• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Sold. Thanks, I'm on mobile here!

Yeah, I played the PS3 demo again today just for kicks and am still amazed how fucking good the Vita version looks in comparison. It being native res certainly puts it at an advantage as it doesn't look like the other 3 versions, which look like they were smeared in vaseline.

Decided though i'm gonna pick up the Wii U version.

Separate family screen/off-screen racing put me over the edge. Gonna pick it up with a Wii-U at the end of the month hopefully

Fixed for accuracy. No other game mode can make me go from feeling like a racing god to a clumsy chump in about three seconds.

Yeah, it's this feeling that infuriates me.

I really want to move on from my maxed-out Vyse onto Joe Musashi, but the game modes at this point are so fucking brutal it's tough to get good with him. Maybe Grand Prix time is needed.

Gotta say that I'm really liking the different modes in World Tour, some of them are just rough as shit.

Just got this game recently, and I'm sure this has been said several times, but this is easily the best kart racing game I've played since CTR. Possibly my GOTY for 2012. I love love love how the co-op works in this game. My gf and I have had a blast working together unlocking characters. I will be there day one if there's Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 2 for next gen. If there are any GAF races or cups going on for PS3 I'd be happy to participate (PSN: harms64).

And I apologize if this has been asked a million times already, but has there been any word on if/when will see any DLC? I would buy Chaotix, Earthworm Jim, Toejam & Earl, and/or Bayonetta DLC at a high price.

decaf

If anyone's got a European Vita Premium Edition DLC code they haven't used, I'm happy to throw a fiver your way for it - just PM me. The physical Premium Edition seems to be going for less than £20 online, so if you're considering picking it up anyway and don't really care about Metal Sonic or the OutRun track consider this an extra £5 off!

Ken

How much is this on PSN? I noticed Amazon sold out or something and now it's just third party sellers. Also my Gamestop never got any more copies. :(

What's the limited DLC? Is it still up?

You can pick up the game now at most retail stores, and if you do so you’ll notice you get some bonus DLC content in there too – a little thanks from us to all those fans out there who pick up the game at launch to support it! The digital copy of the game will also come with this DLC, but it’s a limited time offer for both!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Pretty sure it's Metal Sonic, the Outrun Bay Track, and free in-game stickers for the license you share with other players online.

Manager

Anyone know the quality of the PC version? I want to preorder it on steam but I'm a little hesitant after the first one.

I've been waiting so long for the PC-version but I'm a bit sad there's still so little information about it. I'm nervous about them removing 4p split-screen aspects or something else stupid, like with other console-to-PC ports.

OK, Grand Prix with Joe Musashi is going excellently. Gonna have to switch back to Vyse to progress in World Tour though- anything beyond pure racing isn't good for Joe.

Mistle

got 200 stars in World Tour. Gonna keep getting more.

S class is hard but not impossible. There's only been a small amount that have taken more than 5 or so tries. The first traffic attack took easily like, 20+ .___. By the end of it I had every turn and precise button press saved to muscle memory! haha.

got 200 stars in World Tour. Gonna keep getting more.

S class is hard but not impossible. There's only been a small amount that have taken more than 5 or so tries. The first traffic attack took easily like, 20+ .___. By the end of it I had every turn and precise button press saved to muscle memory! haha.

I agree, Expert isn't THAT big a step up from Hard. As ever, it feels like the courses give me more grief than the other racers ever do. It's doable.

More importantly, it's super fucking satisfying. Luckily Gillius is more than capable of performing at that level.

B-Dex

Does anyone know the ports to open on the Wii U apparently my router hates the wii u. Or should I just open like all ports and give it it's own IP? (the online for this game always gives me an error and won't connect to any lobbies)

Is it just me or is this game hard as balls? On Vita I'm having a bit of trouble even on 2 stars.

2 stars giving you grief? Maybe you're just naff. :p

Seriously though, try changing characters more. I find AiAi or Sonic are best for early on- Vyse is fantastic once you unlock him.

That last character
Kreygasm.png

man this game is awesome

ajim

Ok, so I've obtained every single world tour star and feel pretty good. I then went on to try some Time Trial and holy god are the staff ghosts impossible to beat! I can beat the 'Hard' ones easy enough, but just can't seem to beat the 'S' ones.

I have no idea how people are beating them by 3-4 seconds either :S

Phenomic

There is a way to play this game on the game pad for the Wii U version correct? Am I just missing something we were doing it last night at my friends house with local co op, but it just won't work in single player it's strange.

Edit* Found it!

Dunkelgrau

I am playing on Wii U.

Some of the stages in this game are really classic. It his hard to believe that the next Mario Kart will get better than this. I love the hard difficulty. And that drifting!

The only thing I am disappointed with are the items – or maybe I have found out how to use them correctly.

ajim

Ok, so I've obtained every single world tour star and feel pretty good. I then went on to try some Time Trial and holy god are the staff ghosts impossible to beat! I can beat the 'Hard' ones easy enough, but just can't seem to beat the 'S' ones.

I have no idea how people are beating them by 3-4 seconds either :S

No one else has the Time Trial difficulty hate like I do? I find that hard to believe!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I kind of hope it's Miku - to bolster the Japanese launch and also to bring Vocaloid over to the west.

For non-business reasons though, something Phantasy Star.

Prinny

If there was a Wall of Shame I would be on it, lol.

Anyways, any Wii U racers feel like racing now? :D

I made a lobby if you still want to play.

Smilax 253 posts
Tizoc 186
Prinny 130
Berordn 126
Kokonoe 105
Saint Gregory 80
tiggerkiddo 72
Nocturnowl 68
Shotgun Kiss 62
Diablohead 59

Ken

Bought 3 copies of the Vita version for me and some other people. Should be here by the end of the month. Can't wait after hearing all the good things about it.

How long does it take to unlock all the characters though? Kind of want to go into the versus stuff ASAP but not with a limited roster.

Smilax

I made a lobby if you still want to play.

Smilax 253 posts
Tizoc 186
Prinny 130
Berordn 126
Kokonoe 105
Saint Gregory 80
tiggerkiddo 72
Nocturnowl 68
Shotgun Kiss 62
Diablohead 59

lol, :< Alright, I"ll join in, I just played a bit of the best Sonic game ever!
Sonic 06

Ken

This game is really fun! Are there any tips for racing that aren't listed in the manual like getting a boost start thing at the beginning similar to Mario Kart?

This game is really fun! Are there any tips for racing that aren't listed in the manual like getting a boost start thing at the beginning similar to Mario Kart?

Yeah, you can boost start. Press on the gas whenever a number pops up in the countdown at the beginning. Also, practice drifting...a lot. If you drift long enough, you can get a drift boost, which can go all the way to a level 3 boost. It's very useful. You can also get a boost from landing flips, which can be done with the right thumbstick whenever you're launched into the air. If you're in flight mode, you can do barrel rolls and flips with the right thumbstick as well, and if you use one to avoid an obstacle at the last second, you'll get a risk boost.

Wonko_C

Does the game automatically start downloading when it's unlocked? I'm going out with friends and we want to play the game once we're back.

Top Bottom