• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

Smilax

Gotta remind myself to play that game more. Who usually host these games in the thread?

On the Wii U side, it's Prinny, SaintGreg, Smashkirby, Kokonoe [sometimes I think] and on the odd occasion me.

For PS3 and Vita: It's Tizoc.

For Xbox360: I have no idea.

qq more

On the Wii U side, it's Prinny, SaintGreg, Smashkirby, Kokonoe [sometimes I think] and on the odd occasion me.

For PS3 and Vita: It's Tizoc.

For Xbox360: I have no idea.

Ah, only have Koko added on Wii U. Who hosts the most out of the Wii U people? I'll add him/her.

Smilax

Ah, only have Koko added on Wii U. Who hosts the most out of the Wii U people? I'll add him/her.

I wanna guess Prinny. :p Greg hosts if we are encountering a lot of Network Issues, Smashingkirby might be as active as Prinny, so those two. I used to host, but I encounter a lot of network issues, so it's best I don't host lol.

Smilax

There's never any people in the matchmaking lobby :/ I hope I'm not just connecting to Australian players.

It's stubborn. If you can't find anyone for a while. Exit out of Matchmaking, go to the title screen, then get back in and then connecting to matchmaking again. Repeat until you find a room. It always worked for me lol

Smilax

Question for Wii U version, Are you able to play splitscreen mutiplayer with a Gamepad and Wii Remote?

I don't believe so. The one using the Gamepad has to use the the screen. There might be an option in options, but I don't really think you can.

Prinny

Open lobby (Wii U)!

Edit: I hate bees so much!

Edit2: That drone came so close to hit me in the stairs.

Edit3: At least the NE happened before the race started. Not long ago we did ~20 races without any NE, I don't understand...

Prinny

Before. We had 3 so far out of ~10 races :(

One of them happened at the same time I refreshed this page while the race was starting. Maybe it's your gif fault after all!

I'm never going to make it through that afterburner shortcut ever.
One of them happened at the same time I refreshed this page while the race was starting. Maybe it's your gif fault arfter all!
But Oprah Bees is our friend :(

Edit: So once I get 1st place network error huh?

Prinny

Stupid moving bridge!

Edit: So many items in my face... It hurts.

I didn't shoot that drone, it was the cpu. I got hit by your tornado :/

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
And BOOM!

Reala and AGES unlocked! I don't think I'm gonna bother getting the other stuff in World Tour, lol. Now all I need to unlock is Eggman!

Really great game. Two questions...

1. Anything about DLC? Or is this going to be another Sonic Generation's fiasco...

2. How's the original? I wanna pick it up after seeing all the cool characters in it that are missing in this, but will the gameplay feel archaic?

Berordn

1. Anything about DLC? Or is this going to be another Sonic Generation's fiasco...

2. How's the original? I wanna pick it up after seeing all the cool characters in it that are missing in this, but will the gameplay feel archaic?

Re: 1, we know there's some sort of plan for it, since there's support for more DLC characters, some characters on the disc (that may be there by accident, but we still don't know), and they were gauging the SEGA forums with those DLC polls.

Re: 2, it's good, more akin to a traditional Mario Kart than an arcade hybrid like this is. Plays differently, but still holds up well I think.

Smilax

Hello fellow Sanic racers, I was wondering if any of you guys would like an invite for DOTA 2. I have 2 left. :p Just PM me, or add me on Steam. My Steam name is Smilax.

Watch Da Birdie

Hmm, so I'll probably pick up the original Sonic and Sega All-Stars tomorrow then. Want me some Billy Hatcher, GOOD MORNING. It's a shame they removed him, and apparently last minute since he doesn't even cameo anywhere, he's my dude.

I'm planning on getting the Wii Version, are there any noticeable quality issues compared to the PS3/XBOX360 versions?

EDIT: I'm also on the lookout for Samba de Amigo for the Wii. Playing this game has inspired me to play some Sega Classics.

Speaking of which, what's the best Alex Kidd and/or Shinobi game, and are they available on the Wii VC/PSN?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Just buy Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on PS3 to supplement your SEGA needs. 20 dollars, fifty something games.

Mistle

So I passed everything (except normal races) on hard.... Then unlocked expert...

Ahahahahahaha... haha.. ha.... ARRRRGGGGHHHH

It's actually not too bad though, I really enjoyed the challenges and I'm glad there's reason to replay them now! I'm sure I'll rip all my hair out though.
Also, the 6th world was a good surprise too! Haven't started it yet however.

So I unlock Eggman by beating GP? Any specific difficulty? What about unlocking Mii?

Watch Da Birdie

So I unlock Eggman by beating GP? Any specific difficulty? What about unlocking Mii?

You can do any difficulty iirc, you just need to get on the podium.

You unlock Mii first, Eggman is beating the Mirror Mode GPs.

Preble

Hey Simlax, I think we did a few races a couple days ago. I remember seeing your name during couple online matches I was trying. Small world man.

Shinta

Banned
It's impossible, lol.

Seriously, that turn FUCKED me over in the one World Tour where you had to challenge the five racers in a row in a Versus Match. Whenever I'd beat one opponent, it drop me at that part, and I'd literally hit the wall...the racer would then ZOOM by me, and I'd lose as they'd get to far ahead.

The best advice I found is to not ever drift at that part, just try to cut a straight line through.

I got it now, you were totally right. Thanks :)

Watch Da Birdie

Just buy Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on PS3 to supplement your SEGA needs. 20 dollars, fifty something games.

I picked it up, it rocks. Thanks for the suggestion.

Playing it makes me wonder where Sumo will take the Sega All-Stars series next though. Transformed is so good, I can't imagine really how it can be topped simply by another racing game, it's hit its peak already. Honestly Sumo should do what Nintendo and Sony is doing and create a mascot fighter, but utilize the basic Power Stone 3D fields to differentiate it.

Could someone point me to a good Wii u / PS3 graphic comparison?

Trying to figure out which console version to pick up in a couple of weeks

THANKS!

Top Bottom