• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Doesn't sound like they used the original voice actors for the TF2 cast. :(

I'd love to be wrong, though!

Doesn't sound like they used the original voice actors for the TF2 cast. :(

I'd love to be wrong, though!
Heavy sounds about right @ 2:36. But then, he also sounds off @ 2:26, so eh.

Pyro, I dunno. When he got a new line for the laughing taunt, he sounded kinda off there, too. Other than that, Valve's just reused the same voice clips since 2007 for the guy.

Spy didn't say shit, can't vouch for him. But if Spy sounds right, then Pyro will be using his normal actor too - they're the same guy.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bonanza Bros. aren't back? Sad.

But day one regardless. Sequel to best kart racer of the gen!
I've also never played another Sonic game

Amazon preorder canceled.

sINN3l.jpg

MicH

God, I am so jealous. I almost want to pick it up this Friday... but I must resist until Wii U comes out on the 30th... I must!

Platy

OP needs some spoiling for
SegaBot
(anyone have pics of it ?) and maybe the pc exclusive ... but still .. nice surprises.

It still gives the feeling that it is less Sega than it should .. but interesting.

NOW GIVE ME ALEX KIDD DLC ><

First impressions (360):

Game is really well done. There's a ton of content. I'm playing through World Tour mode, which is just one of the modes. You unlock stars to progress in this mode. Beating a race on easy gets you one star, medium two stars, and hard three stars. One of my paths is blocked right now since I need 8 stars, but I can take another path and come back later. Played for half an hour, and my stats screen says I'm 1% done with the game. There are more RPG elements here than in Paper Mario Sticker Star. Every character levels up starting from level 1, and for doing this you unlock mods which affect vehicle performance.. You get stickers for your license for fulfilling certain requirements (kind of like an achievement system on top of the achievement system). There are 168 staff ghosts to beat.

Music is just outstanding, and always changing.

Races are tons of fun. Each lap there are different things going on, like maybe on lap 2 you'll be in a boat, then lap 3 back on land, and there have been races where they change it up multiple times during a single lap. And the world tour races are not just races... I've seen 1 on 1 matches, and a "drift" mode where you need to drift inside different zones to earn more time to complete the race.

Installed, the game loads fast enough that I don't have time to read the "hint" all the way through on the loading screen.

Boat sections give me a HUGE Hydro Thunder vibe, because there's huge waves going on, and lots of secret areas. LOTS of secret areas. With coins to collect. Not sure what the coins do yet.

The graphics were a tad jarring at first. I don't know what it is, but it's almost like it's not quite 30fps or something. Or it is a weird motion blur thing going on. But as soon as I played a couple races, I got used to it, and HOLY SHIT there's just SO MUCH going on in every level. Things flying by in the air, characters dancing around, changing environments, etc. It wasn't until I got to the Afterburner level a few races in that I started to really appreciate the graphics and just how much each level packs in. Sure it would be nice in 60fps, but maybe next gen.

Very happy.

Spinluck

I'm just ratcheting up the pre-game hostility before my team wipes the floor with yours this Sunday.

Not before your shit defense finds out how it feels to have Big Foots foot up their ass.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure a co-worker of mine rung this up at work today. And a couple of Wii-U games too.

Top Bottom