• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Wonko_C

Do it from your phone.

This is my phone.

MczfLre.jpg

One of my friends has an iphone though, I'll ask him to download the app and see if we can schedule it from there.

EDIT: Download is available now! 4.2gb Right before I leave for the movies. :)

Gigarator

Just come from an hours play and my goodness it's enjoyable. I couldn't help but smile when a remix of "toot-toot sonic warrior" started playing on the first race, really cool. Usually with karting games it takes me a while to get to grips with the drift/boost mechanics but after failing the first race a couple of times I think I've figured it out.

Graphic settings seem a little dodgy though, I've got all the options put to their max but the aliasing option really doesn't seem to do a whole lot, think some tinkering is in order.

jon_dojah

Banned
Alot better than my ps3 version. Loadtimes practically non existant. Button config is weird using xbox controller. Im using the face buttons for stunt flips since analog wont work. Works pretty good and especially like being able to use the dpad which wasnt an option on console.

One thing is weird is 3D support. On the original game i could move the slider to 100% and worked perfect but Transformed i have to slide it down to around 15-25% to get the depth satisfactory but there is still a bit of ghosting. Overall its gravy though

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Btw consensus on the 3DS version vs the others and MK7? Just curious. Like, is it clearly half-assed compared to the primary version, is it competent but hampered by technical issues more than the others, or a solid base but without enough content?

Prinny

Btw consensus on the 3DS version vs the others and MK7? Just curious. Like, is it clearly half-assed compared to the primary version, is it competent but hampered by technical issues more than the others, or a solid base but without enough content?
It's not out yet. Feb 12 in NA.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Some 3DS footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B1EWO5iC7KQ#!

The framerate is due to the camera (it's said in the video itself).
Wait what... That looks like the same track as PC Ocean View? I thought people said this version is its own thing, not a port. If they can port levels as seemingly successfully as this why did they not port the whole thing? Or is it a port after all? Or is it a cut down port that they're being nice to by saying it's its own thing and not a port at all? Hum. Edit: same for next track.

Well, either way, it looks impressively close to the real deal if the frame rate isn't shit (and the amount of content isn't bad). And if it's bad (he mentions it's bad but doesn't go in detail, if it's just bad compared to Mario Kart 7 etc) then I don't get why they didn't cut down more detailts, I can't see that much but it seems a lot of the polygonal detail objects are kept, if simplified.

Wait what... That looks like the same track as PC Ocean View? I thought people said this version is its own thing, not a port. If they can port levels as seemingly successfully as this why did they not port the whole thing? Or is it a port after all? Or is it a cut down port that they're being nice to by saying it's its own thing and not a port at all? Hum. Edit: same for next track.

Well, either way, it looks impressively close to the real deal if the frame rate isn't shit (and the amount of content isn't bad). And if it's bad (he mentions it's bad but doesn't go in detail, if it's just bad compared to Mario Kart 7 etc) then I don't get why they didn't cut down more detailts, I can't see that much but it seems a lot of the polygonal detail objects are kept, if simplified.

The DS version of the first game was handled the same way. The track layouts were (aside from a few, I think) pretty much identical to the console/PC counterparts, but were missing a few stage hazards here or there.

This game is kicking ass on my PC. Couldn't see in the OT but is there a GAF Steam group for this game? Internet's kind of dodgy but when it's doing better than usual wouldn't mind racing a few peeps.

Prinny

I don't understand why they won't let me use my ugly mii online :(

Edit: The AI is driving me nuts. Why do they shoot backwards when they're not in 1st!
If you were behind me I would do the same thing!
even if I was 9th

Edit: Good games, the last few races were dangerously close.

I don't understand why they won't let me use my ugly mii online :(
Privacy I guess, the world doesn't need to know that you're really a demon penguin.

Edit: The AI is driving me nuts. Why do they shoot backwards when they're not in 1st!

Edit: One more race then I've got to go for a while!

Good games!!!

TheOGB

Banned
Someone please tell me you can do tricks with the dpad

Outside of that, if the DS version of the original is anything to go by, it may not look "pretty", but it'll play quite alright

Hey fellas, PSN version just went live for 29.99 FYI. Think I'm gonna plunge today.

How's the split screen coop in this? Any unique coop modes? And how's it run in 4p split screen?

Thanks in advance

I went to Best Buy with the intention of buying this game for my WiiU. However, looking at the back of the box at all the controller options, I had more questions than I was comfortable with.

Can 1 person use the WiiU controller and the others are stuck with Wiimotes?

Or, when more than one person is playing, is the WiiU controller useless (ala NSMB)?

This made me realize I only have 2 Wiimotes and the WiiU controller, leaving one member of my family to sit and watch the rest of us race. Furthermore, I only have 1 WiiU located in my media room. Meanwhile, I have 2 360's and 4 controllers. Needless to say, I walked out with a copy for my 360.

I tried WiiU, I really did. Sorry!

The game itself is pretty amazing. My kids love it and I'm impressed with the overall package. It's a great kart racer. So good in fact, that I'm going to keep an eye out for the first one!

Vibed

I went to Best Buy with the intention of buying this game for my WiiU. However, looking at the back of the box at all the controller options, I had more questions than I was comfortable with.

Can 1 person use the WiiU controller and the others are stuck with Wiimotes?

Or, when more than one person is playing, is the WiiU controller useless (ala NSMB)?

This made me realize I only have 2 Wiimotes and the WiiU controller, leaving one member of my family to sit and watch the rest of us race. Furthermore, I only have 1 WiiU located in my media room. Meanwhile, I have 2 360's and 4 controllers. Needless to say, I walked out with a copy for my 360.

I tried WiiU, I really did. Sorry!

The game itself is pretty amazing. My kids love it and I'm impressed with the overall package. It's a great kart racer. So good in fact, that I'm going to keep an eye out for the first one!

Actually, it supports 5 player multiplayer with all control schemes. Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, and Pro Controller. The 5th player gets to use the gamepad as their own screen.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The 3DS version is already available on the European eShop. There are also some screenshots with 3D.

Some cut backs as in the music not changing in each area and a personal one of that waterfall jump into the plane ring not working right when you have to trying to miss that ring to not hit it confuse me.

Sooooooooo filthy.

The GF and I have been going through this, getting three stars on all the events, had most of the characters at or near max level. We booted it up a couple nights ago for a play, did about an hours worth - when we were doing a Traffic event, the sound glitched and the game froze. On that note, we figured we'd finish up for the night.

Booted it up the next day.
0 stars.

Save game corrupted.

Gutted.

Top Bottom