorder but considering cancelling. Only things stopping me are the relatively low price and the sega nostalgia stuff.
You can drift in a plane, as well as get a "reckless" bonus for doing a barrel roll etc near an obstacle. Even so, you are required to hit nearly every boost on the boost challenges in order to succeed.

Hard to tell from video compression but the WiiU version runs at a full 720p? looks like it does.

Also on that outrun track the bouncing boye float is still there in full force lol, you can see it going really high every few seconds into the sky.

Brilliant. One of the achievements is to set up a 4-player local race with bots, and have all 4 players come first, second, third and fourth.

In other words, a complete fuck-you to people who are unable to find three other people who would be both willing to play and good enough to beat all the bots.

No game should have achievements that require other people. If they do, they should be online only, as at least that makes it much easier to find people willing/skilled enough.

Top Bottom