• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Berordn

Whaaaaaaaaat the fuck? No Ryo Hazuki? How could they. Who else got dumped?

He's got cameo appearances, though nothing playable's surfaced yet, same with Zobio and Zobiko on the HotD track. Alex Kidd exists in a playable form but doesn't appear to be unlockable in the game itself. Opa Opa, Jackie and Akira, Billy Hatcher, the Chu Chus and the Bonanza Bros are MIA entirely.

Capcom-copy Alert:

On-Disc DLC for
Alex Kidd and Shogun.
Footage now at TSSZ.

At least it's not half the playable roster. I'm not sure if we really know if they're DLC or not, either. Original reports of the Ages character was that he was the final unlockable and he's been showcased the same way that these supposedly DLC characters were as well.

Just to balance things out:

bib2z.jpg

I hope Sega is emboldened by Sony's Smash Bros-like game and makes their own Smash style game. There's obviously devs out there with a lot of love for all of Sega's output.

Tizoc

I hope Sega is emboldened by Sony's Smash Bros-like game and makes their own Smash style game. There's obviously devs out there with a lot of love for all of Sega's output.

A 3D beatem-up style SEGA All-Stars Battle Royal would be THE Epic SEGA game man...

I'm in a pretty foul mood. It's unfair to show me Team Fortress characters tooling around my Sega racing game while a great remix of Super Sonic Warrior plays. I can't not smile at that.

I will say the voices are a little strange. Maybe they're temporary? But they're still passable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWnEcAiDKE

Final character. Major spoilers lie within.

Rlan

So at this point we've assumed you can play as the Mii or Avatar... but we haven't seen anything of them yet. It's weird that you'd even have to unlock them to play as them. So ARE they there?

Tizoc

Soooooooooooooooo think it'd be worth it to make a new thread stating that there are TF characters in the game? if only to attract more attention to it >o>;

Just got my copy, the cover is all shiny and stuff, while I can't judge the gameplay yet it gets a 10/10 for making me feel cool.

I'm not really digging the roster this time. Some of the new characters are really cool, but a lot of the ones that were dropped were my favorites. :/

deleted

So, if we know the last one by now, the 29 characters rooster was false after all?
That's a shame, there are so many characters missing.

They nailed the look of the TF2 one btw, but the guys just don't sound like themselfs even if the animation is there. Get some new lines by the original VAs or use some TF2 lines which should match the tone of the game just fine...

Tizoc

^It's real.
...suddenly I want to play the Total War series...which of the games on Steam are worth getting?

Rlan

If you consider Sega said earlier this year that their core 4 franchises they were focusing on were Sega, Aliens, Football Manager and Total War, you could see Sumo have a giggle and go "Alright, let's do Football Manager and Shogun!"

Tizoc

If you consider Sega said earlier this year that their core 4 franchises they were focusing on were Sega, Aliens, Football Manager and Total War, you could see Sumo have a giggle and go "Alright, let's do Football Manager and Shogun!"

The product placement is working...I am tempted to check out Total War now >_>

Sounds like something Sumo would do and Sega would see the funny side.

S0L said some stuff about "Platform exclusives". I wonder if they were meant for different PC platforms like GetGames and Gamersgate and eventually they will all be unlocked in every version for free (Sumo and Sega ain't jerks like Capcom)

Also we haven't seen the Football Manager character yet, have we?

PowderedToast

hmmmmm, would like having this portable on the vita but would also like to play it splitscreen when my gf comes over (she loves sega stuff)

any footage of the vita version yet?

Okay having spent a bit of time with things so far here's some thoughts.

- The default roster is pants, looks like i've got to dig out the unlockables.
- I'm a bigger fan of planes than boats, so DKR all over again and much like DKR a bad turn on water can be a real pain.
- Item hits seem sort of inconsistent at times, as in how big an effect it has on the person struck.
- Galactic Parade rocks my socks.
- Most importantly of all this game is really solid, tracks are very varied in both theme and layout which i'd say addresses the main issue with the previous game from what I played of it.

Okay now get cracking on some Valkyria Chronicles DLC please.
I'll get Football Manager

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
No TJ & E

No playable Ristar

No Phantasy Star

:(

But Skies of Arcadia stage and character, Burning Rangers stage, awesome
Ages
character, NiGHTS course and couple of characters, Shinobi course and character, and awesome remixed music everywhere.

Top Bottom